Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 12:28 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,883,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-c...r-flags-tweet/

Tweeted by trump at midnight. The temper tantrum rages on. Will anyone in his inner circle tell him how ridiculous he looks?
The gnashing of teeth by leftists because someone states the truth they don't want to believe is what is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 12:29 PM

32,275 posts, read 35,117,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What will be funny is that in two years if he started sniffing around running again....it would be like Hillary 2019 all over again...a loud chorus of "No" from the party. Time will have passed, the blind loyalty will subside in some.
I have a feeling that this is unequivocally, 100% off base.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:35 PM

73,418 posts, read 63,371,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Biden is the presumptive winner, in places where votes are still being counted, i.e. California there aren't enough uncounted votes to change the election. Certification happens AFTER the winner is called in a state, not after every complaint has been lodged and investigated - go look it up if you don't believe me. And it's not about 'coronation' but rather getting ready to transfer power.

On November 9th, the day after the 2016 election Clinton called Trump to congratulate him, on November 10th Obama invited Trump to the White House to start the transition process.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/08/93263...-mere-courtesy

Trump will keep claiming he won as long as he can make money off it. i.e. begging for money to 'fight the count' and pocketing the money. After that, who knows? My guess is that he will continue having rallies but most likely will charge admission, if that fails he will try to sue someone or maybe start a new Trump University or sell locks of his hair, because he monetizes everything. How long do you think we should entertain the delusional fantasies that Trump won?

Even in 2000 when the election was under litigation behind the scenes the transition was happening. https://www.eenews.net/stories/1063717567
President Trump once said "I whine until I win". That tells me what I need to know regarding how he is behaving.

I started to miss the late 2000s, and that wasn't a great time for me. I looked up John McCain's concession speech. He showed alot of class. McCain made phone call to congratulated Obama. Upon mentioning that, the crowd started booing. McCain basically had to say, though politely, "stop it". I started wondering how we went from that to Trump tweeting delusional things about the election. I wondered about that. But then I started thinking "the crowd was booing when McCain was taking the final results with some class. Maybe the individuals who booing wanted someone as brutish and delusional as Trump". Just something I have wondered.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:42 PM

5,318 posts, read 2,141,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
Our commander in chief tweeting while high on Adderall.

From what I understand, using Adderall makes one feel invincible and authoritative.
Eh, it really depends on the person. I haven't heard this. Usually it's more like calming and focused, for many who actually need it. I know someone who can take it, then take a nap.

Old 11-16-2020, 01:21 PM
Status: "At this point I'd rather vote for the Email lady" (set 6 days ago)

6,333 posts, read 2,919,799 times
I'm surprised his handlers are letting this drag on as long as it is delusional.

Old 11-16-2020, 01:23 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,696,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I'm surprised his handlers are letting this drag on as long as it is delusional.
Like anyone has ever had a handle on him.

Old 11-16-2020, 01:25 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,903,031 times
The bottom line is the huge gap on the electoral vote unless you can prove it’s a fraud- game is over

Old 11-16-2020, 01:32 PM

6,868 posts, read 14,154,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post

I suspect this will end on 11/20/20 when many states certify the election results.

Old 11-16-2020, 01:32 PM

4,289 posts, read 2,640,756 times
Trump has shown zero interest in governing since the election. At least pretend to care. Heck, we can't even get a straight answer on masks, even now. He, Pence and others still don't wear them, yet HHS Secretary Azar appeared on TV this morning with a big sign behind him saying wear a mask.

In the end, this is just about Trump's ego and in the process, the nation is being devastated by a disease which he shows zero interest in. For those who don't like Biden, find someone to support who cares about someone other than themselves.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:28 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,742,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

The election was stolen and Trump is trying to get to the bottom of it.
But was it stolen? Just because he lost doesn't mean it was "stolen." Where is this widespread fraud? We are still waiting on evidence of that.

I would say:

The bar for accepting evidence of election fraud should be on the order of what Republicans asked for to convict Trump in the Ukraine scandal.

However, that level of proof is simply unattainable.

But we do remember when Trump claimed there was election fraud in 2016; millions of illegal votes. And his claim was false. His investigation uncovered zero cases of election fraud. Zero. And here is in 2020 claiming the same thing. And here Trumpers are again, believing whatever he says.

When there is actual evidence of widespread election fraud, get back to us. Until then, it is sour grapes. And 78M Americans are just shaking their heads at that crowd of people that have been fooled again and again and again and again and...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies