Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 10:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It wasn't good enough for the left. They criticized him for only giving $600.

Truth be told, he could have given $2000 and you people would have lambasted him.
Trump wanted a clean $2000 bill. The House delivered. Mitch ignored it.

Most people have not been financially harmed by Covid or restrictions.

Most real estate markets boomed during the protracted pandemic. Some markets more so than others and it crosses the spectrum of price points. Record low mortgage interest rates have a lot to do with this.

I appreciate the challenge of attempting to distinguish between those harmed vs not. That’s why it’s called a stimulus.

The arbitrary income caps also don’t distinguish between a former high income earner who lost his/ her job/ business and a low income essential worker who continued to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 11:36 AM

862 posts, read 439,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
The same rules applied under Trump's handout and no Republican bat an eyelash. Stop being snowflakes.
Yes, but with the latest proposal they caught the mistake and tried to correct it making prisoners ineligible. The democrats voted against that and as such the verbiage restricting inmates from being eligible was excluded, thereby keeping them eligible.

Every taxpayer or voter should be irritated by this feature of the stimulus checks. Anyone without income qualifies, even prisoners, no matter the crime or status. All they have to do is a file a tax return. I don’t qualify because I happened to have sold a house last year temporarily increasing my income, my adult daughter doesn’t qualify being slightly over the cutoff, my friend’s employed college student daughter doesn’t qualify because she’s claimed as a dependent on her parent’s return and they don’t qualify, but the guy who robbed my deceased neighbor’s house blind and then beat his elderly mother until she suffered a stroke who is now incarcerated, well he qualifies.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:04 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Yeah..... not sure I agree with this.
way to come out strongly

Old 03-10-2021, 12:09 PM

1,301 posts, read 665,856 times
Democrats care more about illegals and felons than average working folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies