Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 11:29 AM

2,818 posts, read 2,134,638 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many Woke athletes actually bother to vote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 11:32 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,966,515 times
Quote:
Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins accused of making obscene gesture at Trump supporters in Arizona
Poor Trump supporters. They must be traumatized. Can anyone spare a safe space for them?

Of course, there is no proof who he was signaling to, but Trump loyalists are always willing to play the victim in the absence of actual victim(s).

Speaking about AZ, it seems Gov Deucie (R) is starting to shut down the State again.

Old 10-26-2020, 11:37 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,690,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Ever since the NFL went 'woke' this season, I haven't watched a single play of any game or checked any scores.

When the BLM hypocrisy stops and they just **** and play football, I may tune in.
Ditto! I get the scores from links on FB, but i refuse to watch my Patriots as long as they push that BLM crap

Old 10-26-2020, 11:38 AM

20,394 posts, read 9,295,581 times
nobody cares, he'll be broke in 5 years...

Old 10-26-2020, 11:39 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,966,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Ditto! I get the scores from links on FB, but i refuse to watch my Patriots as long as they push that BLM crap
Your patriots aren't much to look at, so you're not missing much.

Old 10-26-2020, 11:58 AM

37,955 posts, read 18,004,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins accused of making obscene gesture at Trump supporters in Arizona

Imagine if a white footballer did the same to BLM supporters

http://feeds.foxnews.com/~r/foxnews/...ump-supporters
The article mentioned people were throwing things at the caravan of cars. If so I have no problem with flipping them off. That was a mild response.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:02 PM

8,701 posts, read 10,255,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Poor Trump supporters. That must be traumatized. Can anyone spare a safe space for them?

Of course, there is no proof who he was signaling to, but Trump loyalists are always willing to play the victim in the absence of actual victim(s).

Speaking about AZ, it seems Gov Deucie (R) is starting to shut down the State again.
What exactly is your point about AZ and another shutdown? If it makes sense to do, we will do it again. You do realize that Arizona has fared quite well recently even in the covid-19 environment compared to most other states due to good business decisions, and the major diversification of our economy has contributed to this. No longer is our economic base defined primarily by construction and tourism. We now have significant strengths across numerous industries like business and financial services, technology and innovation, bioscience and healthcare, aerospace and defense, and advanced manufacturing. Fortunately, Arizona had 9 cities in the top 25 (Gilbert, Peoria, Chandler, Mesa, Scottsdale, Tempe, Glendale, Tucson, Phoenix) of cities in the nation whose August unemployment rates are bouncing back the most.

Full list (Sep 30, 2020): https://wallethub.com/edu/cities-une...t-rates/73647/

The Phoenix metro has been firing on all cylinders throughout the valley. Cranes continue popping up in Downtown and midtown Phoenix like never before, same for Tempe with more projects in the pipeline that are transforming our cores. Industrial development and manufacturing continues to boom, while the metro continues to lure more tech. The Sky Bridge project in Mesa continues and is a gamechanger for e-commerce between the U.S. and Mexico. The light-rail extension continues. Major semi conductor maker Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd.’s $12 billion plant will arrive in the future. Despite covid-19, it's an exciting time to be in Phoenix, even if it continues to fly under the radar for some.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:18 PM

5,340 posts, read 6,558,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
he is certainly no Fitz character-wise.
Nicely Put

Actions do speak louder then words

Old 10-26-2020, 12:30 PM

5,828 posts, read 4,816,358 times
He's entitled to his opinion.

Seems he likes paying taxes and he wants to pay more.

Old 10-26-2020, 01:09 PM

16,248 posts, read 11,004,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Just showing hes voting for two Marxists, whenever he registers to vote.
Idiotic thing to say but what can you expect from a Trumper. There are only two active and influential Marxist thinkers in the US today (academics and editors) and they are not running for office so the chance of DeAndre finding a Marxist to vote for on his ballot is pretty slim. Recognition of the rabid perversion of capitalism in recent decades, certainly since Reagan, and it's amplified inner inconsistencies and inequities does not make someone a Marxist. Everyone you disagree with or who belongs to a different party or embraces different ideas and values is not Marxist any more than you are a Nazi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies