Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 07:16 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,234,764 times

Advertisements

I bet Jill is going to be a first lady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2020, 07:17 PM

838 posts, read 556,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I will admit, I did breathe a bit of a sigh of relief that he was able to forcefully and energetically deliver this speech. I was a tiny bit worried that he would seem weak. Or a little confused.
Yes, me too. I have no doubt we'll see moments of what seems like low energy but I think that is just his personality, especially when you compare him to someone like Obama who had so much charisma.

I'm sure there will be people who will nitpick when he misspeaks but I can live with that. Regardless of age, we've all forgotten what we were going to say at one time or another. LOL

Old 11-07-2020, 08:02 PM

21,179 posts, read 19,786,513 times
Did Joe plagiarize that speech? I swear I’ve heard it before. The EXACT same phrases.

Old 11-07-2020, 08:04 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,897,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Did Joe plagiarize that speech? I swear I’ve heard it before. The EXACT same phrases.
Most have been part of his stump speech throughout the campaign. Just in a different tense.

Old 11-07-2020, 08:06 PM

154 posts, read 361,931 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8HKDlAM9x8

Old 11-07-2020, 08:14 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,192,191 times
Such a great speech. So sincere. It has been too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner23x View Post
Omg is that a tassa band? My heart...

Old 11-07-2020, 08:16 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,998,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post

He said the "I dont see Blue and red states, I see the United States" or whatever last night

Old 11-07-2020, 08:21 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,896,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
For those who wondered where were the cheering crowds - they're there.
How does one cheer for a village idiot with a hair fetish and likes to grope women? I mean seriously? Yeah I get that Trump totally sucks too, but we got the Village idiot for a replacement. That sleazy Uncle that no sane person invites to holiday get togethers. You are cheering for that guy? WE should all be depressed. We should all be feeling sad that we elected such a slime ball.

WE could have had better and should have. That is my point. I don't celebrate that I got stage 4 Brain cancer instead of stage 4 Throat cancer. I mourn that I have a cancer of any kind, especially since I dint have to get a cancer of any kind or that I could have been spared one of them.

How do people celebrate this shame?

Old 11-07-2020, 09:08 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,087,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAmVA View Post
Yes, me too. I have no doubt we'll see moments of what seems like low energy but I think that is just his personality, especially when you compare him to someone like Obama who had so much charisma.

I'm sure there will be people who will nitpick when he misspeaks but I can live with that. Regardless of age, we've all forgotten what we were going to say at one time or another. LOL
I enjoyed both Kamala's and Joe's speeches.

A few weeks ago I learned something very interesting about Joe Biden's manner of talking when I had commented on the board about him sometimes seeming to mumble under his breath or stumble over a word or two. He isn't forgetting what he wants to say. He's forcing his mouth to keep up with his mind. He has a speech defect, not a memory defect.

Have you ever heard of the historical drama movie titled "The King's Speech", with regard to King George VII (Queen Elizabeth's dad) who was born with the speech defect known as stammering or stuttering? If you've seen the movie then you will understand this.

It was pointed out to me by someone who knows Biden's history that Biden has a stammer / stutter, the same kind of speech defect that King George had, and that he has been battling against this all of his life. It raised my estimation of him even more to learn this because I know that for someone with a stammer, going under the public eye and making public speeches in front of crowds is a most difficult and stressful barrier to overcome. Stammering over words, or rapid stuttering of words out loud happens most often when the person is speaking under pressure.

One of my kids, in his 50's now, has a speech disability that he's had to work at overcoming all of his life. I have a lot of admiration for anybody like Biden who will still put his self under public scrutiny and take up public life in spite of having a speech defect that other ignorant and mean-spirited people will make fun of and accuse the person of being mentally disabled or memory impaired when nothing could be further from the real truth.

That incident with Trump making fun of the reporter with a speech disability at a press interview disgusted me. Trump wasn't just aiming his insults at that disabled journalist, it was his unsubtle way of take a jab at Biden too because of Biden's stammer.

Congratulations to Biden since he is the one who will be getting the last word over Trump and his ilk.

Old 11-07-2020, 10:47 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,456,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I enjoyed both Kamala's and Joe's speeches.

A few weeks ago I learned something very interesting about Joe Biden's manner of talking when I had commented on the board about him sometimes seeming to mumble under his breath or stumble over a word or two. He isn't forgetting what he wants to say. He's forcing his mouth to keep up with his mind. He has a speech defect, not a memory defect.

Have you ever heard of the historical drama movie titled "The King's Speech", with regard to King George VII (Queen Elizabeth's dad) who was born with the speech defect known as stammering or stuttering? If you've seen the movie then you will understand this.

It was pointed out to me by someone who knows Biden's history that Biden has a stammer / stutter, the same kind of speech defect that King George had, and that he has been battling against this all of his life. It raised my estimation of him even more to learn this because I know that for someone with a stammer, going under the public eye and making public speeches in front of crowds is a most difficult and stressful barrier to overcome. Stammering over words, or rapid stuttering of words out loud happens most often when the person is speaking under pressure.

One of my kids, in his 50's now, has a speech disability that he's had to work at overcoming all of his life. I have a lot of admiration for anybody like Biden who will still put his self under public scrutiny and take up public life in spite of having a speech defect that other ignorant and mean-spirited people will make fun of and accuse the person of being mentally disabled or memory impaired when nothing could be further from the real truth.

That incident with Trump making fun of the reporter with a speech disability at a press interview disgusted me. Trump wasn't just aiming his insults at that disabled journalist, it was his unsubtle way of take a jab at Biden too because of Biden's stammer.

Congratulations to Biden since he is the one who will be getting the last word over Trump and his ilk.

Wow.........you are delusional.

The reporter that Trump mocked did not have a speech disability. He had a physical disabiltiy regarding his hands.

Nonetheless, Trump was not mocking his physical disability with his hands. He was mocking his inability to speak clearly which was unrelated to a disability.

Your interpretation of this event is simply astoundingly ignorant or else you are profoundly brainwashed by leftist media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies