Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 01:10 PM

28,336 posts, read 16,487,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Just like Russians hacking the voting machines.

Or Diebold....Diebold....Diebold....which we heard about for 8 years when suddenly the machines started working correctly and Obama won in a landslide.

Neither party has any high ground to hold when complaining about the other guys making up wild cheating conspiracies.

To the Republicans....to quote the republicans of 2016...."if you want to blame anyone blame your choice of an awful candidate".
Yes, yes and yes.

Plus so many other things "You didn't build that", "I can see Russia from my house", "Very fine people on both sides" and on and on. Proving Mark Twain was right all along.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 01:17 PM

15,380 posts, read 12,720,599 times
Most times when there is a recount they find more votes for the person who is ahead.

Amazing how the only way people think Trump can lose is by fraud. You guys do realize that it’s possible for the other guy to win. It’s like Donny doesn’t know how to take an L.

Old 11-04-2020, 01:17 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times
Quote:
If a recount is legally in the rules then by all means.

With that said, have a little dignity Hillary. Go re-read the threads from 4 years ago and watch the Democrats screaming that they were cheated
Hillary did not ask for re-counts 2016, even thought Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin were won by a very thin margin. It was the Green Party who wanted re-counts.

Isn't it premature to demand re-counts, when they haven't finished the initial counts, and both candidates are still in it? Trump can still win (GA and PA are pretty much in the bag), so why is he crying?

Quote:
BLM has been provided both funding and political protection in 2020 as they were deemed politically useful. With Biden in the White House, that funding and lighter treatment by prosecutors and the police standing down is going to go way along with celebrity support and media coverage.

It's all fun in games with they can blame it all on Trump. When he's gone, BLM dies.
You still think they are taking orders from the outside? BLM is not gone, they will be back if there is another Floyd-like incident, and it won't matter who is in the WH. Besides, they didn't blame Floyd, etc on Trump in the first place. They have their own agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I think it will evolve into a more benign version.
Like Ferguson? Sure looked like the same version.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-04-2020 at 01:25 PM..

Old 11-04-2020, 01:50 PM

4,703 posts, read 3,911,100 times
I voted for Biden and live in Wisconsin. I’m fine with a recount as long as the locals don’t have to pay for it. Let the truth be known. Good luck coming up with that 20,600 difference in votes though or whatever the number is now, as Scott Walker said.

Old 11-04-2020, 01:51 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,464,841 times
A recount is perfectly fine if justified by and conducted according to state law, with independent monitors from both parties present of course.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:46 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,575,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I voted for Biden and live in Wisconsin. I’m fine with a recount as long as the locals don’t have to pay for it. Let the truth be known. Good luck coming up with that 20,600 difference in votes though or whatever the number is now, as Scott Walker said.
The only way that such a difference can be made up through a recount is if there was massive, intentional fraud committed during the election and then discovered during the recount. This is exactly what is suspected to have happened.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:51 PM

5,982 posts, read 2,941,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
In Wisconsin, if the margin of difference is less than 0.25% (which it is not in this election) the state pays for it. In this case, the losing candidate can call for a recount, and it will be conducted, but that candidate must pay for it. Basically - they can do a recount, but Trump has to foot the bill.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:51 PM

7,272 posts, read 5,327,529 times
This is so pathetic. Trump is such a dick. I guess everything was fine with the states he won, but something must be wrong with the states he loses. And the "I was leading and now I'm not" shows how stupid he is, as if he doesn't get that it changes when counties are tallied and potentially the blue counties got counted last. But hell, let him be his divisive self that no Trump supporter will admit he is.

Old 11-04-2020, 02:55 PM

10,147 posts, read 6,551,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He wants to stop counts everywhere he is ahead and continue counting everywhere he's behind. Lol
Funny how that works, isn't it?

Old 11-04-2020, 03:01 PM

7,710 posts, read 5,599,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
This one, methinks.....

https://twitter.com/MattMackowiak/st...41161321992192

Oopsie daisies...
I’m confused. I clicked your link and found this message:

“This tweet was taken and share honestly. I have now learned the MI update referenced was a typo in one county.

I have deleted the original tweet.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies