Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 04:38 PM

4,667 posts, read 1,960,100 times

Advertisements

Khan should be praising Trump at this point. First President in 40 years not to get us involved in any new wars and the President who has been trying to pull us out of the Mid-East. That right there is worth all the ego crap trump wants to give himself. Vote for Biden/Harris and i will just about guarantee we will have more overseas involvement once again. they are part of the old order who loves War and the Money it brings in to their Donors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2020, 04:47 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,640,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Khan should be praising Trump at this point. First President in 40 years not to get us involved in any new wars and the President who has been trying to pull us out of the Mid-East. That right there is worth all the ego crap trump wants to give himself. Vote for Biden/Harris and i will just about guarantee we will have more overseas involvement once again. they are part of the old order who loves War and the Money it brings in to their Donors.
Im still wondering why he would vote for a woman who voted for the war that killed his son..

Old 11-05-2020, 06:57 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,150,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
It isn't germ related. Trump is afraid of close personal contact in public. You rarely see it and it is always scripted and a photo-op; never spontaneous. And with good reason -- it almost never turns out as he hopes. Nobody kisses his feet. He needs a little distance and a screaming crowd of halfwits to stroke his ego. He expects people to be fawning over him and without shills and fake plants in crowds he might not get his "fix" of adoration. It is simply a personality flaw. He has five or six concentric barriers now to keep people from approaching the White House.
That's an interesting take, although I think his supposed germaphobiness predates his political involvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
OK, first, unless you're Trump's psychiatrist, you have no knowledge as to whether he's clinically anything. But let's just say he possesses narcissistic characteristics. I would wager that almost all people who make it very far and/or very long in politics have at least a few screws loose (narcissism or otherwise). I mean, who in their right mind would want to be in the public eye in that way or who could function and survive the political swamp mentally or emotionally whole? It's kinda one of those chicken & egg questions. And it's a big "who cares?" when it comes time to cast my ballot since there's no way for any of us to really know.
Luckily we now have his niece, who IS a psychotherapist. And she says the same.

I totally agree with you that people who make it far in life may have "problems." It's said that many heads of companies seem to be sociopaths. But I think that Trump takes it to a whole new level for the presidency.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:02 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,150,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Yeah no kidding.
Why should we pretend there are any common people at that level in politics?
Well, there are certainly people who have lived most of their life fairly plainly - Bernie, Obama, and Biden all far into that category, although of course they made money later in life. Then there are people like Trump, born into money, a millionaire since childhood with the money his father handed over to him, who early on liked to create a gilt palace for himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies