Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 08:20 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,529,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I don't mean the usual presidential lies. All presidents lie a little, even the best, often for good reasons. Carter was probably the most truthful president of modern times, and he was voted out. FDR lied to edge us into helping the Allies in WWII.

So I'm talking about Trump and his 22,000 lies. Here's an example.

Rallies Are the Core of Trump’s Campaign, and a Font of Lies and Misinformation
A recent rally in Wisconsin was typical. In 90 minutes, President Trump made 131 false or inaccurate statements.

By Linda Qiu and Michael D. Shear

Over the course of the next 87 minutes, the president made another 130 false or inaccurate statements. Many were entirely made up. Others were casual misstatements of simple facts, some clearly intended to mislead. He lied about his own record and that of his opponent. He made wild exaggerations that violate even the pliable limits of standard political hyperbole...

A detailed examination of his statements in Janesville by The New York Times found that more than three-quarters of the president’s assertions were either false, misleading, exaggerated, disputed or lacked evidence. Less than a quarter were true.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/u...p-rallies.html

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/78886352.cms

If you want some specifics, scroll down to:
He claimed to have enacted the “biggest tax cut in history”
I once wasted about 10 minutes clicking through some of the alleged lies compiled by the Washington Post. The compilation is in itself a lie. Maybe it was just the random sample I scrolled through but most were simply opinions that were completely arguable.

Sure he lies and exaggerates a lot, which makes him the same as most politicians and the Washington Post.

If you regurgitate the 22,000 lies meme, you are being used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 08:21 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,555,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Fair enough, however the left worked overtime explaining Obama's lies. The old "what he really meant was" or the "he misspoke" or "that's taking him out of context."

Hey he lied and lied a lot. He just enjoyed a bumper crop of free passes. Do you still believe that Benghazi was caused by an unknown YouTube video? Did you ever find that "good health insurance for about the cost of your monthly cellphone or cable bill" ? No me neither.

He are those Russians the goops guys? Hey Biden and the Dems, the Cold War is calling. LOL. Yes all politicians lie, none got away with it like Obama did and none have done it more than Trump. Biden I think will do his best to beat Trump. He is a well documented liar.

What "Obama lies"? And NOBODY lies like Trump. Nobody.

Health insurance: yeah, actually, in Massachusetts. The cost of Obamacare in any given state depends on the legislature in that state. If the GOP is in charge, you can bet that Obamacare is sky-high. Not so in blue states.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:22 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,804,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
What utter nonsense. Trump "brokering MidEast peace"?? OMG, you really believe that, don't you. Trump can hardly speak a correct English sentence, much less engage directly in diplomacy in the Middle East.

No, he has not helped "create the lowest unemployment rates for everyone in the history of the country." Hasn't. Sorry. No matter what he and the right-wing blog brigade tell you.

Hasn't helped the VA.

Hasn't strengthened the military.

Has a bank account in China and he and his family regularly do business with China.

Wake up.
Everything you say is a lie or fantasy. Wake up yourself. I would suspect you're on the bong tonight?

Old 11-01-2020, 08:22 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,363,611 times
TDS 2.0 already starting. Lol

Old 11-01-2020, 08:23 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,555,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Everything you say is a lie or fantasy. Wake up yourself. I would suspect you're on the bong tonight?
No, everything I said is the truth. If one lives in the bubble of Trumpland and Fox, of course, then yes, it's all "lies."

There's no talking to Trump true believers. He is the Second Coming. Period. Anything to challenge that is a "lie." Period.

Okay, then. God help America.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:25 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,893,118 times
Quote:
Why post this? Pales in comparison to Trump's misogynistic lies and affairs--which, apparently, his followers don't even care about, right?
Please the left only cares about Trump being a pig because he isn't their pig. The left had no issue with a scumbag like Clinton, they defended him and slandered his accusers. fast forward to Kavanaugh He was a war criminals and deserved death because he was accused by a person that couldn't quite remember the where when and her own witnesses couldn't back her story. Biden. Has many accusers who unlike Ford have a paper trail and witnesses she spoke to at the time, she is a democrat and still the left slander her.

No. you dont care about Trump being a pig, you only care that he isn't your pig. No? Then try to be a little more consistent in your fake outrage. Biden is a hair sniffing pervert who isn't afraid to cop a feel and even does it to young girls. Be consistent.

Before you say it, hell no I didn't vote for Trump.. Someone can be anti- Biden and not be pro Trump.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 11-01-2020 at 08:37 PM..

Old 11-01-2020, 08:25 PM

45,635 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
Why post this? Pales in comparison to Trump's misogynistic lies and affairs--which, apparently, his followers don't even care about, right?
Oh - I didn't think the thread was about Trump... just presidents in general.

But as usual with liberals... everything is about Trump.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,553,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post

There's gotta be some explanation, right?

Old 11-01-2020, 08:28 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,638,604 times
Actions..not words is what I care about.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:29 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,269,351 times
Quote:
What "Obama lies"? And NOBODY lies like Trump. Nobody.

Health insurance: yeah, actually, in Massachusetts. The cost of Obamacare in any given state depends on the legislature in that state. If the GOP is in charge, you can bet that Obamacare is sky-high. Not so in blue states.
Wrong, again.

Insurance premiums and co-pays skyrocketed in BLUE NJ especially for small business plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies