Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 07:22 AM

15,082 posts, read 9,969,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No mandates, fake numbers -- all is good here --nothing to see. He's doing a great job.
Start a go fund me 'to leave' page. Would you have preferred Gillum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 07:23 AM

43,852 posts, read 18,849,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
You’re going to need vaccine cards to travel domestically however. Many people in Florida are only there for winters. State border check points will probably be set up for proof of vaccination
Seems just the Dem ruled states want total control over what you can do.

Old 03-31-2021, 07:24 AM

15,082 posts, read 9,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
More reasons to stay out of Florida.
It seems we may agree on this one. I'll stay you NEVER come... win-win.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:15 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,336,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
Yup, this issue has reared its head again and is about to be under investigation. Good ol' DeathSentence has apparently done some major number fudging, which is why he fired Rebekah Jones in the first place. It's awesome to try to look good by hiding the truth - just ask Andrew Cuomo.

Sure you can - the pilots are isolated from the passengers. The passengers are not isolated from each other.

Yeah, I notice he refused the stimulus money coming from Biden into Florida's treasury which he will then take credit for - NOT.
DeSantis is nothing more than a macho man (cue The Village People) who loves to spout tough sounding bs every chance he gets. As such, he is ever so attractive to those missing Trump's in-your-face abrasive, press-attacking, hateful style. Not at all surprised at which people I see offering him such strong support on this forum, as their rhetoric also follows this style of communication. And before anyone tells me not to come to Florida if I don't like him - that ship has sailed.

LOL oh please. Once again you come on here uninformed and you let your emotions ooze all over the place. We get it, Republicans upset you and hurt your feelings. They're all bad. Only Democrats are good. I have many friends who live in Florida who have praised DeSantis repeatedly on end. The numbers didn't get "fudged up." The reality is people like you dragged him through the mud and praised Cuomo, when it was really DeSantis who did a great job, and Cuomo failed miserably. DeSantis fought so Florida could still function and operate so businesses wouldn't go completely under. He protected the elderly and proved he can take care of a state that houses the biggest elderly population. While the seniors of Florida were kept safe and healthy, Cuomo was letting them pile up and die.

And what is that garbage you're spewing about? It was Rick Scott that wanted to return the money. DeSantis clapped back and said it didn't make sense to return it. For the love of God if you're going to come on here and babble incessantly, at least get your facts right.

Source: https://www.politico.com/states/flor...-money-1368470

My friends who own businesses got plenty of relief money. Florida is thriving and the people down there are safe and healthy. More than you can say about your precious Andrew Cuomo of Gov Whitmer. DeSantis is also fighting back by refusing to have schools teach critical race theory because schools shouldn't be teaching kids to hate their country or to hate their own skin color. Having a vaccine passport is an invasion of our privacy. My health records are none of your damn business, and I shouldn't have to keep a card in pocket to have my old life back.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:23 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,678,882 times
I'd love to live in Florida where people are free, but its too hot and humid for me.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:39 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,257,327 times
I’m vacationing in FL right now (Punta Gorda)... such a breath of fresh air compared to NY State.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:51 AM

40,998 posts, read 18,377,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
Yup, this issue has reared its head again and is about to be under investigation. Good ol' DeathSentence has apparently done some major number fudging, which is why he fired Rebekah Jones in the first place. It's awesome to try to look good by hiding the truth - just ask Andrew Cuomo.

Sure you can - the pilots are isolated from the passengers. The passengers are not isolated from each other.

Yeah, I notice he refused the stimulus money coming from Biden into Florida's treasury which he will then take credit for - NOT.
DeSantis is nothing more than a macho man (cue The Village People) who loves to spout tough sounding bs every chance he gets. As such, he is ever so attractive to those missing Trump's in-your-face abrasive, press-attacking, hateful style. Not at all surprised at which people I see offering him such strong support on this forum, as their rhetoric also follows this style of communication. And before anyone tells me not to come to Florida if I don't like him - that ship has sailed.
Another investigation aka goose chase that will turn up a bust. It’s sad that so many Governors haven’t followed his path and caused so much hardship to businesses, their owners, employees, etc...but at least the big box stores could stay open

Old 03-31-2021, 10:29 AM

8,503 posts, read 4,618,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
It seems we may agree on this one. I'll stay you NEVER come... win-win.

I am more than happy to comply as long as you and others such as yourself stay out of the northeast.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:19 PM

628 posts, read 289,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
And what is that garbage you're spewing about? It was Rick Scott that wanted to return the money. DeSantis clapped back and said it didn't make sense to return it. For the love of God if you're going to come on here and babble incessantly, at least get your facts right.
Maybe you should get YOUR facts straight and actually reread my post - I never said DeSantis was going to return it, that was my whole point. Some idiot was cheering that DeSantis was 'resisting' everything Biden was doing but he sure didn't resist the money. Also, re: Andrew Cuomo please reread for com-pree-hen-shun. Again, my point was he did wrong and I believe it will come out that DeSantis did also and it isn't just my opinion. How do you know he didn't fudge the numbers? Is he a friend of yours? Have you looked at the data from the inside? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Newsflash: this is a public forum - you post what you believe (which is all crap to me) and I post what I believe (which is all crap to you). Doesn't make you right. And your friends who support DeSantis? LOL of COURSE your friends support DeSantis if they're just as Red as you are - thanks Captain Obvious.

Old 03-31-2021, 01:08 PM

15,197 posts, read 12,367,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It is. Florida is open. Don't like it? Don't come here.

But by the millions flocking to FL because other states are still in "lockdowns" I'm guessing people are perfectly OK with what's happening here. And the real estate market is through the roof right now. Pretty desirable place to be.
I just hope they don't bring the politics from the blue states they escaped from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies