Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:20 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
95% of homeowners are just fine. It's the 5% of fools who thought they could afford a $300K home when they only make $50,000, as well as the flippers who got caught in mid-flip, and also the ignorant applicants who failed to EDUCATE themselves about ARMs vs fixed rates. I'll just htrow in a few of the brokers who engaged in not so ethical behavior as well.
5% are delinquent. Many, many, many, many more are preparing to be from the ARM adjustment tidal waves that have just transpired and are going to.

The Ponzi scheme was unfolded late last year. It takes time for people to realize they were suckered before they walk away en masse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Do you always believe everything you read? Case closed.
I would believe something written in an accredited book over the brain drain boob toob every day of the week and twice on the Lord's day.

Uneducated people might prefer the TV.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Wow! So being a politician, working in NYC and meeting the president of the U.S. makes one an expert. Who knew? btw, were they democrats/liberals?

Can you supply ANY evidence that shows we are in a recession? And, I'm not talking about someones opinion.
That's right, Warren Buffett doesn't count. He's probably some liberal who hates America and that's the only reason he'd say we're in one.

The gubbermint weatherman says it's sunny outside, so I guess I'll leave the umbrella at home.

What a tool.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
many more are preparing to be from the ARM adjustment
Many are actually getting notices that their payments are going DOWN -

Effect of the Fed lowering interest rates

Old 05-10-2008, 08:41 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
See step one rinse, then repeat.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Many are actually getting notices that their payments are going DOWN -

Effect of the Fed lowering interest rates
I guess that triple digit percentage massive foreclosure spike is just a figment of my imagination.

Effect of Fed lowering rates might explain 120+ barrel oil, 880 gold, 17 silver, 13/bushel soybeans, etc etc

Old 05-10-2008, 09:03 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
I guess that triple digit percentage massive foreclosure spike is just a figment of my imagination.

Effect of Fed lowering rates might explain 120+ barrel oil, 880 gold, 17 silver, 13/bushel soybeans, etc etc
The foreclosure rate you are now seeing has been primarily fueled by the properties puchased by investors

You mentioned the "upcoming" foreclosures as a result of ARMS - I'm not saying there aren't going to be foreclosures but, I am telling you that many homeowners are getting notices that their payments are going down.

Also, we have seen a real surge in refi's out of many ARMS as well

Old 05-10-2008, 09:06 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
As you all know, we are in a major recession. The real estate bubble has collapsed, oil/gas prices are rising and showing no signs of slowing down, inflation is worsening (food prices, water, milk, etc.), Wall Street is declining, companies (insurance, etc.) are struggling, FedEx is slowing down, workers are being laid off, renters are being foreclosed even though they've paid all their rent, etc.

They're comparing this year to 1928, the year before the Depression started. Turn on MSNBC or other news channels now. It's coming our way.

In what ways do you think this will affect political and economic centers such as New York and Chicago? A rising homeless population, poor people overtaking rich neighborhoods again, etc.
Grow up!

Geez, children today have it so good yet they are the biggest complainers and America-bashers on Internet forums.

The ONLY real problem with our economy right now is oil/gas prices. The sub-prime crisis is being widely overblown by the media to influence the November election. 95% of people are paying their mortgages, but by listening to the media you would think the whole country was collapsing. If we could somehow get down to $2 gas and $60 oil, I don't think we could ask for a better economy. Sure its not perfect, but has there ever been a perfect economy?

Old 05-11-2008, 03:03 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
We are in a recession. Many people in my neighborhood are politicians. That's all they talk about at neighborhood parties we have. And they're not a bunch of idiots, they work in New York City and a couple of them have met the President of the US.
Chances are, if they're politicians, they're not very bright. It's not a guarantee, but I've known some politicians myself and geneally have C-SPAN running in the back.

There's a saying: Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Politicians run along those lines. They're generally people who have little scruples: They don't really take anything personally. They're quite content having the power the position affords them and just doing what's popular. That's not true of all, but from what I've seen, all but a very few.

Quote:
Warren Buffett says we're in one.

But having America's most successful investor say it won't matter to the neo-Bolshevist Bush-bots and other assorted government apologists.
Wasn't there growth last quarter? Isn't Buffet a value-investor who'd have a personal stake in stock prices falling?

Can there really be such a thing as a government apologist in America? Wouldn't that person be an "electorate apologist"... I mean... the government is only the manifestation of the people in a democracy, right? Being mad at the government is just misplacing blame, right?

Old 05-11-2008, 07:18 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
I would believe something written in an accredited book over the brain drain boob toob every day of the week and twice on the Lord's day.

Uneducated people might prefer the TV.
An accredited book? I prefer to believe in the ACTUAL STATISTICAL FACTS rather than someones opinion. You know what they say about opinions, don't you? Just like A-holes, everybody has one.

You act like foreclosures are an unheard-of, anomoly that just never happens. Take my advise, expand your knowledge base. Those the "sky is falling pessimists" will really bring you down, if you let them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies