Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 06:07 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,336,872 times

Advertisements

In the movies, we tend to unite to fight against invaders from outer space sent here to enslave us...maybe that will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 06:08 PM

838 posts, read 563,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Exactly - this is where we are at. Someone who doesn't even know me, who I've never interacted with, tells me to shut up. I guess there really is no hope.
They were being fascious. Hence the .

34,289 posts, read 19,537,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Your OP reeks of leftism. You people have been burning, rioting, and looting for the last 7 months, and it is conservatives that are tearing our country apart? You deserve everything coming your way, including an incompetent Biden/Harris presidency.

Your tagline alone says where the problem is.
Quote:
If the left hates it, you know it's good and right

36,194 posts, read 18,584,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Your OP reeks of leftism. You people have been burning, rioting, and looting for the last 7 months, and it is conservatives that are tearing our country apart? You deserve everything coming your way, including an incompetent Biden/Harris presidency.
Those aren't democrats. Those are anarchists, who are apolitical.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:09 PM

21,380 posts, read 8,074,796 times
Quote:
Is there any chance we will ever be able to get along as Americans again?

We have the President's son calling for "Total" civil war. We have the President himself undermining democracy and in the process destroying the republican party. We have Trumps red hat army already sending people armed with assault rifles to intimidate election workers in Phoenix.

We have covid with two distinct sides. One is people who wish to not get sick and the other seems to not care - and is willing to kill their friends, family and neighbors by not taking even the most minimum precautions. How is that any different than sticking a gun in your face?

Nobody trusts anyone, especially the left/liberals and right/conservatives don't trust and seem ready to engage in armed conflict. The line at Big 5 in my town stretched out the door today with people buying ammunition.

We have these seemingly irreconcilable differences. We cannot talk, there is no common ground, the hate is as great as I've seen in any country wracked by civil war (and I've been in 3).

Do we let our republic fall because of a despot and ignorance?

How do we fix this?

Ignore the MSM.

Turn off the tv.

Stop watching the news reports of MSM.

In other words ... put your money where your mouth. YOU get along with people you meet instead of watching the news telling you how bad this person is or how bad that person. Start there. Can YOU do that???

Old 11-05-2020, 06:10 PM

11,275 posts, read 10,842,864 times
Quote:
Is there any chance we will ever be able to get along as Americans again?

We have the President's son calling for "Total" civil war. We have the President himself undermining democracy and in the process destroying the republican party. We have Trumps red hat army already sending people armed with assault rifles to intimidate election workers in Phoenix.

We have covid with two distinct sides. One is people who wish to not get sick and the other seems to not care - and is willing to kill their friends, family and neighbors by not taking even the most minimum precautions. How is that any different than sticking a gun in your face?

Nobody trusts anyone, especially the left/liberals and right/conservatives don't trust and seem ready to engage in armed conflict. The line at Big 5 in my town stretched out the door today with people buying ammunition.

We have these seemingly irreconcilable differences. We cannot talk, there is no common ground, the hate is as great as I've seen in any country wracked by civil war (and I've been in 3).

Do we let our republic fall because of a despot and ignorance?

How do we fix this?
For a start, you can acknowledge that the Democrats have been just as bad and in some ways worse than the Republicans. You don’t fix problems by only addressing half of the cause.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:11 PM

21,380 posts, read 8,074,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Anarchists don't care about burning courthouses or injuring police. Democrats do.

16,234 posts, read 5,951,863 times
Quote:
I think the only way to fix this, is for the Republican party, after all the votes are counted, to come out and ask for peace and unity in the country.

I don't know what to do about people who believe what Trump is spewing, except to have his own party come out - in the days to come - and ask for calm.

A showing of, for example, every Republican Senator and Congressman coming to a stage and saying they agree with the results of the election, and are looking forward to moving on to realize their ideals in the legislative branch and Supreme Court.
Yeah just the republicans. Sure. Because Pelosi and the dems have done no wrong.

Yes everyone should accept the election results, No I will never accept all the sudden coincidences in the final hours. I do believe in trends and do believe in people cheating. Zealots are like that and there are a lot of hardliner zealots on both sides.

Our nation got screwed and we are stuck with yet another scum bag. All the good choices out there and we got stuck with a choice between Trump and Biden.

Speaking for myself, after this election I will never trust the process again.

I am so sad for my country.

11,667 posts, read 11,307,008 times
Quote:

Funny how now that a Biden victory is imminent, Portland's leftist politicians are now calling in the national guard to restore order. When a Trump victory was looking like a strong possibility, those were "peaceful protestors".

Old 11-05-2020, 06:12 PM

25,094 posts, read 9,835,903 times
Yes sure, ask the looters and arsonists if they want to get along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies