Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 06:40 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times

Advertisements

lmao.. I love seeing you guys cry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2021, 06:43 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
We’re marching ever closer to reparations.
I would prefer a sprint but as long as its moving in that direction I’m happy.

This country needs to pay what it owes.

I’m sure you have no issues with funds set aside for women to start businesses

Old 03-12-2021, 06:49 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Per the same article :https://www.motherjones.com/food/202...mers-of-color/

The trend has continued since. In 2020, the USDA’s Coronavirus Food Assistance Program delivered 97 percent of its $9.2 billion in agriculture aid to white farmers while largely giving Black farmers the shaft.

So catching up...
what percentage of farmers are black?

how strange that 'mother jones' had no interest in that particular statistic..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I would prefer a sprint but as long as its moving in that direction I’m happy.

This country needs to pay what it owes.

I’m sure you have no issues with funds set aside for women to start businesses
who does it owe, and why?

Old 03-12-2021, 06:52 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Exactly because black farmers aren't given the access to the same opportunities as white farmers.

Your anecdote supports the need to make sure black farmers are given the same resources.

I live in the south east and there are many black farmers.
The schools here try to get black students interested in ag programs, but they seem to want no part of it.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:53 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
lmao.. I love seeing you guys cry.
Will you love seeing Republicans take the Senate and the House next November? I will.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:57 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAnulty View Post
Or many white "families" anymore as big agriculture has largely taken over the industry.
Every farmer I know grew up learning it from parents and grandparents. It’s not something where you’re 30 years old and suddenly want to become a farmer.

Old 03-12-2021, 06:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
The schools here try to get black students interested in ag programs, but they seem to want no part of it.
They don't try to get white students interested in ag programs?

Old 03-12-2021, 08:05 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Could it be that most farmers are white? What's the % of black owned farms?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

I live in the south east and there are many black farmers
I call bull****.

Absolute bull.

What...there is ONE black farmer for every 99 white farmers?

There is ZERO reason to put anyone in front of any line because of their skin...EVER. Under any circumstances.

And the fact that lefties think there is ever a justified reason is further proof that your moral compasses are completely cracked, busted, and out of order.

You people are doing more damage every day that goes by, I almost think you guys are pushing for racial hostilities and want to see nothing but hate and anger boiled over in this nation.

In fact I KNOW the left wants racial hatred and hostility in America.

Old 03-12-2021, 09:27 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAnulty View Post
That's the core of the Southern Strategy that the GOP used right there - white anger and the fallacy that if minorities gain it must be at the expense of whites.

However, there is no discrimination against whites with this bill.
Allow me to quote from Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964:

"No person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."

Now, check out this article about what is in the agriculture bill.

https://www.fb.org/market-intel/what...or-agriculture

Of special note are these two paragraphs:

Quote:
While the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 does not appropriate funds directly, it’s estimated that $4 billion will be used to provide direct payments of up to 120% of a socially disadvantaged, e.g., Black, Hispanic, Native American or Asian American, farmer’s or rancher’s outstanding debt as of Jan. 1, 2021. The loans include USDA Farm Service Agency direct farm loans, USDA guaranteed loans and Commodity Credit Corporation farm storage loans, among others. The additional 20% is intended to pay off the taxes associated with the amount of the direct payment related to the outstanding debt.

In addition to the debt forgiveness, the act appropriates $1.01 billion to provide outreach, training, education, technical assistance, grants and loans, and funding to educational institutions to help improve land access for socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers and address heir’s property issues, among other issues. In total, more than $5 billion is expected to fund provisions designed to provide assistance for socially disadvantaged farmers or provide debt relief for these farmers and ranchers. [Emphasis added.]
Did you catch that? Four billion federal dollars are being given to farmers who, by process of elimination, include everyone except for white people. White people are being denied the benefits of a program receiving federal assistance, in direct contradiction of federal law. If there is any justice left in this country, the courts must strike this down.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:30 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Allow me to quote from Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964:

"No person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."

Now, check out this article about what is in the agriculture bill.

https://www.fb.org/market-intel/what...or-agriculture

Of special note are these two paragraphs:

Did you catch that? Four billion federal dollars are being given to farmers who, by process of elimination, include everyone except for white people. White people are being denied the benefits of a program receiving federal assistance, in direct contradiction of federal law. If there is any justice left in this country, the courts must strike this down.
While we still have a functioning Supreme Court (before Biden crams through the destruction of it while he can), I agree.

It needs to be struck down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies