Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2020, 10:35 PM

4,232 posts, read 2,455,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I come to you promising- not more pleasure and ease, not more of something for nothing, but rather- more hardship and more sacrifice.

Our nation is totally bankrupt. We cannot possibly afford Medicare/Medicaid, Social Security and our current military, so these things must be phased out and eventually abolished. Government spending in general will have to be cut by at least 90% if we are to remain solvent as a nation.

Covid is paralyzing major parts of the global economy and is proving to be very costly, but the fundamental problem is that we are hooked on "growth." Growth depends on an infinite supply of energy and resources, which we do not have because we live in a finite realm. We are going to have to do everything on a much smaller and more modest scale than we currently do. This will involve making many sacrifices- the 'American Way of Life' as we currently know it will be no more. However, a colossal economic contraction is upon us, and no force alive will prevent that from happening. The longer we kick the can down the road, the more catastrophic and painful the long-term consequences will end up being.

We can no longer print further trillions of dollars or even tens of trillion, because as we print these dollars, we get an ever bigger problem. The more common and abundant something is, the less it is worth, so the value of the dollar must fall precipitously and we will need to print and borrow even more. That will create a vicious circle with a lower dollar, bigger deficits and bigger debts plus crippling price increases.

So these are the facts. I am obviously very sorry to have to be the one to present these to you but I am certain that there can be no other outcome.

I sincerely hope that you will elect me on this platform. After all, I am the only presidential candidate in history who has leveled with the people and told them the harsh truth.

And please don’t believe the empty promises of the other candidate. A liar doesn’t deserve to be president.

Finally, I promise to do my best to manage the coming disorderly collapse of the USA to the best of my ability.
Both Trump and Biden are woefully unprepared for what's ahead. If you think Covid-19, the protests/riots, and the election drama are bad, they're like Disneyland compared to what's coming our way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies