Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 10:11 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,764,377 times

Advertisements

From Trump's website, promises kept tab

https://www.promiseskept.com/achieve...d-environment/

Energy and Environment

The Department of the Interior proposed its largest oil and gas lease of over 78 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico.

President Trump signed an Executive Order to expand offshore oil and gas drilling and open more leases to develop offshore drilling.

President Trump and his administration acted aggressively to increase exports of energy resources to the global market.

This allowed financing for coal and fossil energy projects.

The Department of Energy announced the approval of the Lake Charles Liquefied Natural Gas terminal.

American LNG export opportunities increased under the Trump administration.

President Trump has approved the infrastructure and provided the resources needed to unleash oil and gas production in the U.S.

The administration approved the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, supporting an estimated total of 42,000 jobs and $2 billion in wages.

The administration announced the approval of the New Burgos Pipeline, a cross-border project that will export U.S. gasoline to Mexico.

The Trump administration reversed President Obama’s moratorium on new leases for oil and gas development on federal lands.

President Trump rescinded President Obama’s costly Clean Power Plan and instead has proposed the Affordable Clean Energy Rule.

According to NERA Economic Consulting, the CPP would have increased electricity rates by as much as 14 percent, costing American households up to $79 billion.

The Affordable Clean Energy Rule will reduce greenhouse gasses, empower states, promote energy independence, and facilitate economic growth and job creation

In addition to the Clean Power Plan, the Trump administration has rescinded many costly Obama-Era regulations.

The EPA has rescinded President Obama’s methane emissions rule that would cost American energy developers an estimated $530 million annually.

The EPA is reviewing a rule that if rescinded would relax costly fuel standards and save $340 billion in regulatory costs.

President Trump announced his intent to withdraw the U.S. from the unfair Paris Climate Agreement.

In May 2017, the Trump administration created a Superfund task force designed to streamline the Superfund cleanup program.

The Superfund task force has designated 10 sites for “immediate, intense action.”

RELAUNCHING THE SMART SECTORS PROGRAM:
EPA has re-launched launched the Smart Sectors Program to partner with the private sector to achieve better environmental outcomes.

The lead for each sector serves as the ombudsmen within the respective agency across program offices, conducts educational site tours, analyzes data and advises options for environmental improvement, and develops reports that profile the impact of each sector

It also works to streamline EPA practices and operations.

EXPANDING AMERICAN ENGERGY:

Signed legislation to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to domestic energy production.

Approved the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, with 42,000 jobs and $2 billion in earnings.

Repealed the Clean Power Plan, a regulation estimated to increase energy costs by billions.

Kept campaign promise to get America out of the Paris Climate Agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 10:25 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,764,377 times
would it be fair to say Donald Trump will handle the environment like he did COVID-19?

Old 11-01-2020, 10:32 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,412,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
No, a couple more days. I need to know what Trump will do for the environment before I make a decision,
are you a US citizen?

where do you rank environmental policy in importance?

Do you think China and India should take greater action to reduce pollution and have a positive impact than they are?

Old 11-01-2020, 10:37 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,412,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Here's what I understand about president Trump's approach. This is my interpretation of him. I see my self as a steward of the land and I'm locally active in environmental issues. I'm a Marine Engineer by education, retired from an electric utility. it's complicated.

President Trump looks at cost vs environmental impact. I'll use automobiles as an example.

Everything that is produced has a life cycle... raw material, processed, manufactured, to use, to maintain, to recycled or decomposition. This entire life of a product during it's development/production/use has a environmental impact/foot print. If we use a matrix for each cycle during a products life, we could come up with a number that reflects the impact upon the environment.

This is how a business man thinks environmentally. It's logical, but doesn't address 'feelings'.

Does an older auto produce more pollution out the tail pipe? yes it does. Does the same vehicle have less impact in other areas during it's life cycle... that's a yes too. So you must 'weigh' the impact vs cost.

How about nuclear power plants?. High impact on the front end and back end, but virtually no impact during operational cycle.

I hope I presented some food for thought.
way too much thinking for the anti-Trumpers on the thread so far.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:42 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,099,100 times
I realize you didn't address the question to me but...

Yes, China and India should take greater action to reduce pollution.....

and so should the United States.

Old 11-01-2020, 11:54 AM

46,165 posts, read 27,837,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I realize you didn't address the question to me but...

Yes, China and India should take greater action to reduce pollution.....

and so should the United States.
We have been. In raw numbers, it's more than any other country.

U.S. Energy-Related Carbon Dioxide Emissions, 2019

U.S. energy-related carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions decreased in 2019 by 2.8%, or 150 million metric tons (MMmt) when compared with 2018.

Between 1990 and 2007, energy-related CO2 emissions in the United States grew by an average 1.0% per year (Figure 1). Since peaking in 2007, declines have averaged 1.3% per year

Old 11-01-2020, 11:57 AM

46,165 posts, read 27,837,919 times
Quote:
From Trump's website, promises kept tab

https://www.promiseskept.com/achieve...d-environment/

Energy and Environment

The Department of the Interior proposed its largest oil and gas lease of over 78 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico.

President Trump signed an Executive Order to expand offshore oil and gas drilling and open more leases to develop offshore drilling.

President Trump and his administration acted aggressively to increase exports of energy resources to the global market.

This allowed financing for coal and fossil energy projects.

The Department of Energy announced the approval of the Lake Charles Liquefied Natural Gas terminal.

American LNG export opportunities increased under the Trump administration.

President Trump has approved the infrastructure and provided the resources needed to unleash oil and gas production in the U.S.

The administration approved the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, supporting an estimated total of 42,000 jobs and $2 billion in wages.

The administration announced the approval of the New Burgos Pipeline, a cross-border project that will export U.S. gasoline to Mexico.

The Trump administration reversed President Obama’s moratorium on new leases for oil and gas development on federal lands.

President Trump rescinded President Obama’s costly Clean Power Plan and instead has proposed the Affordable Clean Energy Rule.

According to NERA Economic Consulting, the CPP would have increased electricity rates by as much as 14 percent, costing American households up to $79 billion.

The Affordable Clean Energy Rule will reduce greenhouse gasses, empower states, promote energy independence, and facilitate economic growth and job creation

In addition to the Clean Power Plan, the Trump administration has rescinded many costly Obama-Era regulations.

The EPA has rescinded President Obama’s methane emissions rule that would cost American energy developers an estimated $530 million annually.

The EPA is reviewing a rule that if rescinded would relax costly fuel standards and save $340 billion in regulatory costs.

President Trump announced his intent to withdraw the U.S. from the unfair Paris Climate Agreement.

In May 2017, the Trump administration created a Superfund task force designed to streamline the Superfund cleanup program.

The Superfund task force has designated 10 sites for “immediate, intense action.”

RELAUNCHING THE SMART SECTORS PROGRAM:
EPA has re-launched launched the Smart Sectors Program to partner with the private sector to achieve better environmental outcomes.

The lead for each sector serves as the ombudsmen within the respective agency across program offices, conducts educational site tours, analyzes data and advises options for environmental improvement, and develops reports that profile the impact of each sector

It also works to streamline EPA practices and operations.

EXPANDING AMERICAN ENGERGY:

Signed legislation to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to domestic energy production.

Approved the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, with 42,000 jobs and $2 billion in earnings.

Repealed the Clean Power Plan, a regulation estimated to increase energy costs by billions.

Kept campaign promise to get America out of the Paris Climate Agreement.
It's what the people wanted in 2016.

Old 11-01-2020, 12:48 PM

1,969 posts, read 553,120 times
Quote:
No, a couple more days. I need to know what Trump will do for the environment before I make a decision,
well i am a big environmental proponent, but the next 3 to 4 years, we will be recovering from this covid mess, so i am focusing on the short game, for now.

read up on the new green deal, if environment is high on your list. dems are pushing this agenda, which i believe needs to be pushed, but just not until we recover from debacle A.

up to you, also google what has trump done. you will be drawn to what is right for YOU.

good luck

Old 11-01-2020, 12:59 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,347,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
His policies are generally to remove all protections. Pollute all you want. This makes heavy industry happy so they will like him and give him money.

Just recently, on Trumps orders, protections on local lakes were removed. These are lakes that serve as discharge for the cooling of energy plants. These same lakes are reservoirs for local water supply, recreation, home sites, business that depend on all the above and just like that, all environmental protections are gone.
wow - this is ridiculous if true!!! Do you have an article detailing this?

Old 11-01-2020, 01:07 PM

8,456 posts, read 4,463,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
More flat-out lies.

"The Trump administration this year completed a long-debated rewrite of the Clean Water Act that drastically reduces the number of waterways regulated by the federal government. A little-noticed provision for the first time classifies “cooling ponds” as parts of “waste treatment systems” — which are not covered under the law."

https://www.tampabay.com/news/enviro...popular-lakes/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...epa/114151026/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/12/c...otections.html

https://www.sej.org/headlines/clean-...at-happens-now

You must be talking about Trumps lies.

So all you hunters and fishermen, kiss much of the sport good by.

Last edited by ditchoc; 11-01-2020 at 01:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies