Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 06:12 AM

23,797 posts, read 24,256,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How come Texas is worst off, and you don't mention it (or any other red States)?

Partisan hackery at its best.
If Texas is worst off, then this whole thing is a nothingburger.

We're living life like nothing ever happened. A handful of people with masks when you go out, but other than that, things are pretty much normal here.

If we're the "worst off" state, then why the hell are people talking about lockdowns?

Y'all have been brainwashed. Hyperbolic term, maybe, but apt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2020, 06:19 AM

29,970 posts, read 15,027,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Why are they having such a hard time controlling the Covid spread? Why are they so much worse and getting worse than other states? Even NY is heading the wrong direction. I thought they knew best how to approach this.
I live in Michigan, I just think people started to get complacent. My wife and I have done everything the same since the beginning, distance when possible, sanitize, and mask when needed. We've been fine, as well as everyone we know, up until a week ago Tuesday. We know 5 people including my wife that tested positive.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:20 AM

1,253 posts, read 508,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't see how you arrived at the top 10 states based on a map, here are the top 10 states from that same article. I don't see how you cannot include Texas and Florida.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...es.html#states

It's really not important to point out blue and red states but it is important to focus on states that have relaxed rules and have high infection rates. This should not be a partisan issue.
I never said anything about top ten states. Where did you get that from? I am talking about how the virus spread is surging in places where the weather is getting colder and forcing people back inside. The virus spread is now surging again in places that were hit the worst last winter. I'm wondering what the plan is for this, as it won't be getting warmer for many months. Something to think about.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:21 AM

6,931 posts, read 2,415,288 times
Covid19_84 is NOTHING but a tool of subversion by the contaminated Marxist control FREAKS!!!

Old 11-12-2020, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I live in Michigan, I just think people started to get complacent. My wife and I have done everything the same since the beginning, distance when possible, sanitize, and mask when needed. We've been fine, as well as everyone we know, up until a week ago Tuesday. We know 5 people including my wife that tested positive.
Can you tell us why your state is so red & orange on the virus spread heat map? Wisconsin is solid red. What do you think has changed to cause this? How is the weather? Any other contributing factors you can think of?
Attached Thumbnails
MN, IL, WI, RI, MI, CT, MA, PA - What's wrong?-screen-shot-2020-11-12-8.22.20  

Old 11-12-2020, 06:25 AM

57,380 posts, read 26,510,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

We're living life like nothing ever happened. A handful of people with masks when you go out, but other than that, things are pretty much normal here.

If we're the "worst off" state, then why the hell are people talking about lockdowns?

Y'all have been brainwashed. Hyperbolic term, maybe, but apt.

Keep up the good work.

Quote:
The number of coronavirus patients in Texas hospitals has nearly doubled since October, and average infections are at their highest point in almost three months — leaving health officials bracing for a potential crush of hospitalizations going into the holidays.

In El Paso, hospitals are so overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients that in early November the Department of Defense sent medical teams to help, and the county has summoned 10 mobile morgues to hold dead bodies. Local funeral homes are readying extra refrigerated storage space, as the number of hospitalized coronavirus patients in the far West Texas city has shot up nearly tenfold since the start of September.

The new wave of infections stands in contrast to the summer surge, when Gov. Greg Abbott held regular press conferences about the virus and mandated that face coverings be worn, earning him the ire of the far-right. Now, state officials seem reluctant to crack down on the virus’ spread by further curtailing economic activity — and are fighting the El Paso county judge’s attempt to impose a curfew and a stay-at-home order in the face of record-breaking cases.
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/11...funeral-homes/

Old 11-12-2020, 06:39 AM

29,970 posts, read 15,027,668 times
Quote:
Can you tell us why your state is so red & orange on the virus spread heat map? Wisconsin is solid red. What do you think has changed to cause this? How is the weather? Any other contributing factors you can think of?
Not sure about the map you are showing , but looking at this daily updated map. It seems like the college towns, manufacturing and business hubs are the hot spots, then the surrounding areas. Most likely because people , like my wife, contracted at work then commute home. Then shop in their local areas. And the weather has been awesome. We just came off of a week plus of 70 degree weather.
Attached Thumbnails
MN, IL, WI, RI, MI, CT, MA, PA - What's wrong?-cases.jpg  

Old 11-12-2020, 07:51 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,989,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

We're living life like nothing ever happened.
20 000 Texans are dead because of it, but of course its nothing to you. You're still alive, so what do you care? You live your life and infect others like there was nothing going on, while hospitals are storing bodies in mobile morgues because there is no room for them.

In contrast, 3 000 Texans died in Vietnam over a period of 10 years.

This attitude will kill scores more Americans before the vaccine comes in

Carry on corporal.

Quote:
I am talking about how the virus spread is surging in places where the weather is getting colder and forcing people back inside.
Actually you were wondering why the States you listed can't control the virus. You shifted the blame on the States, and later moved the goal posts.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-12-2020 at 08:42 AM..

Old 11-12-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not sure about the map you are showing , but looking at this daily updated map. It seems like the college towns, manufacturing and business hubs are the hot spots, then the surrounding areas. Most likely because people , like my wife, contracted at work then commute home. Then shop in their local areas. And the weather has been awesome. We just came off of a week plus of 70 degree weather.
I am using the one supplied by The New York Times. I like the heat map style, as it quickly shows where the virus is increasing it's spread.

Covid Hotspot Heat Map

Old 11-12-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually you were wondering why the States you listed can't control the virus.
Actually, it's more than just that. I am starting with why are they having such a hard time now, which I attribute much of it due to more people spending more time inside as the weather gets colder, but my main concern is what are their plans going forward now that the virus is absolutely raging out of control and the cold weather will be here for many months causing increased chances of spread with people being stuck inside. A report came out the other stating 66% of New York's hospitalizations were people who were already locked down. Where do we go from there this time around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies