Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 04:12 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Rather than start a post from youtube why not post an article that captures the background of these professionals and their point. How about a scientific journal or a respected medical group.

Because there isn’t an article, it’s in video format. These are medical professionals speaking in the video. If you want to watch it, feel free, if not, that’s ok too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 04:16 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,743,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That is exactly what happended when it was posted in the Health forum. People who refused to watch it attacked the content and wrote off all of the people involved without even knowing who they were or what they said.
Exactly. I saw that there. And they would benefit from watching the “delusional psychosis” section in the video.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:18 PM

23,990 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yep. I as well was lucky enough to research the mask issue and read a number of scientific/medical studies online concerning the effectiveness of cloth masks before the studies were either taken down or significantly altered. The consensus prior to March of this year was around 3% effectiveness. And I do not believe that the textile industry standards or cloth manufacturing magically changed in March. Thus I believe any study published since then has a political agenda in heralding the miraculous effectiveness of masks.

Why did I doubt the mask effectiveness in the first place? Because I've had too many physics, statistics, and mathematics classes, which I can apply to the mecahnics of viruses and woven cloth. I know we've all read this before, but it really is about like trying to stop a mosquito with a chain link fence.

Now... I've also heard way too many people cry that the masks are not being worn to protect you but to prevent your contagious, infected self from breathing into the atmosphere. Sorry, no go again for me. We do NOT treat healthy people as if they are lepers. What that does psychologically is make everyone assume they are a threat to all others and all others are a threat to them. That is not the way a mentally stable society functions. You want infected people to wear masks, GREAT. But you have no right to force perfectly healthy people to treat themselves as if they are diseased. Find a way to identify the sick and have THEM don masks (and nobody else) or do nothing at all.

Then there is no moral or legal justification for forcing everyone to wear a mask as if they are diseased and contagious. If I do not have covid, there is zero justification for having me wear a mask, since by your own words, they do not protect the wearer.
How does one know if they have it or don't have it? Some are asymptomatic. Some incubate for +/- 2 weeks and can pass it along unknowingly.

A relative works at a preschool associated with a medical school. All the kids have parents who are teaching at that medical school or doing research. The kids do not wear masks. Everybody else does.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:20 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,967,178 times
Sadly these people will be banned by Big Brother Twitter, Facebook and Google.

Just for having a different opinion.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Yep. I as well was lucky enough to research the mask issue and read a number of scientific/medical studies online concerning the effectiveness of cloth masks before the studies were either taken down or significantly altered. The consensus prior to March of this year was around 3% effectiveness. And I do not believe that the textile industry standards or cloth manufacturing magically changed in March. Thus I believe any study published since then has a political agenda in heralding the miraculous effectiveness of masks.

Why did I doubt the mask effectiveness in the first place? Because I've had too many physics, statistics, and mathematics classes, which I can apply to the mecahnics of viruses and woven cloth. I know we've all read this before, but it really is about like trying to stop a mosquito with a chain link fence.

Now... I've also heard way too many people cry that the masks are not being worn to protect you but to prevent your contagious, infected self from breathing into the atmosphere. Sorry, no go again for me. We do NOT treat healthy people as if they are lepers. What that does psychologically is make everyone assume they are a threat to all others and all others are a threat to them. That is not the way a mentally stable society functions. You want infected people to wear masks, GREAT. But you have no right to force perfectly healthy people to treat themselves as if they are diseased. Find a way to identify the sick and have THEM don masks (and nobody else) or do nothing at all.

Then there is no moral or legal justification for forcing everyone to wear a mask as if they are diseased and contagious. If I do not have covid, there is zero justification for having me wear a mask, since by your own words, they do not protect the wearer.
Do you take a covid test every morning?

Old 10-19-2020, 04:23 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
"America's Frontline Doctors". That's the same crew that the demon lover woman belongs to.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:

Bold #1. Document, please.

#2: Jacobson vs Massachusetts, 1905. 115 years ago the SCOTUS decided it is constitutional to impose measures to protect the public health. Has not been overturned, ever. Actually, Jacobson has been used to uphold other vaccine mandates.
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supre...rt/197/11.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Rather than start a post from youtube why not post an article that captures the background of these professionals and their point. How about a scientific journal or a respected medical group. I listened to the first doctor, no idea of her specialty and the second doctor was an Ophthalmologist, no need to listen further.

If you don't like Fauci or the CDC then why not listen to Johns Hopkins or Dr. Michael Osterholm who is an expert in the field.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/...live-episode-2
Because they don't exist.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:28 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
"America's Frontline Doctors". That's the same crew that the demon lover woman belongs to.
Dr. Stella Immanuel of Houston, Texas is not in this video. I get that you don’t understand her Cameroonian culture and are using it to attack her credentials and every single person in this video’s credentials but if you watched the video, you would see that she’ not even in it.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:28 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You're kidding? That's awesome.

So - which of these did Trump turn to when he needed high-quality COVID care? Surely those experts would be rushed to his bedside. No? None of them? How weird.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:33 PM

25,770 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
How does one know if they have it or don't have it? Some are asymptomatic. Some incubate for +/- 2 weeks and can pass it along unknowingly.

A relative works at a preschool associated with a medical school. All the kids have parents who are teaching at that medical school or doing research. The kids do not wear masks. Everybody else does.
How does one know if any given individual is a psychopathic killer or not? Since we can not know that upon first blush, we should then execute everyone as if they are murderers to prevent murder.

There is your logic.

Again, it should seem horrendous to all of us that everyone is treated as a leper. Makes no sense. And to respond to your initial question, we find a way to identify those who are contagious. We cannot assume everyone is guilty. Our culture is an "innocent until proven guilty" culture and as the psychologist on the video states, it is doing GRAVE harm to handle this the way we are handling it (shutdowns, everyone masks up, etc). It was a knee jerk reaction in the first place and somewhere down the road we will all realize just how much harm we've done in many respects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies