Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 06:49 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,423,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I believe the long-term strategy is to prevent Biden-voting states with R legislatures from meeting their deadlines for verified counts, thus throwing the selection of electors to those R legislatures, which are not bound to honor the popular vote in that state.

I think it's a Hail Mary, but I believe it is legally possible.

That is a insane argument......thats...well theoretically possible. But i got to tell you, if you did this I'd get life insurances on everyone involved. People Would lose their minds for reals. And I'd be looking to leave cause nothing good was going to happen. Like in the old westerns where the bad guys show up, and the sheriff shows up, and you just KNOW whats gonna happen next. I dont think even Republicans would be willing to throw away the country to try and steal the election that way. Yeah it would be legal technically. But we all know legal and right arent the same things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 06:49 PM

31,341 posts, read 14,346,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
It’s not that close. Biden would basically need to lose 3 states. None of the states are close enough to change in recounts.
You're getting nervous.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:56 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,036,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You're getting nervous.
Not in the slightest. Isn’t my first election. Only thing out of the ordinary for this one is the hissyfits.

Need some more tissues yet?

Old 11-09-2020, 08:07 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,598,528 times
Quote:
You're getting nervous.
This is like the end of a basketball game and the team that’s down by 30 keeps fouling. We all know where it’s going and it’s just painful to watch.

Old 11-10-2020, 08:09 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,598,528 times
Team is now down 40 and continues fouling. This is the most boring basketball game ever.

Old 11-10-2020, 08:24 AM

47,022 posts, read 26,109,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...alflow-organic

Which begs the question, why are they doing this?
They're out to undermine confidence in the process. It's a coup - the voters didn't deliver, they're trying to move the decision somewhere else.

Counting ballots is for the weak anyway - the strong seize power. And there's a huge percentage of Trump's voters who are fueled by their worship of strength and contempt for the weak. They don't care about governance - it's about showing who's boss.

Old 11-10-2020, 08:27 AM

47,022 posts, read 26,109,380 times
Quote:
You're getting nervous.
I am. You and yours are seeking power at any cost and you manifestly don't care about what you destroy in the process. The Beerhall Putsch was a joke, but it laid a foundation.

Old 11-10-2020, 08:28 AM

15,949 posts, read 12,330,359 times
It's because some people have a genuine concern about fraud and wish to make sure all the votes are counted fairly. These "glitches" if more of them are found and verified, could be potential game changers.

Old 11-10-2020, 08:28 AM

1,253 posts, read 504,988 times
Of course they will not find enough votes to change the outcome. There is absolutely no way 7 states got together to change the outcome. Harris/Biden will be the next POTUS and thankfully Democrat Senator Manchin has already come out and stated he will kill the liberal agenda even if Democrats win both those GA Senate seats. The Harris/Biden agenda is dead on arrival. With that said, it will be good to find out where the issues are in our voting system so they can be corrected going forward AND it will be good to prove to everyone that Trump did indeed lose the election so Trump supporters can move on and have faith in the process in future elections.

Old 11-10-2020, 08:33 AM

1,253 posts, read 504,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
No it's not that. I think even Trump knows that's a total non-starter.

It's just to muddy the waters enough that Trump can try to shift the blame for his loss to anyone but himself with his base. That gives him a better launching point for his media grievance tour he'll surely be launching once he's out of office.
Maybe this and to also keep the donations coming in to pay off his campaign debt. If he were to concede then the funding would dry up and he would be on the hook for the balance owed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies