Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 10:28 AM

26,664 posts, read 15,215,275 times

Advertisements

A leftist lawyer arguing against Georgia's voter ID law. Has stated that the Driver’s License # will be too hard for certain demographics to find on their Driver’s License.

Apparently Democrat voters are too stupid to know that DL on the GA License refers to the drivers license number even though it is the only # with 9 digits.

How do black people renew their plates and driver's licenses as they need this number to do so. It must be a miracle that they have come this far in life, either that or Democrats think they are children and incapable of being normal functioning members of society.

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/04/0...vers-licenses/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 11:17 AM

4,081 posts, read 2,167,229 times
I agree with what you are saying, but it doesn’t seem that he ever specifically said this about minorities, just .Georgia voters in general, of which I am one and resent the inference about my intelligence!

Old 04-04-2021, 11:21 AM

8,071 posts, read 3,968,044 times
Twitter awarded Marc Elias a new pair of clown shoes for his post!

Old 04-04-2021, 11:35 AM

26,664 posts, read 15,215,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I agree with what you are saying, but it doesn’t seem that he ever specifically said this about minorities, just .Georgia voters in general, of which I am one and resent the inference about my intelligence!
Fair, but look at his tweet history in context. He claims the new law is racist voter suppression by Republicans. Then tweeting out evidence for his claim mentions that the driver's license # is too hard to find. It is implied in the context of his overall rantings on the topic the number being supposedly too hard to find suppresses a certain race from voting Democratic.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:18 PM

16,219 posts, read 6,966,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
A leftist lawyer arguing against Georgia's voter ID law. Has stated that the Driver’s License # will be too hard for certain demographics to find on their Driver’s License.

Apparently Democrat voters are too stupid to know that DL on the GA License refers to the drivers license number even though it is the only # with 9 digits.

How do black people renew their plates and driver's licenses as they need this number to do so. It must be a miracle that they have come this far in life, either that or Democrats think they are children and incapable of being normal functioning members of society.

Response: Opinion

Will someone please tell Candice Owen to debunk this hog wash ?

Old 04-04-2021, 04:58 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,335,188 times
The Twitter comments are interesting as well. Apparently it will also be hard for those who are dyslexic or intellectually disabled. I guess none of them are able to vote in person? How did they do it before? Or did Fair Fight and all the other organizations just fill everything in for them?

Old 04-04-2021, 05:29 PM

30,220 posts, read 18,791,202 times
Quote:

Liberals really believe that. As they are "superior beings" (or so they think), everyone else is inferior. As a result, liberals placate and patronize blacks, while actually believing they are inferior.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:34 PM

10,041 posts, read 9,548,305 times
Who cares? I use it as ID. The dude at the strip joint doesn’t need to know the ID number, just that I’m who I am and old enough to enter.

Old 04-04-2021, 07:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,892,316 times
Quote:

He never mentioned “ certain demographics”.

Old 04-04-2021, 08:14 PM

9,048 posts, read 3,542,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He never mentioned “ certain demographics”.
Perhaps you need some more context on his views and activities. He meant black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies