Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 05:17 PM

17,422 posts, read 12,383,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Normal for democratic voters only? There were very few that didn't vote down ticket on the Republican side but 10's of thousands that failed to do so on the Democrat side. Read the article. Why the disparity? You would think there would be a similar amount on both sides. Why did 60,000 + democrat voter fail to vote for a Senator?
You confuse "democrat" voters for anti-Trump voters. I want Trump out, but I didn't want Democrats to control everything either. My local county voted for 54% for Biden. But it also re-elected the Republican Congressional rep. However, that Congressional election also had a bunch of undervotes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 05:21 PM

8,133 posts, read 12,880,923 times
I voted third party so it isn't my fight but dang it the signs of fraud are everywhere in this election. Am I supposed to believe this old guy with early onset dementia and 47 years of destroying our country pulled off what Hillary couldn't four years ago? Did this idiot inspire the greatest voter turn out in History? How did that happen?

I don't care much for Trump but this is just blatant fraud the way I see it.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
You confuse "democrat" voters for anti-Trump voters. I want Trump out, but I didn't want Democrats to control everything either. My local county voted for 54% for Biden. But it also re-elected the Republican Congressional rep. However, that Congressional election also had a bunch of undervotes.
Fine for your county. How do you explain people NOT voting in the Senate race in battleground states? I understand you didn't want Trump and I can respect that. Why did so many people fail to cast a vote for the Senate candidate in these battleground states? It is very convenient that the numbers that failed to do so pushed Biden pass Trump in the polls. Not enough time maybe?

Old 11-05-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Did this idiot inspire the greatest voter turn out in History? How did that happen?
Yes, that "idiot" Trump did inspire the greatest turnout in voter history against himself more so than anything Biden did.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Fine for your county. How do you explain people NOT voting in the Senate race in battleground states? I understand you didn't want Trump and I can respect that. Why did so many people fail to cast a vote for the Senate candidate in these battleground states? It is very convenient that the numbers that failed to do so pushed Biden pass Trump in the polls. Not enough time maybe?
Lots of people fail to vote for anything but president. Why? They just don't care. Maybe they want a monarch or don't realize those down ballot local issues and reps affect them more or don't want to commit to researching who to vote for.

Basically the same question as why is voter turnout so **** poor in non-presidential elections. Can't say, but that most certainly is true.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Lots of people fail to vote for anything but president. Why? They just don't care. Maybe they want a monarch or don't realize those down ballot local issues and reps affect them more or don't want to commit to researching who to vote for.

Basically the same question as why is voter turnout so **** poor in non-presidential elections. Can't say, but that most certainly is true.
Why is this behavior not evident in other non "battleground" States? Shouldn't it be consistent across all states?

Old 11-05-2020, 05:49 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,911,213 times
Quote:
There's nothing new about undervoting. A lot of people just don't care to vote for anything but president. Hence the higher vote turnout in presidential elections and dismal turnout in special elections, ironically for local matters that usually have more impact on their lives than the president.
https://www.google.com/search?q=undervotes+history
Ok I can go along with that to a point. I don't like coincidences and dont believe in them unless they are manufactured. I can believe that some people behave as you suggest, especially when it comes to things like state legislature or county Treasurer or solicitor, etc. Not federal Senators or congress critters. I also question how districts who were solidly 1 way suddenly do a flip in the wee hours.

Yep those places need a recount with a lot of supervision.

Old 11-05-2020, 05:51 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,911,213 times
Quote:
Why is this behavior not evident in other non "battleground" States? Shouldn't it be consistent across all states?
Exactly. In analytical troubleshooting we call that a simple test.Seems odd that it so blatant but only in the battleground states.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 11-05-2020 at 06:04 PM..

Old 11-05-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Have you compared undervotes across all states? Did the article cherry pick two comparisons?

Last edited by notnamed; 11-05-2020 at 06:35 PM..

Old 11-05-2020, 06:16 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,446,403 times
Trumps votes came for him. Not for the party as much. Which means that while a Republican might love his Republican Senator, Trumps actions made them vote elsewhere. My sister voted for ALL Republicans im sure, except she left the president vote blank. She couldnt vote for Trump.....but she couldnt vote Biden either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies