Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 11:09 PM

15,291 posts, read 7,830,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Drawing broad conclusions from a sample of one person? Not impressive.

Covfefe.
Dozens, at least, who tweeted their ignorance of the term, plus thousands more who liked those tweets.

https://www.weaselzippers.us/457984-...-know-the-dog/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 08:16 AM

301 posts, read 184,824 times
Dumb as dirt.

Old 10-24-2020, 09:07 AM

16,111 posts, read 6,809,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Dozens, at least, who tweeted their ignorance of the term, plus thousands more who liked those tweets.

https://www.weaselzippers.us/457984-...-know-the-dog/
All democrats? Or just random people? Also, how is ignorance of a relatively obscure slang term a sign of stupidity? Please do explain.

Old 10-24-2020, 10:01 AM

18,014 posts, read 15,764,358 times
Quote:
All democrats? Or just random people? Also, how is ignorance of a relatively obscure slang term a sign of stupidity? Please do explain.
Ummm.... relatively obscure slag term?" It hardly that and theres this little linguistic thing called "context." And the border smugglers have been called that for decades or more.

It's a very common term. As common as other animal analogies like "hood rat" "war hawk" "dove" and dozens of others. It not even close to being obscure.

Not knowing what it means in the context it was used does show a very supreme ignorance about issues at the Mexican border. And by people purporting to care so very much about what's going on down there no less.

But they think coyote refers only to the canine critter that steals chickens and fluffy the pet cat. And they dont even know about those habits of the actual animal. Theres really no excuse , other than willful ignorance, for not understanding the term.

Old 10-24-2020, 10:28 AM

23,643 posts, read 14,338,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ummm.... relatively obscure slag term?" It hardly that and theres this little linguistic thing called "context." And the border smugglers have been called that for decades or more.

It's a very common term. As common as other animal analogies like "hood rat" "war hawk" "dove" and dozens of others. It not even close to being obscure.

Not knowing what it means in the context it was used does show a very supreme ignorance about issues at the Mexican border. And by people purporting to care so very much about what's going on down there no less.

But they think coyote refers only to the canine critter that steals chickens and fluffy the pet cat. And they dont even know about those habits of the actual animal. Theres really no excuse , other than willful ignorance, for not understanding the term.
Mmmmmm, for all wishing of multiculturism, one might think there would be more watching by English speakers of Telemundo. Ie, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Se%C3%B1ora_Acero

Granted, I probably did not learn the term there but rather, like the term 'mule' in my LE circles. As to the particular subject at hand, I am not sure who is the fool. When I saw this incident mentioned on FB, complete with a child Mexican cowboy riding Wylie, I thought maybe the President had misspoke.....though by now, we should know that there are many who don't speak for him who deliberately misspeak for him.......

.........but it is the other side that's so confused?

Why are we so angry? Because we are Commander Adama and we see so many people being blindly led by Count Iblis.

Old 10-24-2020, 10:32 AM
bu2

24,364 posts, read 15,214,361 times
Quote:
At least one of them is an elected Democratic official.

Old 10-24-2020, 11:22 AM

18,014 posts, read 15,764,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Mmmmmm, for all wishing of multiculturism, one might think there would be more watching by English speakers of Telemundo. Ie, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Se%C3%B1ora_Acero

Granted, I probably did not learn the term there but rather, like the term 'mule' in my LE circles. As to the particular subject at hand, I am not sure who is the fool. When I saw this incident mentioned on FB, complete with a child Mexican cowboy riding Wylie, I thought maybe the President had misspoke.....though by now, we should know that there are many who don't speak for him who deliberately misspeak for him.......

.........but it is the other side that's so confused?

Why are we so angry? Because we are Commander Adama and we see so many people being blindly led by Count Iblis.
Lol, it was Count Baltar that was Adamas nemesis. In the original Galactica series. The guy that played him also played the Klingon Commander Kor in the original Star Trek. And I cant bring his name to mind. Age catches up with me.

Mule is another good one. Truly I thought certain analogous slang terms were universally understood. It seems I was mistaken.

Old 10-24-2020, 11:40 AM

9,572 posts, read 7,159,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
A fun thing was on twitter last night and carrying on this morning.

Trump mentioned coyotes being responsible for a lot of parent-less kids coming over the border.

One gal from Georgia...Dar'Shun Kendrick, who's profile says she's an attorney, investment advisor and GA State Representative- Chief Deputy Whip of democrats....was dead serious and posted she couldn't believe Trump would say coyotes were bringing kids across the border. She actually thought the coyote animal was being used to get the kids across. As serious as I can be.

Hundreds of people had some fun with that and even James Woods commented a few times comparing her to Hank Guam will tip over Johnson, also from Georgia.
Someone else posted this morning the dozens of others that thought the same thing...how could a coyote get a kid across the border.

I stay amazed we have supposedly educated people in this country that vote and reproduce and are in government.
Attachment 224724

Then there was this from David Hogg:

“Imagine calling the immigrant parents that bring their children to the United States for a better life “Coyotes”

The level of xenophobia is sickening.“

Quote:
Drawing broad conclusions from a sample of one person? Not impressive.

Covfefe.
COVFEFE is actually legislation:

“The Communications Over Various Feeds Electronically for Engagement Act (COVFEFE Act) is a bill introduced by the United States House of Representatives on June 12, 2017, during the 115th United States Congress.

The bill amends the Presidential Records Act to preserve Twitter posts and other social media interactions of the President of the United States, and to require the National Archives to store such items.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVFEFE_Act

However, Trump’s response, where he asked who could figure out the meaning of covfefe, was clever and charming.

Old 10-24-2020, 02:02 PM

23,643 posts, read 14,338,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol, it was Count Baltar that was Adamas nemesis. In the original Galactica series. The guy that played him also played the Klingon Commander Kor in the original Star Trek. And I cant bring his name to mind. Age catches up with me.

Mule is another good one. Truly I thought certain analogous slang terms were universally understood. It seems I was mistaken.
John Colicos........and look up "War of the Gods" some time. No, on second thought, here you go: https://en.battlestarwikiclone.org/wiki/Iblis

As far as mules and coyotes and smuggling goes, it reminds me those who scream bloody murder when someone like TSA is searching children and little old ladies, screaming that they are fools because those people aren't the enemy.....and drug smugglers have been using the elderly for decades as ploys....or people like the Viet Cong using children for their devices.

Ie, "I'm going to use someone else's kid to hide my devious nature,".......and there are fools who will believe that.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:25 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,066,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Then there was this from David Hogg:

“Imagine calling the immigrant parents that bring their children to the United States for a better life “Coyotes”

The level of xenophobia is sickening.“

COVFEFE is actually legislation:

“The Communications Over Various Feeds Electronically for Engagement Act (COVFEFE Act) is a bill introduced by the United States House of Representatives on June 12, 2017, during the 115th United States Congress.

The bill amends the Presidential Records Act to preserve Twitter posts and other social media interactions of the President of the United States, and to require the National Archives to store such items.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVFEFE_Act

However, Trump’s response, where he asked who could figure out the meaning of covfefe, was clever and charming.
Just heard about this hilarious coyote kerfuffle on Michael Berry. So of course, I had to check it out on City-Data, which did not disappoint! But then I read your post here....I did not know what COVFEFE stood for. Thank you for my "learned something new" for today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies