Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 05:42 PM

121 posts, read 41,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
It's a massacre brought upon the Palestinians by their own actions.
We really have to start putting national security interests ahead of propaganda, and allow our allies to do the same. Israel has an obligation to knock Hamas out, like we did to the Taliban. I'm tired of watching them tip toe around. They can be sweet as pie and the far left racists will still hate them, but at least the rockets would stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 05:43 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,786,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
No chance, they simply want 2 different things.

The Israelis want peace the Palestinians want the Israelis dead.

That's why there's no middle ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The hostilities were ceased until just about four months ago. And since then, they have ratcheted up rapidly, in close correlation with efforts by the Biden* regime to re-appease and enable the Iranians and their terror regime.

This is all linked, obviously.
Sorry but right now I don't think either side wants peace. Neither side currently is being the good guy in this conflict, that is unless they listen to those voices calling for an end to the fighting!

As long as the Jews or Palestine's keep calling the other side evil and see themselves as noble there won't be any peace. The middle ground is for both sides to lay down their arms!

Old 05-13-2021, 05:46 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times
Quote:
It's a massacre brought upon the Palestinians by their own actions. They've had multiple opportunities to deal with Israel peacefully, but have decided that launching missiles was a better option. Actions have consequences.

And no, I don't care about the "British and the Rothschilds" argument. That horse died about 70 years ago, you can stop flogging it now. Israel has been forced to defend themselves since day one of their modern existence, from multiple surrounding nations. The fact that the surrounding nations are still in existence is proof that Israel is far less warmongering than they are.
No, the Israelis were put there for a western foothold in the middle east.

They encroach on Palestinian land, their goal is to wipe them out. So Hamas, who is more popular than Abbas (I wonder why) responds by fighting back.

The Israelis then go slaughter children. This isn't a war, this is a massacre.

Israel has control of the water, electricity, and fishing in Gaza. They have a siege of the territory, people defend themselves as they should.

The IDF are acting like Nazis, and there goal is to take over the entire country. The question is why do western Christians believe in giving Israel unlimited funds.

Why do they put Israeli interests ahead of American interests?

Old 05-13-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRubbish View Post
We really have to start putting national security interests ahead of propaganda, and allow our allies to do the same. Israel has an obligation to knock Hamas out, like we did to the Taliban. I'm tired of watching them tip toe around. They can be sweet as pie and the far left racists will still hate them, but at least the rockets would stop.
Israel is not our ally.

They US American blood for their own interest, they spy and assassinate American troops, they fund radical sunni groups that attack Americans in Syria.

The question is why are evangelicals more loyal to Israel than America. Why do they force American tax payers to give unlimited funds to Israel?

Old 05-13-2021, 05:58 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
For number 2 I think that you're being pessimistic. The middle east already were having enough problems with Syria, tensions between Iran and Saudi Arabia, etc. I feel that Israel and Palestinians both ceasing all hostilities would not make other Muslin nations try to wipe Israel off the map. Instead it might even lower all tensions in the middle east.
And I think you're being extremely naive on the matter. One of the few things that can unify Muslims all over the planet is this: The destruction of Israel and reclaiming that holy ground for Islam.

Try it some time. Try finding any Muslim on the planet that believes that Israel should be allowed to exist. I've never met one. Not all of them condone violence, but virtually all of them want the nation of Israel to cease to exist. And the closer you get to Israel, the more absolutely mindless hatred for all Jews (not just Israelis) you will find. It has only been by military strength that Israel has kept the wolves at bay. The only reason that Jordan, Syria and Egypt stopped attacking is because they got sick of losing the wars and losing large chunks of their territories in the bargain.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:05 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Israel is not our ally.

They US American blood for their own interest, they spy and assassinate American troops, they fund radical sunni groups that attack Americans in Syria.

The question is why are evangelicals more loyal to Israel than America. Why do they force American tax payers to give unlimited funds to Israel?
You make awfully big claims for someone that doesn't post a link backing those claims up. Show me proof that Israel funds radical Sunni groups.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:11 PM

121 posts, read 41,514 times
Quote:
Israel is not our ally.
Hamas certainly isn't. Iran isn't and I'm hoping Israel's efforts get stronger and discourage Biden from his plans to appease the Iranian dictators. Iran is such an awful mess of country, most people I know who are from there claim to be "Persian". I know many Iranians here in LA and out of politeness I accept their definition. But that would be like me saying I'm a Saxon, and not a Brit.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:
You make awfully big claims for someone that doesn't post a link backing those claims up. Show me proof that Israel funds radical Sunni groups.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/al-qaed...art-1426169708

Old 05-13-2021, 06:18 PM

10,030 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
It's a shame our current administration is not up to the challenge to calm tensions over there.
Not surprised.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:26 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
It's behind a paywall, but what I could read said nothing about Israel funding radical Sunni groups who attack Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies