Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 12:40 PM

20,502 posts, read 12,440,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I don't know why you would assume that.
purely an intellectual exercise. i want to understand what the democrat voter views as the consequence of a democrat victory.

I know what i see/hope for the future with a republican victory, as a republican/Trump supporter.

I know what i see/dred if the left gains control of federal power.

what i don't really understand is what a left leaning voter projects as the result of their political victory.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:45 PM

31,339 posts, read 14,398,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The stock market is up almost 600 points this morning in anticipation of a Biden presidency.

If you were rich enough to benefit from the "tax cuts" in 2017, you'll never notice if they get repealed.
But the market is still down 1300 points just since 10/12 even though Trump's polling numbers got better.
So I'm not sure what to make of today.
Tomorrow and next few days will be the real key.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:50 PM

3,558 posts, read 1,674,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
Honestly it probably will be a rocky start because he has to undo so much that Trump has screwed up. The pandemic is the 1st thing and Trump has let that run wild through the US. If Trump had just supported masks and other preventative measures, it wouldn't be that bad but now Biden has to come in and it's going to be like ripping a bandaid off.

Biden wont even take office until Jan 20. So Trump has time to screw up as much as possible in mean time. And he will. That boy do love his chaos. Maybe he can lob a few nukes to stir things up further....

Old 11-03-2020, 12:53 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,925,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The first thing we will is a monster stock market tumble. Next id recommend people start stocking up, as the entire country will be in a lockdown. Anyone with assets and savings should start financial planning as you can expect the tax cuts repealed.
If Biden wins, the stock market will boom because Biden has promised to fix EVERYTHING, including Covid on Day One!! That's AWESOME! Biden, you da MAN!! So, come January 22, we'll all be singing Kumbaya! And Hail to Da Chief! No leader in history will have done so much in such little time!! God took 7 days!

Old 11-03-2020, 12:55 PM

31,339 posts, read 14,398,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Biden will have to do with what the last 3 Democrats have had to do. He will have to get us out of a mess left by Republicans. Clinton, Obama and now Biden all had to hit the ground running. The Republicans will complain about not getting us on track fast enough while denying who put the car in the ditch. We have seen this scenario before.
Nice try.
The mess this time will be left by the control freak / lockdown loving democrats.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:55 PM

2,380 posts, read 1,173,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
If Biden wins, the stock market will boom because Biden has promised to fix EVERYTHING, including Covid on Day One!! That's AWESOME! Biden, you da MAN!! So, come January 22, we'll all be singing Kumbaya! And Hail to Da Chief! No leader in history will have done so much in such little time!! God took 7 days!
Some won't get the sarcasm, and that's even funnier!

Old 11-03-2020, 02:14 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,832,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
purely an intellectual exercise. i want to understand what the democrat voter views as the consequence of a democrat victory.

I know what i see/hope for the future with a republican victory, as a republican/Trump supporter.

I know what i see/dred if the left gains control of federal power.

what i don't really understand is what a left leaning voter projects as the result of their political victory.
There are plenty of Republicans who will vote their party down ballot but won't vote for Trump. I know MANY in Texas. Independents will also not vote straight party ticket.

Old 11-03-2020, 02:38 PM

7,419 posts, read 2,726,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
id like to know what Biden supporters think will happen in a Biden Administration
Restoration of democracy and decency to government in the United States of America.

Joe Biden believes in compromise and bipartisanship...good for America.

He has great foreign relationships and skills. He will build back the alliances and friendships that are good for America.

From a centrist position or center left, where the country has moved, he has the proposals and ideas to lead us through our major crises of systemic racism, covid-19 and global warming. Biden’s views reflect the new center...good for unifying America.

Biden listens to experts — including physicians and scientists — and surrounds himself with experienced and competent aides of centrist sensibilities. He won’t appoint grifters and misfits to high office, and he will pay attention to his intelligence briefings...good for America.

He is a good man. I agree with Lindsey Graham: "If you can’t admire Joe Biden as a person, you’ve got a problem… He’s as good a man as God ever created.” Biden has shown America for 47 years that he is a compassionate, courageous, strong and resilient human being. Good for America to have a POTUS with these qualities.

Old 11-03-2020, 02:46 PM

6,382 posts, read 2,955,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
If Biden wins, the stock market will boom because Biden has promised to fix EVERYTHING, including Covid on Day One!!
That's the thing - if he wins the big covid surge we are having now will be over. And the pandemic will end by mid or late 2021 no matter what - vaccine or not. Peking Joe will take credit. The we will all be forced to learn Chinese. And the left will push to make the US a one party state by packing SCOTUS and making Puerto Rico and DC a states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies