Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:40 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,264,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Additionally, many people fail to realize that among the Jews who were killed in those camps comprising the 6 million exterminated
3.5 Million.

The Jews have now admitted that the death toll at Auschwitz was never 4 Million. They're claiming now it was 1.5 Million (but even that figure is ridiculous) and combined with the alleged 2 Million in the other camps, that's 3.5 Million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 05:41 PM

9,059 posts, read 13,004,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Oh, please. Must every thread become a hate-America exercise?

Are you really willing to argue that America did not commit itself, fully and to the death, to the elimination of naziism in Europe? And that the nazis planned and carried out the holocaust -- NOT AMERICA?

Please do not dishonor the memory of the victims of the holocaust by painting America as somehow complicit in this crime. They and you know that that is a heinous falsehood.
Make no mistake: America's pacifist Republican party was only persuaded to defeat the Nazis because England was about to fall. While it was a good thing we were able to save many Jews, we as a country were not motivated to save them, just as we weren't motivated to save Christians serving time in Siberia for professing their faith. To do the latter wasn't in our "strategic interest" as Stalin was our ally.

No one cared much about Czech, Slovakia, France, Poland, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium....

Old 05-04-2008, 05:47 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,410,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Make no mistake: America's pacifist Republican party was only persuaded to defeat the Nazis because England was about to fall. While it was a good thing we were able to save many Jews, we as a country were not motivated to save them, just as we weren't motivated to save Christians serving time in Siberia for professing their faith.

No one cared much about Czech, Slovakia, France, Poland, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium....
The fact remains that we did indeed participate in the liberation of all of the people you mentioned. And we did end the nazi regime.

The fact also remains that you have pacifist confused with isolationist...

So sour grapes from you. Enjoy. And tell us when the Holocaust museum opens in Moscow.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
The fact remains that we did indeed participate in the liberation of all of the people you mentioned. And we did end the nazi regime.

The fact also remains that you have pacifist confused with isolationist...

So sour grapes from you. Enjoy. And tell us when the Holocaust museum opens in Moscow.
Actually, I was just making an objective statement. Hard to have sour grapes.

Russia is too boastful and nationalist to do such a thing. De-stalinization is as close as you'll get to admission of their crimes.

The Soviets ended the Nazi regime, in Berlin. 10 Million dead soldiers + civilians and driving back the enemy across more land than us earns you that mark in history. Our schools just tell it differently. It's much easier to defeat a enemy already crippled by an endless supply of young soldiers stubbornly marching forward.

Don't feel so down though. We earned our Japanese victory.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Actually, I was just making an objective statement. Hard to have sour grapes.

Russia is too boastful and nationalist to do such a thing. De-stalinization is as close as you'll get to admission of their crimes.

The Soviets ended the Nazi regime, in Berlin. 10 Million dead soldiers + civilians and driving back the enemy across more land than us earns you that mark in history. Our schools just tell it differently. It helps to defeat a enemy already crippled by an endless supply of young soldiers stubbornly marching forward.
before th
Don't feel so down though. We earned our Japanese victory.
Eisenhower held back to let Russia have Berlin. Big mistake. Ask the Poles, Czechs, etc.

The Soviets were too cowardly to help with the Japanese until after we had nuked them twice.

Don't feel so down, though. You've done a good job hijacking the thread.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Eisenhower held back to let Russia have Berlin. Big mistake. Ask the Poles, Czechs, etc.

The Soviets were too cowardly to help with the Japanese until after we had nuked them twice.

Don't feel so down, though. You've done a good job hijacking the thread.
Doesn't matter who let who have what. The Russians drove the Nazis back further. It's not like the Russians had superior technology. In fact, it was the Germans who had better tanks, planes, and a higher kill ratio than any of the allieds. But, as Stalin once said: "Fighting for the soviets, it takes more bravery to retreat than to advance.".

It also required an alliance between American, Britian (who played no small part) and Canada. Russia had no one else.

I'm just telling you for a fact who actually pwned the Nazis. I know with your rah rah one-dimensional viewpoint you'd like to think it was the western allies. Think again.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter who let who have what. The Russians drove the Nazis back further. It's not like the Russians had superior technology. In fact, it was the Germans who had better tanks, planes, and a higher kill ratio than any of the allieds. But, as Stalin once said: "Fighting for the soviets, it takes more bravery to retreat than to advance.".

It also required an alliance between American, Britian (who played no small part) and Canada. Russia had no one else.

I'm just telling you for a fact who actually pwned the Nazis. I know with your rah rah one-dimensional viewpoint you'd like to think it was the western allies. Think again.
I think you're thinking of someone else. I am well aware of the nature of the ground combat in World War II, on both the western and eastern fronts.

And I am second to none in my wonder at the bestiality of the Soviets. They and the nazis were nicely matched.

But, as I said earlier: this is a thread about the Holocaust. Feel free to go to city-data history and discuss Kursk, or whatever. If you post anything which is new to me, I'll join you.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I think you're thinking of someone else. I am well aware of the nature of the ground combat in World War II, on both the western and eastern fronts.
That's nice.

Quote:
And I am second to none in my wonder at the bestiality of the Soviets. They and the nazis were nicely matched.
That's why war sucks. But, you do what you need to win. Whether it's killing civilians door to door like the Soviets did, or 80,000 at once with a bomb.

Quote:
But, as I said earlier: this is a thread about the Holocaust. Feel free to go to city-data history and discuss Kursk, or whatever. If you post anything which is new to me, I'll join you.
Just politely correcting you on the intended purpose of our country's trip to Deutschland.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:07 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,159,023 times
Quote:
Oh, please. Must every thread become a hate-America exercise?
You turned it into a hate-Germany thread. What do people living in Germany today have to do with the Holocaust?

Old 05-04-2008, 07:12 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,159,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
3.5 Million.

The Jews have now admitted that the death toll at Auschwitz was never 4 Million. They're claiming now it was 1.5 Million (but even that figure is ridiculous) and combined with the alleged 2 Million in the other camps, that's 3.5 Million.
Nah, you don't have an agenda. Did you get that from the Noontide Press site?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies