Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 09:58 AM

5,178 posts, read 4,036,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Aside from the fact that I don't condone the riots on either side...

The MAGA geniuses need to pick a story. Either it's a bunch of "patriots" rebelling or it was ANTIFA infiltrating. You can't have it both ways.

Either way both statuses can be disproven but even among themselves they don't know what to call it.
Interesting that black BLM activist John Sullivan, who claims to have been alongside the unarmed woman when she was shot dead, is now giving interviews: https://kutv.com/news/local/utahn-in...-chaotic-scene

(This has been extensively covered...not yet in NYT/CNN/Dem talking points)

Beyond that, the Capital building was closed due to the pandemic so the unarmed protestors inside the building were definitely trespassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 10:01 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,550,588 times
America became cool with forgiving rioting long before yesterday.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:02 AM

12,685 posts, read 6,777,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Absolutely, I believe most americans agree too, the problem is the extreme left and right are the loudest.
It's all on old man Biden now. We'll see how he handles it. I'm highly underwhemled with the man, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong.

Is it even possible for Biden to stand up to BLM when BLM is on rampage? I sure hope so, but will he put "but the voted for me" ahead of doing the right thing??

Old 01-08-2021, 10:03 AM

14,796 posts, read 17,797,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
America became cool with forgiving rioting long before yesterday.
Unfortunately this is correct.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:05 AM

20,503 posts, read 12,456,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
One the one hand the "intent" was absolutely clear. There was nothing peaceful or innocent about what those breaking into the seat of Congress wanted to do. They absolutely wanted to target members of Congress

On the other hand, if they got their hands on Pelosi or AOC, it would've been a lot of theatrics and hamming for the cameras. Worst case, it would've looked like the countries where they throw some politician into the dumpster, to make a point. Fine.

Let's move on, and treat it like is... Rioters voicing their displeasure at a system and outcomes they disagree with.

The trade off? Conservatives can never, ever, ever complain about the random acts of violence that happen on the margins during other popular movements.

Conservatives can never, ever, ever try to claim an entire movement is responsible for the actions of the worst actors/supporters.

Conservatives can never, ever, ever dismiss the root causes that other popular movements bring to light bc of off-message behavior from a minority of the supporters.

The trade off is obviously to Conservatives benefits bc even if you want to make the false equivalency between rioters targeting private business to "rioters" targeting the seat of govt, you know they're different. You know there's a gray area that both groups land on opposite sides of. You know it, just based on the recriminations coming from international viewers. You know it.

But you can have it. You just now and forever, never ever ever try to bring your "holier than thou" criticisms against people mobilizing for justice just bc 100% of their supporters don't act on their best behavior 100% of the time.

Otherwise, we continue down the path where we recognize Donald Trump is the architect of a coup against the US govt. Republicans are the party of autocrats who would tear down America for their pretty grievances. Their supporters should targeted for prosecution to the fullest extent of the law as insurrectionists.
as a conservative i don't want your trade.

As a conservative, i want this criminals and thugs put in prison because ALL RIOTERS need to be put in prison. EVEN when they may be some political leanings that i may agree with.

we don't stand for injustice. we don't stand for rioting. period. end of story. I do however, appreciate your consistency. (I mean that). Most of your friends on the left have all the sudden found outrage for rioting. like wow! who can believe people would do such a thing. i have no respect for that. this, while i disagree with you, i at least respect your consistent position.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:07 AM

73 posts, read 80,749 times
Default This is disgusting

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...O-Capitol.html

Old 01-08-2021, 10:08 AM

9,700 posts, read 5,139,464 times
The thing people about riots during popular movements is that they happen EVERYTIME. EVERY. TIME.

Again... EV. E. RY. TIME.

The issue isn't riots. The issue is people dismissing the root cause of the popular movement by focusing on riots. No one wants riots, but they're going to happen. And focusing on that everytime there's a popular movement is being purposely dim and counterproductive to addressing the issues at hand.

Capitol Hill riots were instigated by Trump. The root cause were already and repeatedly debunked. But the people participating were purposely misled by the actions of one man and his enablers.

Old 01-08-2021, 10:08 AM

37,955 posts, read 17,980,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
One the one hand the "intent" was absolutely clear. There was nothing peaceful or innocent about what those breaking into the seat of Congress wanted to do. They absolutely wanted to target members of Congress

On the other hand, if they got their hands on Pelosi or AOC, it would've been a lot of theatrics and hamming for the cameras. Worst case, it would've looked like the countries where they throw some politician into the dumpster, to make a point. Fine.

Let's move on, and treat it like is... Rioters voicing their displeasure at a system and outcomes they disagree with.

The trade off? Conservatives can never, ever, ever complain about the random acts of violence that happen on the margins during other popular movements.

Conservatives can never, ever, ever try to claim an entire movement is responsible for the actions of the worst actors/supporters.

Conservatives can never, ever, ever dismiss the root causes that other popular movements bring to light bc of off-message behavior from a minority of the supporters.

The trade off is obviously to Conservatives benefits bc even if you want to make the false equivalency between rioters targeting private business to "rioters" targeting the seat of govt, you know they're different. You know there's a gray area that both groups land on opposite sides of. You know it, just based on the recriminations coming from international viewers. You know it.

But you can have it. You just now and forever, never ever ever try to bring your "holier than thou" criticisms against people mobilizing for justice just bc 100% of their supporters don't act on their best behavior 100% of the time.

Otherwise, we continue down the path where we recognize Donald Trump is the architect of a coup against the US govt. Republicans are the party of autocrats who would tear down America for their pretty grievances. Their supporters should targeted for prosecution to the fullest extent of the law as insurrectionists.
Trump isn't conservative and neither are his supporters. To say so is dishonest.

That said, anyone who destroyed property needs to be punished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies