Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 11:03 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,257,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
Absolutely ...... but, and I say this as someone who voted third party because both Trump and Biden were unacceptable to me, if one identifies purely personal criteria without regard to the priorities for most voters, it becomes less useful for most people.

Having said this, in terms of how you have rated both on each criteria cited by Pew, you are comparing an individual with a track record with someone who has barely any. How do you rate Biden as about even with Trump on the economy? There is no basis - or little basis - for doing so. There is a reason why historically the incumbent has won reelection over the decades - voters are choosing one candidate with a track record and another who has none or very little.

On Covid, where Trump has been most faulted, Biden has no proposals for dealing with Covid other than generalizations about testing and getting the better of the pandemic! In terms of actual track record, H1N1 was a pandemic when Biden was VP and 60 million people were infected - yes, 60 million - and the only reason why we did not have a catastrophe, was because H1N1 was not as lethal as Covid.
Ok, so economic and stock market growth when Biden was VP doesn't count to his record, but Biden is responsible for H1N1 when he was VP? How is that logic congruent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 08:30 AM

24,589 posts, read 17,327,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
The plus ones on Trump are actual reality.
The plus ones on Biden are hopeful speculation.
Do you seriously trust a do nothing career politician who is under investigation for influence peddling and extortion to actually be “better” on any of those?

Well when you think about it Obama sailed to victory and was handed a Nobel Peace Prize for his message of HOPE.

The Democrats are good at offering hope along with pledging free this and free that but Trump has actually delivered on so many of his campaign promises while working hard to MAGA.

When you think about the Democrats that have fought tooth and nail, resisted and spent more time trying to destroy Trump than doing anything positive for America it is a wonder that Trump has been able to accomplish so much.

Of course the 2 biggies that the Left will point to as failings is the Wall but it is hard to get something like that done when the Democrats flat out believe that America is not worth protecting and of course the Monster that is Healthcare. Obamacare is a mess but at least it is something.

Trump has his faults but if a person is honest they have to admit he has done some good things.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:34 AM

1,301 posts, read 668,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
First time voter here, here is my scorecard.

Trump:
+1 Pro-Life on abortion
+1 Peace Deals
+1 Pledging to reduce foreign troops
+1 Opposes "white fragility" and other fracturing and illogical arguments
+1 Supports police and is supported by police

Trump total = 5

Biden:
+1 More stable personality that is less fracturing
+1 Better on healthcare
+1 Better on environment
+1 More respect on the world stage
+1 More opposition to death penalty
+1 Better on social safety net
+1 I trust him more on Covid

Biden total = 7

Biden is my vote.
Personality = irrelevant
More "respect" on world stage = irrelevant
Results are what matter.

You can't trust anyone on covid, no one knows wtf they're talking about, even the best doctors.

Old 11-01-2020, 08:55 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,817 times
Quote:

Trump:
+1 Pro-Life on abortion
+1 Peace Deals

Trump total = 5

Biden:
+1 Better on healthcare
+1 Better on environment

Biden total = 7

Biden is my vote.
Whatever scorecard you use for your important issues, my scorecard would give Trump extra +'s for no new wars. If you think something like 'respect on the world stage' is a +1 for Biden, surely no new wars should get Trump a +3, giving him +8 to Biden's +7

Old 11-01-2020, 09:27 AM

190 posts, read 57,260 times
Quote:

Trump:
+1 Pro-Life on abortion
+1 Peace Deals

Trump total = 5

Biden:
+1 Better on healthcare
+1 Better on environment

Biden total = 7

Biden is my vote.

+1 More stable personality that is less fracturing - Meh
+1 Better on healthcare - By raising costs and canceling existing plans to 180M Americans? All the while granting asylum to 16 million more free loaders.
+1 Better on environment - Agree
+1 More respect on the world stage - Not so sure about th-th-that other thing.
+1 More opposition to death penalty - Only thing I would change would be reasonable doubt to no doubt.
+1 Better on social safety net - How's that 401k doing? I'm up 14% for the year.
+1 I trust him more on Covid - This. Is. Laughable.

What about the economy and China? That should be in everyone's list.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:49 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,602,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJag View Post
+1 More stable personality that is less fracturing - Meh
+1 Better on healthcare - By raising costs and canceling existing plans to 180M Americans? All the while granting asylum to 16 million more free loaders.
+1 Better on environment - Agree
+1 More respect on the world stage - Not so sure about th-th-that other thing.
+1 More opposition to death penalty - Only thing I would change would be reasonable doubt to no doubt.
+1 Better on social safety net - How's that 401k doing? I'm up 14% for the year.
+1 I trust him more on Covid - This. Is. Laughable.

What about the economy and China? That should be in everyone's list.
By stable, you mean dead, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies