Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 10:47 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,180,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
They're not bunched at all. I was pointing out how the poster attempted to 'police' the narrative. We have mods for that.

So if I call out BS on the BS'ers is that the same thing? and expect you to defend that too? I don't think the poster needs a lawyer.
Apparently you are unfamiliar with the "ignore" feature. If anyone bugs you put them on "ignore". Learn to use it. Problem solved.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:51 AM

79,509 posts, read 61,669,898 times
Quote:
They're not bunched at all. I was pointing out how the poster attempted to 'police' the narrative. We have mods for that.

So if I call out BS on the BS'ers is that the same thing? and expect you to defend that too? I don't think the poster needs a lawyer.
My comments were directed at the inaccurate description of the situation using "gestapo" pointing out that real gestapo would have killed them all and it's annoying hyperbole.

If you felt that was BS this we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm not going to stop teeing off on stuff like that though, it got really old having to read for four years how everything Trump did was nazi this or Hitler that....especially the illegal camps being referred to as concentration camps by some.

Doubt more than a few posters here could name more than 1 concentration camp and a sad number probably think they were was just one.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:54 AM

17,549 posts, read 12,551,797 times
Hard to wrap your head around this guidance from the Bible and Christians insisting that they must be able to worship in a church during a pandemic.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

Old 05-10-2021, 11:13 AM

45,528 posts, read 26,811,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Where did I rationalize it? I merely pointed out the irrational hysteria of invoking the gestapo who would have killed every one of them.

How many died? Oh yeah, zero.

You go to band camp for a week and then claim you've been through marine corps boot camp too?
What else shall we call a group of armed, costumed aggressors who show up on private property to stop people from voluntarily gathering? Would compliance fairies better suit you?

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 05-10-2021 at 12:05 PM..

Old 05-10-2021, 01:04 PM

15,301 posts, read 10,075,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Apparently you are unfamiliar with the "ignore" feature. If anyone bugs you put them on "ignore". Learn to use it. Problem solved.
This is a forum with choices... I made one. Live with it

Old 05-10-2021, 01:07 PM

15,301 posts, read 10,075,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My comments were directed at the inaccurate description of the situation using "gestapo" pointing out that real gestapo would have killed them all and it's annoying hyperbole.

If you felt that was BS this we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm not going to stop teeing off on stuff like that though, it got really old having to read for four years how everything Trump did was nazi this or Hitler that....especially the illegal camps being referred to as concentration camps by some.

Doubt more than a few posters here could name more than 1 concentration camp and a sad number probably think they were was just one.
I respect your right to call it as you see it... and I use mine regardless of what other s think. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Old 05-10-2021, 01:38 PM

14,733 posts, read 15,369,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Hard to wrap your head around this guidance from the Bible and Christians insisting that they must be able to worship in a church during a pandemic.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
This post above and the scripture that it's based on - Matthew 6:5 - should be memorized. Then every time some chicken little starts screaming their hypocrisy about freedom of worship inside a church being curtailed by gestapo during emergencies this post and scripture Matthew 6:5 can be used as a response.

Old 05-10-2021, 01:54 PM

14,733 posts, read 15,369,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post

We are being shown that most people will turn against their fellow citizens just to keep a paycheck.

Religious meetings and individual rights DO NOT get suspended because of some real or contrived emergency................in a supposedly FREE country.

Freedom is a fallacy now.
Wrong! Religious meetings and individual rights DO get suspended during emergencies in free countries.

Freedom has always been a fallacy. There is no such thing ANYWHERE in the world as freedom of individual rights to do whatever you please whenever you please. To think otherwise is a childish fantasy. Will it take you until the day you die before you finally realize the truth of that?

People need to grow up and stop fantasizing and fooling themselves with such immature and irresponsible entitlement imaginations.

Old 05-10-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What else shall we call a group of armed, costumed aggressors who show up on private property to stop people from voluntarily gathering? Would compliance fairies better suit you?
Heavy handed policing, over-reaching government...or yes, compliance fairies if you prefer.

Or, refer to them as the Gestapo if you want.

I'm not here to (nor do I have the power) squash anyones free speech on a discussion forum.

I will however point out that calling them the Gestapo is pretty stupid, unless of course they string up the congregation in front of the church or lay them out in a row and put a tank tread across the lot of them etc.

Old 05-10-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I respect your right to call it as you see it... and I use mine regardless of what other s think. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
See, we can reach agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies