Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 08:34 AM

45,215 posts, read 26,427,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
The lesson learned from this pandemic if we ever see one again is just don’t even bother predicting anything because every prediction made has been wrong.
And yet the "believe in the science" chorus persists.
shame on we skeptics

Old 03-14-2021, 08:35 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Say it isn't true. Trump was vaccinated? No way that can be the case. After all his supporters tell us here again and again and again that Covid-19 is an overblown hoax, and that THEY won't ever get the vaccine.

Oh wait... I just found this link:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...nuary-n1259196

Surely this is fake news.

Now I just found it on Fox News. Maybe they've gone rogue and are posting fake news too?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...use-in-january

It's got to be tough times for a Trump supporter these days. What to do? What to believe?

Of course he got vaccinated and of course he was rushed to the hospital when he contracted this "harmless" flu. He is willing to throw his minions under the bus for politics but he is not going to risk his life for it.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Why does this fraud still have a job?

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...emely-unusual/
People stopped listening to what this paid off fool has to say many months ago, when he started his flip-flopping.

Old 03-14-2021, 09:02 AM

62,892 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Say it isn't true. Trump was vaccinated? No way that can be the case. After all his supporters tell us here again and again and again that Covid-19 is an overblown hoax, and that THEY won't ever get the vaccine.

Oh wait... I just found this link:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...nuary-n1259196

Surely this is fake news.

Now I just found it on Fox News. Maybe they've gone rogue and are posting fake news too?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...use-in-january

It's got to be tough times for a Trump supporter these days. What to do? What to believe?
Stop lying! No one said that the virus itself was a hoax just that it was overplayed and overblown. I have no fear of dying from the flu but I still get vaccinated every year to prevent the illness itself.

It's going to be a tough time for Biden supporters instilling fear in Americans over the virus for a year now and yet Biden has opened our borders to more Covid cases and allowing them to go anywhere they want to in our country? Millions of Americans have lost their jobs due to this long shutdown to and yet Biden is importing more foreign job and resource seekers into our country? What a bunch of hypocrites you all are!

Old 03-14-2021, 09:55 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Something about the term “ novel” continues to elude some people.

More than a year in and endless variants, science continued to learn about COVID- 19.

There is no certainty of the duration of resistance any vaccine provides against COVID and all variants.

There is no certainty of the duration of immunity associated with a prior infection.

That Trump and wife were quietly vaccinated in early January, just 3 months after being infected with COVID, is meaningful.

A perfectly reasonable assertion.

Except when you remember that Fauci and "the experts" have been touting their hypotheses as fact since day one.

When really, they were just making educated guesses and making statements and issuing edicts while playing CYA.

Old 03-14-2021, 09:57 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
More chit is known than a year ago.

Does not mean science knows everything about COVID and it variants and durability of immunity/ resistance to infection.

A year ago, Trump told the public we don’t need a vaccine. It would just go away by April. This public statement contradicted what Trump disclosed to Bob Woodward in taped interviews.

There is likely no other public figure more responsible for spreading misinformation about COVID than Trump.

74 year old Trump was infected. Had he been an ordinary guy, no one would have monitored his vitals and oxygen, 24/7. He would not have been admitted to a hospital out of an abundance of caution. Trump’s condition would have been substantially more deteriorated and likely required a vent.

Ordinary guy would not have received a powerful experimental cocktail under the “ compassionate care” umbrella.

When Trump was discharged, he told people to not worry about COVID. Tens of millions listened and ignored CDC recommendation to not gather over the protracted holiday period. No surprise COVID surged and the US crossed the 500,000 fatality mark.

The Trump Admin made sure it and Congress had the opportunity to be vaccinated, regardless of age or health, before healthcare professionals and the most vulnerable populations.

In the meantime, Trump and wife were quietly vaccinated in early January, just 3 months after having been infected.

And where was Trump getting his information from?

Fauci.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:52 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,306,085 times
If the new guidance for vaccinated people means no masks are needed for vaccinated people, suddenly the anti-mask/anti-vax folks will switch their lies from "I have a medical condition and cannot wear a mask" to "I am vaccinated". Fully aware that they never had a medical condition and never had the vaccine.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:09 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Why does this fraud still have a job?

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...emely-unusual/

I guess "might" ..... "in a few months" is just too difficult a concept for some to grasp.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:28 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,834 times
Well, I do not care what Fauci says, I'm about done wearing masks. For one thing, I am an American and I will not have the government telling me what to do. That is why unlike the sheeple in the country, I dismiss highway speed limits. In fact, I took up smoking cigarettes just so I could smoke in smoking-restricted areas. So that is one reason for not wearing a mask. Another is that the other day I was wearing a cloth mask, yawned, inhaled the mask and almost chocked to death, proving what everybody secretly knows, that wearing a mask creates more risk than it solves. That is especially true since the coronavirus is a hoax anyway dreamed up by either liberals or conservatives, I forget which. But its the MSM that keeps peddling fake data supporting it along with fake photos. So we can blame the MSM. Keep in mind, that is the mainstream media, not Breitbart, NatrualNews.com or The Gateway Pundit. Those media outlets not only tell nothing but the unbiased truth, they don't even exaggerate.

I hope I hit all of the talking points.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:29 AM

472 posts, read 244,198 times
Can't wait for the day where we don't hear anything from this shill anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies