Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 07:37 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
There’s red and then there is racist. The 2 are not the same.
That’s right, just because someone votes red, doesn’t make them racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2021, 07:53 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
There’s red and then there is racist. The 2 are not the same.
Why not tell us what is racist about this Bill? I’m having a real hard time seeing it.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:57 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
That statement may be a bit premature. The NBA moving an All-Star Game from North Carolina a few years back was part of the reason a law was eventually reversed. The NFL threatened states two different times about laws that were being put forth which was instrumental in the Governor of those states not signing them.
The NFL and NBA are in the process of being canceled themselves. Now let MLB join them. I’m sick of them bullying people for politics. It’s none of their damn business. I’d say take the loss this year and things will be better later.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:05 PM

4,136 posts, read 2,839,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doncicmavsfan View Post
It seems like hoards of people from blue states are moving into states like Georgia, Florida, SC, etc...so much so that traffic has become insane and homes are almost not affordable anymore. I definitely can’t say I blame them...lower taxes, less snow, better beaches, more space, etc.

So what happens if these states simply start governing as they see fit with no concern for wokeness?

People aren’t going to stop moving south because of some Hollywood actors getting angry or a baseball all star game being pulled out.

It seems like the states are in control.
“Better Beaches”, did I miss the memo on California and Hawaii somehow becoming red states?

Old 04-02-2021, 09:29 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,884,175 times
The only part of red states that matter are the blue cities within them. So who cares what the red “state” thinks anyway?

Old 04-02-2021, 09:31 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
I really hope Georgia doesn't cave on this. We need to stand strong and resist the relentless tide of woke-ness that is inundating this country like a tsunami, and is as equally destructive as one.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:49 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I really hope Georgia doesn't cave on this. We need to stand strong and resist the relentless tide of woke-ness that is inundating this country like a tsunami, and is as equally destructive as one.
Do you show an ID when you vote?

Old 04-02-2021, 09:51 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I don't want Hollywood or sports teams or any business dictating what laws we can or can't implement. They are not to be in position of power like that, we didn't vote for them, they are mostly dumb, narcissistic and out of touch. Not to mention some of the most deviant people in society due to the $$ they have to hide behind. They are overstepping big time and I want them smacked down to where they belong...entertaining people.

Old 04-02-2021, 09:55 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you show an ID when you vote?
No, because Maryland does not require it. But I wish they did.

I haven't missed a single presidential, gubernatorial, or congressional election since 1984, when I first became eligible to vote. Back then, voting occurred on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November -- period. No early voting, no mail-in ballots, and absentee ballots only if you affirmed that you were going to be out of town on Election Day. And yet, somehow I managed. Why is it such a hardship for people to manage now? And why is it such a hardship to obtain an ID card?

Old 04-02-2021, 09:56 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doncicmavsfan View Post
It seems like hoards of people from blue states are moving into states like Georgia, Florida, SC, etc...so much so that traffic has become insane and homes are almost not affordable anymore. I definitely can’t say I blame them...lower taxes, less snow, better beaches, more space, etc.

So what happens if these states simply start governing as they see fit with no concern for wokeness?

People aren’t going to stop moving south because of some Hollywood actors getting angry or a baseball all star game being pulled out.

It seems like the states are in control.
If we are speaking about sports and Hollywood then you have to Blame your state and last 2-3 governors .

States like Florida, Georgia, and Texas spend MILLIONS every year begging for Sports teams, Tech companies, Hollywood Productions, on and on to come and grace them with their presence. Florida is always begging for movie productions and professional sports. Florida alone has spent Billions on sports and if you want something fun to look up just take a peek at Miami's baseball stadium deal it's a good read.

No need to blame Liberals when Conservatives invited them in for the MONEYSSSSSSS>

You do need to factor in economic impact BTW, I doubt Georiga could afford to go without its tax revenue driven by sports and hollywood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies