Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 07:50 PM

68,424 posts, read 54,824,389 times

Advertisements

Would it be fair to say that a major portion of Biden Supporters Don’t Work and are nothing more than welfare dead beats

'Fair' is O-P-I-N-I-O-N but it would be a LIE to say "a major portion of Biden Supporters Don’t Work and are nothing more than welfare dead beats" as if that's somehow factual.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:54 PM

39,971 posts, read 26,774,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Would it be fair to say that a major portion of Biden Supporters Don’t Work and are nothing more than welfare dead beats

'Fair' is O-P-I-N-I-O-N but it would be a LIE to say "a major portion of Biden Supporters Don’t Work and are nothing more than welfare dead beats" as if that's somehow factual.
Is there evidence that that is NOT a factual statement? Of course, it comes down to what is a "major portion". 10%? 25%? Half?

Old 11-09-2020, 07:55 PM

2,772 posts, read 914,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah. I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment. Add to that the heroin addiction.
As well as recent public education high school and college graduates. There are major sections of important modern history young people were never taught. Many of them think history was written by Howard Zinn.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:56 PM

579 posts, read 528,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
the average Trump supporter lacks any education beyond High School and feels left behind. i know that's not true, because most are the entire behind.
I can't rep you at the moment but I have to tell you that I am totally stealing that line.

LOL

Old 11-09-2020, 08:03 PM

37,626 posts, read 19,558,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
If that’s the case is it a lost cause trying to win this group over to our side. basically in their minds theyre living the good life without the worry of earning a pay check. How could we possible convince them that self reliance is the only way to prosperity.
Damn. We're busted.

All 75 million of us are sitting on our porches with our hounds, cleaning our squirrel guns, and watching for the postman to bring our welfare checks. You got us this time.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:11 PM

1,969 posts, read 551,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Democrats have a significantly greater rate of higher education than republicans. What data are you basing your assumption on that Biden's supporters are all on welfare?

I personally work in investment management, and more than likely am in the higher end of the income range of people on this forum. Most people I work with are Biden supporters, for whatever that's worth.
not much, since you asked

Old 11-09-2020, 08:16 PM

15,908 posts, read 21,607,624 times
I've never been on welfare, had a full merit scholarship that allowed me to graduate from college debt free and used tuition remission to complete a master's degree while working full time. My MBA, also paid for by work, is on pause now because I work an average of 60 hours a week. I worked full time during stage IV cancer treatment.

And you'd never catch me voting for the current GOP.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:21 PM

38,783 posts, read 26,592,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Prove that those on welfare even vote. If those on welfare voted democrat kentucky would be blue.....
Only if 51% of Kentucky voters are on welfare, government employees or other forms of non-worker.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:27 PM

8,733 posts, read 10,278,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Would it be fair to say ...

Would it be fair to say that people who think like this are warped degenerates?

Asking for a friend ...
Living the good life without the worry of earning a pay check? Yes, I agree it is fair to say that people who think like that are warped degenerates.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:45 PM

16,249 posts, read 11,029,396 times
He asks: Would it be fair to say that a major portion of Biden Supporters Don’t Work and are nothing more than welfare dead beats?

Nope, not any more than saying that a major portion of Trump supporters are illiterate trailer trash white supremacists and rabid Nazi sympathizers.

Rhetoric is not reality.

Now, looking at those places where Trump has the strongest support, you will find many who do not work and live off of other taxpayers or are otherwise sucking off the public teat. Public welfare takes many forms including a variety of subsidies for agriculture and various industries, not just those who are unemployed or unemployable or disabled. The economy is struggling due to the pandemic and huge numbers are not working. I would not refer to them as dead beats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies