Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 06:37 AM

20,946 posts, read 5,579,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have to wonder if the PC Nazis have any clue just how stupid they look to anyone with an IQ over 70?

No, they perceive themselves to be martyrs to the one and only true holy cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Thank God I am at this end of my life than the other

I say the same to myself frequently.

Old 10-26-2020, 06:38 AM

34,403 posts, read 18,807,255 times
Quote:
With Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben sneaking a peek through the open door
They'll be back once we turn back the Marxist, history erasing tide.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:01 AM

3,731 posts, read 4,916,010 times
Good thing that I'm not PC. I continue to talk as I always have. I continue to call the birds and fish that have had their names changed by their original names. Free speech so I really don't care. Call me what you want to because I don't care! I'm not offended by that. I hate football and pretty much all sports but I will still call any team, whos name was changed because some SJW got offended, by their original name.

These wack jobs need to get outside more so their skin will thicken up a bit. This cowering in mommy's basement looking for anything to get offended by while living a fake life in virtual reality has made them soft. Too easily offended!

Old 10-26-2020, 07:07 AM

19,383 posts, read 6,559,973 times
We need to add "nasty" to the list of racial slurs. I learned that when I said that Kamala Harris was "nasty," and was told I was being racist. (Of course, I also say that Hillary is nasty, so I suppose I'm racist against white people too.)

It will be HORRIFIC if we end up with a President Harris. Not only will her radical left policies destroy the country, but any criticism of her will be chalked up to racism.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:13 AM

15,203 posts, read 12,376,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Oh darn, I think I use these terms from time to time, my bad.

https://medium.com/an-injustice/7-ra...y-885c56ba97ae
Welp, I have no intention of adjusting my vocabulary to the whims of the "woke." And I figure they don't get to judge my heart, my mind, or my intentions towards others, and they don't get to attach a "racist", or any other label on me, or any other individual they don't even know, or know nothing about.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:15 AM

36,975 posts, read 31,248,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I use cakewalk. I was unaware of the origin of the word and will drop it from my vocabulary.

I don’t seek to offend nor take offense.
So, in the south anyway, a cakewalk is used often as a fundraiser at schools and churches.

https://www.bettycrocker.com/how-to/...host-cake-walk

Old 10-26-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
We need to add "nasty" to the list of racial slurs. I learned that when I said that Kamala Harris was "nasty," and was told I was being racist. (Of course, I also say that Hillary is nasty, so I suppose I'm racist against white people too.)

It will be HORRIFIC if we end up with a President Harris. Not only will her radical left policies destroy the country, but any criticism of her will be chalked up to racism.

Well, nasty is as nasty does and if they call you a racist, remember how very blunt a weapon they themselves have made the word. A knife that simply will no longer cut through warm butter.

Old Sufi saying -- "The barking of dogs does not hurt the clouds".

Old 10-26-2020, 07:22 AM

15,203 posts, read 12,376,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Makes me want to buy CakewalkEskimoNittyGrittyMasterBedroomSpiritAnimal FuzzyWuzzyHipHipHurray.com and put up something really inoffensive but which will offend people anyway.
What is sad is that you don't even have to try and offend these people, they are on autopilot offended all the time and looking for something to be offended about. Your everyday life, your actions and anything you say will do.

So I figure the best way to handle this nonsense is to ignore it. Unless someone is deliberately acting to antagonize someone else ( like the antifa "protestors" attacking bystanders, counter-demonstrators on the street or in establishments, destroying property), I figure that if someone finds offense in another's everyday actions, their beliefs, political perspectives or their words, it's really the problem of the offended.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:24 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,320,056 times
Quote:
No one who hasn't read that dimwit's article would have any idea what cakewalk (per their interpretation) supposedly means
^^^ This. If no one knows the origins of these terms, how are they having such a dramatic negative effect?

And “buried hatred”, lol. If it’s buried, and not out there in your face, who is feeling it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies