Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 08:35 AM

14,205 posts, read 8,321,102 times

Advertisements

Charlamagne Tha God recently sat down with Fox Business's Lisa Kennedy Montogomery and spoke about the surge in Black men standing behind the President, saying that by "reaching out and advertising directly to young Black male voters, yeah, it’s effective because we don’t get courted."

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/charlam...ws.120094.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 08:44 AM

46,031 posts, read 27,702,712 times
The entire interview for context.

You see how the lies propagate. At the end of the interview he briefly mentions someone wanting to harm Biden/Harris - as a part of Trump enflaming hostility.

I posted about that last week. It was a Bernie supporter in May who was mad when Bernie got out of the presidential race back in April, and wanted to take it out on Biden.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:01 AM

14,202 posts, read 5,775,522 times
Watch any of the many black conservative YouTubers, read any black conservative columnist, etc. Answer is pretty simple, and glaringly obvious in 2020.

Sure, Democrats have spent the last 60+ years in more obvious courting and patronizing towards the black American generally. But in the last two election cycles, they have been commanded more than courted. Not just from Joe Biden and his "you ain't black" nonsense, but from damn near the entirety of the Left itself.

Everywhere you go on the Left, black people are told quite explicitly that they MUST vote Democrat. Why they have NO CHOICE, and why they MUST OBEY. Their black skin requires this obedience. Period, end of discussion, your name is Toby now shut up and accept it.

That is the message from the left. Now, they do the same thing to women, LGBTQexpialadocious, etc as well. They demand fealty, and are increasingly harsh in the demand.

So of course there will be some percentage of independent thinking people who simply don't respond well to being told how they must think. The single most racist thing that happens to black people in America is the cultural narrative that they all think exactly alike. Why wouldn't there be black conservatives, libertarians, anarchists, Buddhists, neo-establishmentarians, etc? Only a racist looks at skin color and then not only decides what thinking that skin color predisposes, but also demands that the predisposition MUST be adhered to entirely because of that skin color.

I listen to/read plenty of non-liberal black people. One of my favorites is YoungRippa59 because he's both libertarian and a comic book/gaming geek (most of my YT subs, btw, are gaming geeks). There is this liberal myth that black people are some sort of hive mind monolithic entity, yet no other race or other collective has this belief about them. And as said before, it is has become increasingly authoritative how much liberals are DEMANDING that black people conform to the stereotyped thoughts and behaviors that their myth dictates.

It isn't all that surprising that in the age of information, the population of anyone that is willingly deceived by politicians and their various apparatchiks is in decline. True for black people, true for anyone. Listen to the non-liberal, thoughtful black commentators out there...they explain it really well, and do so damn near daily.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The entire interview for context.

You see how the lies propagate. At the end of the interview he briefly mentions someone wanting to harm Biden/Harris - as a part of Trump enflaming hostility.

I posted about that last week. It was a Bernie supporter in May who was mad when Bernie got out of the presidential race back in April, and wanted to take it out on Biden.

Charlamagne Tha God is a Harris supporter. He makes no bones about the fact he's supports the ticket because of Harris and not Biden.

Nevertheless, I think he's correct about Black males.

Trump will do better in 2020 with the overall Black vote than in 2016 when he got what... 8%.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:08 AM

17,961 posts, read 15,000,041 times
I'm just here waiting for desertdetroiter to pop in and say something like "no. if you vote for trump, you ain't black."

Old 10-26-2020, 09:11 AM

25,031 posts, read 9,770,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I'm just here waiting for desertdetroiter to pop in and say something like "no. if you vote for trump, you ain't black."
Agreed. Apparently he believes the Biden lie that we blacks are all monolithic.

That Democratic plantation is very strong in the black community

Old 10-26-2020, 09:20 AM

5,904 posts, read 3,343,259 times
It is interesting. For years Republican candidates have written off the black vote. I guess they felt that they could not make significant inroads. Even if Trump was able to score 20% of the black vote he would win re-election. Say what you want about Trump but he has not ignored the blacks in this country. Even Van Jones has said that Trump has done some good things in the black community. To be honest it will take decades of Republicans concentrating on the black communities to win significant portion of their votes. The black female vote is as reliably democratic as it gets. However it has to start somewhere. Trump is trying and it has not gone unnoticed.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:05 AM

3,774 posts, read 1,474,128 times
Un like the black female. Your average black male is fed up with democrats except for the black pastor and black male church leaders. You see the holy fabulous five of the black pastor, black politician, black woman black thought leaders have certain degree abandoned the hard working black man that is straight, that is not part of the LGBTQ community and that was never victimized by the police or rail roaded by the criminal justice system. I see why black men went for Trump. And you know what. I don't blame them.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:35 AM

1,745 posts, read 971,574 times
We’ll have to wait for the election results to see if Trump can increase his percentage of the black vote. These polls that show 30-40% black support seem to me wildly inaccurate. However, if he can get even 12-15% of the black vote, in the right states ( Florida, North Carolina, Michigan ), it could tip the election to Trump. Republicans typically get around 10% of the black vote, and this has been the case since about 1964.

Old 10-26-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
We’ll have to wait for the election results to see if Trump can increase his percentage of the black vote. These polls that show 30-40% black support seem to me wildly inaccurate. However, if he can get even 12-15% of the black vote, in the right states ( Florida, North Carolina, Michigan ), it could tip the election to Trump. Republicans typically get around 10% of the black vote, and this has been the case since about 1964.
Clinton lost in part because she didn't get the Black turnout O. did. Biden won't do much better.

However, Trump is almost certain to improve on his 2016 numbers. A 15% Black vote for Trump is conceivable and would be costly to the Biden campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies