Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 09:07 AM

2,082 posts, read 925,810 times

Advertisements

Interesting.....

Those racist English requiring mandatory IDs to vote what will the Blacks and East Asians say

Will Hollyweird boycott the UK?

UK Announces Voter ID Law To Avoid U.S.-Style Election Fraud.

In an effort to prevent and deter voter fraud on the scale of the last U.S. presidential election, a photo ID will now be required to vote in UK general elections, a proposal to be included in the Queen’s Speech to Parliament on Tuesday.

https://thenationalpulse.com/breakin...nces-voter-id/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 09:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,627,534 times
Didnt we fight a brutal war to break free from England and be a different type of country?

Old 05-10-2021, 09:12 AM

8,946 posts, read 2,971,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Didnt we fight a brutal war to break free from England and be a different type of country?
Are you implying that we could never learn anything from them?

Because we broke away from them 250 years ago?

Old 05-10-2021, 09:21 AM

15,867 posts, read 6,569,892 times
Curiously, the impact of this law in the UK is similar to that in the US: effectively suppressing the minority vote. There's very little voter fraud in the UK, so this is likely driven by Conservative politics echoing the US. The parliamentary debates should be interesting. That being said, I don't really have a qualm about requiring some form of ID to vote in person, as long as mail-in ballots are still allowed.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:24 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,121,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Curiously, the impact of this law in the UK is similar to that in the US: effectively suppressing the minority vote. There's very little voter fraud in the UK, so this is likely driven by Conservative politics echoing the US. The parliamentary debates should be interesting. That being said, I don't really have a qualm about requiring some form of ID to vote in person, as long as mail-in ballots are still allowed.
The easier you make it to vote, the less you'd 'suppress' the vote i supposed. You'd also get more fraud. Right now, our voting system is so f*cked up, we have no good way to prove fraud or not.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:27 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,425,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
The easier you make it to vote, the less you'd 'suppress' the vote i supposed. You'd also get more fraud. Right now, our voting system is so f*cked up, we have no good way to prove fraud or not.
Sure we do, you’re just torn because you want to still keep believing Trump’s lies.

Recounts that verify the votes and that the people who voted are eligible clearly shows which votes are valid and should be counted. The US has always had a rather reliable election system. We’ve just never had a candidate scream fraud no i really won when he lost.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:28 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,121,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Sure we do, you’re just torn because you want to still keep believing Trump’s lies.
Ok,

I send in my mailed in ballot, how does a poll worker tell if it was I who voted or someone else?

Old 05-10-2021, 09:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
They didn't announce a new law. The announced that they were proposing a new law.

No history of fraud with the existing system and using the lies perpetuated in the USA by the guy who lost -- lol...not exactly a solid reason to chang their system.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:31 AM

17,678 posts, read 6,947,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Yes. I’m sure all those Soros-funded DAs are geared up to investigate and prosecute voter fraud that benefits them and their party.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:31 AM

8,946 posts, read 2,971,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Liberal claims racism!

Drink!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies