Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 12:32 PM

4,743 posts, read 3,597,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Most of the Trump supporters I know, including myself are well educated professionals and very successful. Yet you allow the Media to sell you lies. Now who is the Neanderthal? Clueless, brainwashed, brain dead regressives like you.
Of course you are. And as everybody knows, personal anecdotes are way closer to the truth than facts and statistics are.

Quote:
In the 13 swing states that turned the 2020 presidential election into a nail biter, suburban and urban counties with the highest share of college educated White people supported Biden by 4.4 more points than they did Hillary Clinton in 2016, according to a Bloomberg analysis of the latest available vote counts from the Associated Press. Those gains were especially pronounced in battleground states, including longtime Republican strongholds Arizona and Georgia, that Biden appears to have reclaimed for the Democratic Party.

By contrast, Trump made gains in rural counties with large shares of non-college-educated White people. These increases, though, were smaller than the ones he scored for the Republican Party in 2016, and the inability to swell those numbers further undercut his campaign’s chances in those states. For instance, in Michigan, a state Biden appears to have flipped, Trump only picked up an additional 2.3 points from those voters. (Back in 2016, he had scored an 11-point surge when compared to the party’s 2012 performance.) In nearby Pennsylvania, such counties actually moved slightly toward Biden.
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...ump-coalition/

But, of course, the media lies.

Nothing tells me more that somebody is uneducated than believing conspiracy theories, the only "information" that many Republicans have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 12:32 PM

735 posts, read 662,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
Fascist Nazi Communism is the operation that took place late night in the Senate to steal our election and our dignity. If you don't want to fight then elect to be slave to communist China. You don't deserve to be an American with freedom.
Alright, please provide proof that there’s some huge, bi-partisan conspiracy that’s being perpetrated by Fascist, Nazi Communists from China (never thought I’d use that chain of words to describe someone, but here we are).

Oh wait, you can’t, because you’re talking out of your ass. Also, considering you’re a treasonous enemy of the people, maybe you don’t deserve to be an American with freedom.

Old 01-07-2021, 12:37 PM

5,236 posts, read 4,731,154 times
Part of moving forward here will include some heartfelt honesty from people. I've known some very bright people who support the GOP, and by extension--The man they pinned their political hopes on. Amid the fans of both parties one can find pockets of radicalism and lack of civil restraint. I'm a long time liberal who doesn't fit the profile depicted by the lawless far right, nor am I fooled by the young and idealistic Antifa fools who smash windows thinking that is somehow a much needed response to their views of themselves as societal victims. These miscreant Americans are the enemy of democracy, not the defenders of it.

Liberals and conservatives used to be those who either advocated for more government involvement or less of it. More aligned with the cost of government as a major concern, less worried about their own pockets and more concerned with the overall health of government and country. Nowadays we see the differences between the two parties evolving into a morass of continual conflict, A sports fan-like mentality has invaded our political realm, and now we're left to attend this circus or walk away in disgust. That isn't making America great, nor is it celebrating the diversity of opinion and belief.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:04 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,670,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
They were Trump supporters - - of course reading comprehension wasn't their strength.
Educate yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsTHyJmw6gE

Old 01-07-2021, 01:18 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,670,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
Alright, please provide proof that there’s some huge, bi-partisan conspiracy that’s being perpetrated by Fascist, Nazi Communists from China (never thought I’d use that chain of words to describe someone, but here we are).

Oh wait, you can’t, because you’re talking out of your ass. Also, considering you’re a treasonous enemy of the people, maybe you don’t deserve to be an American with freedom.
I can see the face of Nazi Pelosi reflected on yours. If you are a great observer, just take a look of the brouche your beloved Nazi Pelosi wears on her jacket, a symbol of "Il Fascio" , but no problem if you dont want to see it, because you all ignorant leftist are in denial of your reality. I don't have to prove anything to you. Your typical commie verbiage resumes yourself what you are : NOTHING.

By the way, I'll put you right away in the ignore mode. The best solution to take care of zeppelins full of stinky gases

Old 01-07-2021, 04:51 PM

34,479 posts, read 18,893,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Of course you are. And as everybody knows, personal anecdotes are way closer to the truth than facts and statistics are.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...ump-coalition/

But, of course, the media lies.

Nothing tells me more that somebody is uneducated than believing conspiracy theories, the only "information" that many Republicans have.
Bloomberg like Comcast who owns NBC and MSNBC among others openly financed and supported Biden. You may want to do some research and get educated or remain ignorant.

Old 01-07-2021, 05:04 PM

47,139 posts, read 26,349,292 times
Quote:
If you are a great observer, just take a look of the brouche your beloved Nazi Pelosi wears on her jacket, a symbol of "Il Fascio"...
I'm merely an average observer, yet even I can recognize a miniature of the Mace of the United States House of Representatives - a symbol used since 1789.

Interestingly, the first one got burned the last time the Capitol building was stormed by enemies of the US, in 1814.

Here, increase your knowledge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mace_o...epresentatives

Old 01-07-2021, 05:06 PM

47,139 posts, read 26,349,292 times
Quote:
Is that Glenn Beck? There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Still coo-coo?

Old 01-07-2021, 05:07 PM

5,335 posts, read 6,142,446 times
Mental illness is undertreated in this country

Old 01-07-2021, 05:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,723,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Most of the Trump supporters I know, including myself are well educated professionals and very successful. Yet you allow the Media to sell you lies. Now who is the Neanderthal? Clueless, brainwashed, brain dead regressives like you.
Most of the Trump supporters that I know just aren't that bright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies