Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 12:26 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,802,756 times

Advertisements

I would look at the Trump playbook to see how the GOP handled Mueller's investigation. We could get an AG that will do a "pre-release" report that portrays it all as "nothing to see here" and say it doesn't matter, you can't prosecute a president while in office, etc. and release a redacted report that shows little more than "the". The GOP showed us the way and that will apply in all things where the GOP has set precedent.

We would also call it a hoax.

Last edited by Seacove; 12-15-2020 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 12:27 PM

35,867 posts, read 21,284,503 times
The law is for all- if with any reasonable doubt anyone is guilty of any crimes, they should pay. period. I get irked when rich or famous people pass with nothing but a slap on the wrist.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:29 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,439,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Hypothetical scenario for the Biden supporters.

Six months from now, after Biden has been holding the office of President for several months, information is released which indisputably proves that the election was stolen. Whatever form it takes, you're convinced.

How do you respond?
I need to know if this is before or after the aliens have landed so that I can come up with a reasonable response.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:29 PM

17,958 posts, read 13,932,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Hypothetical scenario for the Trump supporters.

Six months from now, the tooth fairy stops by and gives you an entire new set of teeth.

How do you respond?
A pig flew by and stole them.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:30 PM

3,034 posts, read 2,280,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
No need to consider that since its nothing more than a fantasy.
I don't know... it could be an interesting thought exercise. If an election is not reliable, we are in big, BIG trouble.

Just look at other countries where widespread corruption makes almost every election, every policy decision, ever single move is a hot mess because everybody thinks it's rigged. And, truth is, it might be: by the ruling party, by the other party, by external interests, by hackers with nothing better to do than mess things up. I mean, Venezuela is a great example.

I know there are laws and policies about what to do if an elected official can no longer hold their seat, but do we guidance on what to do if an entire election is rigged? What if the tinkering only applies to a swing state or two, or what if it only applies to a handful of positions while all other races seem to be valid? What if the source of the crime was foreign... how do international policies come into play?

I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one online, so I wouldn't even know where to look!

Old 12-15-2020, 12:37 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,439,788 times
You know what's a fun thought exercise?

The mass hysteria leaves the trumpers and they go back to being nice little conservatives.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:54 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,762,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post

The mass hysteria leaves the trumpers and they go back to being nice little conservatives.
Wouldn't that be nice? If the GOP went back to the core values that made me join them in 1983 instead of fringe conspiracy theories and fear mongering that they've all embraced? If they would go back to being the party of the boardroom instead of the party of the buffet line?

Won't happen, but it's nice to think about.....

Old 12-15-2020, 01:15 PM

39,955 posts, read 26,704,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
stahp it.

the longer people hold on and drag it out, the more you'll be distracted.

Let Biden do his thing.

Take that energy and go forward with it.

Scrutinize him at the same level that has been done to Trump.

Read deep into his policies. Pay attention to those more radical around him and watch the influence unfold.

Remember his gaffes. His Promises. His stances.

The best thing to happen is if he plays Moderate and doesn't get steamrolled by his more Leftist party members.

But the more you go on about Ex-President Trump, the more fuel you give to those far Lefter policies.

They will make mountains out of molehills regardless to push their agenda. Don't make it easy.
Exactly.

Have impeachment documents drawn up and ready to be voted on the day he takes office.

Have a foreign agent create a faux "dossier" detailing scandals and foreign influence, and distribute it to the media (by federal agencies of course).

Start a multi-year investigation into his dealings with foreign nations, prosecuting his long time friends and associates, until they provide "dirt".

Have a faux "impeachment hearing" to entertain the weak minded.

Investigate China and Ukrainian funding of the entire Biden family.

Just for a start.

Oh, I forgot, get out your pink pu**y hats and march in the streets over the accused rapist in the oval office.

Old 12-15-2020, 01:17 PM

39,955 posts, read 26,704,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post

I'm afraid that point has passed. After the 4 year temper tantrums, lies, insults and slander from the left, I don't think you're going to find that conservatives are just going to roll over and pander to them. Not that you'll see them put on pink hats, loot businesses or burn neighborhoods like those on the left, but I suspect some remember "Resist" quite well.

Old 12-15-2020, 01:25 PM

6,986 posts, read 3,179,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Not that you'll see them put on pink hats, loot businesses or burn neighborhoods like those on the left, but I suspect some remember "Resist" quite well.
you forgot the classic, "Not My President".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies