Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 02:41 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,127,661 times

Advertisements

Now that the ignorant memes have responded. At least most people are actually interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 02:41 PM

38,014 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
OP the labs of the world were already developing a vaccine long before Trump even publicly acknowledged that there was even a disease. He has done nothing to contribute to them accomplishing what they did but he's more than ready to take the credit
He's taking credit because he initiated the operation Warp Speed, which created the funding and incentives to produce a vaccine more quickly than anyone anticipated. If Obama had been president, you'd be praising him to the hilt. Hell, the news media is bowing before Biden now, and he sat in his bunker all year, and was talking down the vaccine.

Pfizer announced their vaccine first, then Moderna announced theirs. Pfizer's is only 90% effective and requires two shots. Moderna's is 95% effective and only takes one shot. Both companies benefited from Trump's Warp Speed program, because Trump pre-purchase millions of doses, and guaranteed contracts

Even CNN had to give praise where it was deserved. But the truly TDS afflicted never will.

“We should take a moment, as we always have when discussing vaccine and Operation Warp Speed, that this is — you know, putting aside all of the failures of the Trump administration when it comes to the coronavirus, and there are lots — this is an unmitigated success and we should acknowledge that," he said.

“The Moderna vaccine was done with funds from Operation Warp Speed and the Pfizer one has funding when it comes to the distribution and manufacture,” he continued. “And I just think it’s important that people working so hard … get credit for this and President Trump was the one who okayed it.

CNN still had to lie and disparage Trump, as if there were failures that he is responsible for. These people never cite the specifics of these so called failures, they just lead the audience to assume Trump failed, and leave the viewers to imagine whatever these imagined failures might have been.

Old 11-18-2020, 02:42 PM

13,642 posts, read 4,954,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxzbdn View Post
And there is a major agenda to getting people injected with this!!
Yes. The agenda is to have people immunized so they are immune to the virus, so that we can stop wearing masks and shutting down society.

Old 11-18-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Who or what decides which vaccine will be used?

This is the CDC working playbook:

o Healthcarepersonnel(i.e.,paidandunpaidpersonnelwor kinginhealthcaresettings,whichmay
include vaccinators, pharmacy staff, ancillary staff, school nurses, and EMS personnel)
o Otheressentialworkers(seeadditionalguidancefromthe CybersecurityandInfrastructure
Security Agency [CISA])
Note: The critical infrastructure workforce varies by jurisdiction. Each jurisdiction must decide which groups to focus on when vaccine supply is limited by determining key sectors that may be within their populations (e.g., port-related workers in coastal jurisdictions)
• People at increased risk for severe COVID-19 illness
o LTCFresidents(i.e.,residentsofnursinghomesandassis tedlivingfacilities)
o Peoplewithunderlyingmedicalconditionsthatareriskfa ctorsforsevereCOVID-19illness o People65yearsofageandolder
• People at increased risk of acquiring or transmitting COVID-19
o Peoplefromracialandethnicminoritygroups
o Peoplefromtribalcommunities
o Peoplewhoareincarcerated/detainedincorrectionalfacilities o Peopleexperiencinghomelessness/livinginshelters
o Peopleattendingcolleges/universities
o Peoplewhoworkineducationalsettings(e.g.,earlylearn ingcenters,schools,and
colleges/universities)
o Peoplelivingandworkinginothercongregatesettings
• People with limited access to routine vaccination services o Peoplelivinginruralcommunities
o Peoplewithdisabilities
o Peoplewhoareunder-oruninsured

Old 11-18-2020, 02:46 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,996,038 times
Let all the politicians and corporate executives take it first. Then a few months later the rest of will. Sound like a plan? Lead by example

Old 11-18-2020, 02:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
My current health and lifestyle don't make me feel I'm a candidate that has to be first in line. Let the folks who are at more risk to catch and to have serious symptoms...I'm okay. I'll continue to mitigate the spread....and just wait until it is readily available.

Old 11-18-2020, 02:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,661 posts, read 18,021,886 times
OP, are you suggesting that Pharma labs wouldn't have thought it up on their own to try to create a vaccine for this pandemic, and quickly, had Trump not suggested it?

Old 11-18-2020, 02:49 PM

38,014 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Awww........Your loyalty and admiration for your leader is touching.

But maybe.....while Trump was saying in March that the virus will be gone by Easter, the big pharma had smelled the money months ago, and were already working on a vaccine. See, corporations don't need the government to tell them to do what they have been doing for 171 years (Pfizer). And wisely Pfizer refused the government terms for tax payer funding, and went ahead on their own, and were the first to come up with a vaccine.
Fauci was saying that, Trump only repeated what Fauci told him. You remember Fauci, the Dr who said healthy people should not be wearing masks? Yeah, that guy.

Old 11-18-2020, 02:50 PM

923 posts, read 527,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
OP the labs of the world were already developing a vaccine long before Trump even publicly acknowledged that there was even a disease. He has done nothing to contribute to them accomplishing what they did but he's more than ready to take the credit
So may I ask where are these vaccines that labs were already developing? Is it another "work in progress"? The United States has TWO vaccines. Where are all the "labs of the world" at in development towards a vaccine?

Old 11-18-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
OP, are you suggesting that Pharma labs wouldn't have thought it up on their own to try to create a vaccine for this pandemic, and quickly, had Trump not suggested it?
I am not suggesting I am telling you and other how the pharmaceutical firms work in real life. Are you familiar with the term 'orphan drug'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies