Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 09:24 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,633,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
It’s like some of you have zero experience with the issues that elderly people face. Your skin gets very thin and begins to “crepe”. It tears very easily and even simple bumps into things can cause long-lasting bruising. My FIL had band-aids all over his hands and arms the last couple years of his life. It’s completely normal, though unpleasant looking.
All the more reason for the ghoul to retire into the sunset than to try for another 6 years and most likely die in office like John McCain or Frank Lautenberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 09:24 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,995,137 times
78 year olds shouldn’t be working period much less in an important job like that. These goofs all need to be kicked out at 60-65. They need to be handing out smiley faces at Walmart

Old 10-23-2020, 09:26 AM

913 posts, read 887,419 times
It seems to me that the republicans are rotting. Mitch looks decayed and Pence has a fly living on his head. All signs of decomp.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:27 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,633,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Exactly. He's 78. Not 98. A healthy 78 year old would not look like this. Chances are that he has some health issues/procedure/injury or is on some medication.
Most 78 years olds are retired, I'm getting tired of these silent generation&boomer politicians staying in office to cling to power rather than giving us GenX'ers our shot

Old 10-23-2020, 09:29 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,517,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What's eye catching is he won't say what happened.

My parents had that kind of thing on their arms and hands, and always could point to the cause, even though it was a really minor injury, and would just say it. "Oh I had the leash wrapped around my hand and the dog pulled".

Secrecy, like whispering, always gets people's attention.
Elected officials, like any American citizen, are not obligated to fulfill people’s curiosity about their personal health. We even have HIPAA laws to protect people from the extreme noseyness of others.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Most 78 years olds are retired, I'm getting tired of these silent generation&boomer politicians staying in office to cling to power rather than giving us GenX'ers our shot
Oh, have those rascals prevented you from achieving the highest office?

Old 10-23-2020, 09:32 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 15 days ago)

35,657 posts, read 18,015,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Elected officials, like any American citizen, are not obligated to fulfill people’s curiosity about their personal health. We even have HIPAA laws to protect people from the extreme noseyness of others.
He's up for election, isn't he? I think it's relevant if he's facing an illness that will prevent him from serving if elected.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
He's up for election, isn't he? I think it's relevant if he's facing an illness that will prevent him from serving if elected.
He’s got a freakin’ bruise on his hand. He’s not limping, using oxygen, missing work, or reaching out for organ donors.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:35 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,820,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
GenX'ers will live to 120. When do you think they will retire? Boomers lived during a different time. Younger generations have better health routines, medicine, etc. Younger generations feel like they are in their 20s (physically) well into the 40s due to exercising, eating better, and healthcare that catches issues sooner. I'd imagine that at 90, you'll feel like what a boomer 70 year old feels like.

Old 10-23-2020, 09:35 AM

1,049 posts, read 963,025 times
Quote:
Yes, and he will likely win re-election. Senators serve 6 year terms, so he will be 84 by the end of the term. Of course, often times Senators retire before their term has ended.

The discoloration looks odd, but it does look like he's on blood thinners like others have mentioned. I actually didn't realize he was 78, I though he was in his early 70's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies