Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 06:13 AM

4,254 posts, read 2,480,060 times

Advertisements

America has been declining for many decades, but only recently has the rot started to become really apparent. America at this point is merely a Banana Republic masquerading as a superpower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 06:17 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,528,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
America has been declining for many decades, but only recently has the rot started to become really apparent. America at this point is merely a Banana Republic masquerading as a superpower.
The downhill started about 55 years ago, under Johnson.

Old 11-10-2020, 06:20 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
This might be the first time in my life that I ever can say I agree with Iran's leadershp.
Are pigs going to fly next?
Our election process is an embarassment.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-e...-clear-decline
Yes, Trump's butthurt whining is making US democracy the joke of the world.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-10-2020 at 06:34 AM..

Old 11-10-2020, 06:23 AM

14,488 posts, read 11,310,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Too bad we can't replace Lebanon with America in that statement, at least not truthfully.
It was the Left that has caused all this upheaval, not Trump. They were protesting and rioting on Inauguration Day, before Trump had done a thing.

Old 11-10-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
This might be the first time in my life that I ever can say I agree with Iran's leadershp.
Are pigs going to fly next?
Our election process is an embarassment.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-e...-clear-decline
It's actually not an embarrassment. In most other nations on this planet, we would already be in the middle of a civil war. The world knows that this will eventually end in a peaceful transfer of power. They have confidence in us even if you don't.

Btw, if and when Biden is sworn in, the political right in this country will go back to their lives, they will not throw a tantrum like the left has been doing over the last four years.

Old 11-10-2020, 06:31 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
No doubt. For starters, Trump stopped the foreign aid to the Palestinians, which the Hamas terrorists took to fund terrorism. (Biden and Harris said they want to restore the aid.) And more broadly, the sanctions on Iran dried up money that they could use for terrorism. (Biden will no doubt lift the sanctions there, too.)
Trumps withdrawal from our agreement was a mistake, didn't he claim that increased sanctions would bring Iran to it's knees. But now he is complaining about their ability to develop nuclear ability, wasn't that the purpose of the agreement.

I do believe we will go back into the agreement but it's a real mess at this point.

Old 11-10-2020, 07:37 AM

6,201 posts, read 3,410,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Ayatollah was criticizing our election system in the article seems like he and the GOP have common ground.
It would be too obvious if he thanked Allah for Biden’s win, don’t you think?

Old 11-10-2020, 07:42 AM

7,743 posts, read 5,540,791 times
Trump's weak foreign policy has inspired Iran to rebuild all their nuclear facilities.

Satellite imagery captures construction underway at Iranian nuclear site

Old 11-10-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Trump's weak foreign policy has inspired Iran to rebuild all their nuclear facilities.

Satellite imagery captures construction underway at Iranian nuclear site
Biden has "been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades."

-Robert Gates, Obama Administration Defense Secretary-

Old 11-10-2020, 06:12 PM

30,503 posts, read 21,388,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
You are either uniformed or you are lying. The Democrats want the Iran deal back in force if for no other reason than to save face and stick it to Trump. It was one of their signature foreign policy “wins”.

It’s why Netanyahu has been sucking up to Biden right now. Quid pro quo: we will legitimize your election by congratulating you and we want you to keep the sanctions going.

Netanyahu is foolish if he truly believes Biden won’t return to the old policy, but you can’t blame him for trying, I guess.
The dems did everything they could to help Iran get the cash for nukes duke. If it were up to me and i ruled the world i would have nuked or gassed all of the ME area 50+ years ago bros. Gas would be the better choice and take all the oil. We have been sticking our nose over there for 50+ years and got nothing out of it but killed many of our peeps and spent trillions for nothing. Bush 1 and his failed war in 1991 and then again with Bush 2 and his 2 failed wars should tell us to stay the heck out of that area of the world.

If them peeps wanna kill each other brothers then let em have at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies