Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 06:18 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times

Advertisements

IS for every small business across America and Canada to choose a day where they all decide to stay open and function as normal and/or normal hours. The governors, mayors, authorities can't arrest and cite everyone. Those who get cited and or shut down (temporarily) should have gofundme donated to them and/or the small businesses can help that business fight it in court. If the people speak, the government can't do anything about it. Most police aren't going to really care to even bother trying to shut every business down. The government has to learn that they depend on us, not the other way around.

Just my thoughts, lets hear yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 07:08 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Too bad we can't get real small business help from the government to help get the economy through this disaster. It's going to take decades for this country's small business infrastructure to rebuild itself after this is over.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:20 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
The problem in my state of Mass is that the Governor has shut down so many small business's and severely restricted others preventing them from earning money but their taxes and fees that the state collects have not been stopped.

There have been some bold business owners that have tried to defy the shutdown orders and they have been fined and even had their doors chained shut by the Police. Restaurants that defy orders risk losing their liquor license.

It never made sense that a Walmart could stay open while a small clothing or shoe store across the street was forced to close. It didn't make sense that a Home Depot could stay open while the local hardware store was closed.

We have lost many business's that will never reopen and now Biden is toying with an idea of severely shutting everything down for 4-6 weeks.

What a tragic mess this covid is but I don't see what good it would do to open everything up for one day in a business as usual rally because it will only put the employees and public at risk. Instead we should open up and let the People decide if they will risk going out.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:25 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,132,993 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-that-forever/

That is what they wanted. I had watched "The Healthy American" on youtube with Peggy Hall. She is pretty involved with trying to advise small businesses in CA, and some is relevant to other areas.

If we don't take back "normal" soon, it will be lost for ever. "United we stand, divided we fall."

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwC...2uJzJ0q5I11oQA

Old 11-16-2020, 07:27 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Those who get cited and or shut down (temporarily) should have gofundme donated to them and/or the small businesses can help that business fight it in court.
GoFundMe will shut them down.

Tech is supporting the tyranny. You can't count on any of these services to support any kind of resistance to it, and in some cases they've already been actively shutting it down.

Any kind of plan like this can't require the use of any 3rd parties who haven't already proven their loyalty to the cause of liberty.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:29 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Too bad we can't get real small business help from the government to help get the economy through this disaster. It's going to take decades for this country's small business infrastructure to rebuild itself after this is over.
It's not supposed to rebuild. Why would we be being put through all this effort to destroy small businesses, if they were going to be allowed to rebuild and reopen?

Welcome to the Great Reset, my friend. Change is coming.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:35 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
We can. It can get out of the way of business owners and their employees.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:36 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
Most small businesses that are gone won't be back. My daughter lost everything with the restaurant closures. She won't be reinvesting in her old business.

Why? If they can do another shutdown on a whim next year there's no point. It's too big a risk with precedents set.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:41 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Most small businesses that are gone won't be back. My daughter lost everything with the restaurant closures. She won't be reinvesting in her old business.

Why? If they can do another shutdown on a whim next year there's no point. It's too big a risk with precedents set.
I've been lucky in that I have a service business that by the grace of our overlords was deemed essential, but I cannot fathom wanting to start a business now, knowing the govt could shut it down on a whim.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:43 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
We can. It can get out of the way of business owners and their employees.
People aren't going to spend money until it's safe to do so. Ignoring the pandemic isn't a solution.

The world gets it. 52% of Americans do. Why can't the other 48% of Americans admit that Covid is actually a thing and something needs to be done about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies