Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 04:52 PM

2,082 posts, read 925,140 times

Advertisements

John Leguizamo slams Latino support for President Trump: 'It's self-defeating and selfish'

John Leguizamo slammed Latino support of President Trump in a new interview with Real Time’s Bill Maher.

On Friday, the Critical Thinking actor and director appeared virtually on HBO’s Real Time With Bill Maher and responded to a report suggesting that President Trump is popular among young Latino voters.

“There was an article I saw in the paper this week that talked about how ... Trump is doing rather well with with young Latino men because of the machismo factor. I see you shaking your head,” Maher told Leguizamo, likely citing an Oct. 14 New York Times article stating that nearly 30 percent of Hispanic voters say they support him, “despite his anti-immigration rhetoric and policies.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...190754268.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 05:04 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
UGH Trump IS NOT Anti Immigrant Trump is ANTI ILLEGAL immigrant. We should all be against people that break the law.

I have seen it first hand when I lived and worked in a mostly Brazilian community where everyone seemed to have a "cousin" that was illegal but the Legal immigrants that were following the law and working hard for themselves and families were not too happy when their illegal fellows moved in on their work. They would work for less not having to pay the taxes and everything else that goes along with running a business and their work was often shoddy giving a bad name to the honest hard working Brazilians.

Illegal aliens are beholding to no laws and no one. They are free to move about and if they are caught are often let go by the liberal judges.

Illegals do nothing but harm the communities they live in often preying on their fellow Legal countrymen.

Trump is against ILLEGAL Immigration. Biden and the Dems are for it and that means they don't care about the LEGAL immigrants that have worked so hard to be here in the country and part of the nations fabric.

There is nothing wrong with the Latinos supporting Trump because he is a strong figure that is Pro America and Pro working man that is wiling to work hard and smart to create a better life for his family.

John Leguizamo? Thanks for your opinion but I would rather take the opinion of a working man.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:05 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
There goes another racist, hateful Democrat who attacks people's political views on account of their skin color or ethnic background.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:23 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH Trump IS NOT Anti Immigrant Trump is ANTI ILLEGAL immigrant. We should all be against people that break the law.

I have seen it first hand when I lived and worked in a mostly Brazilian community where everyone seemed to have a "cousin" that was illegal but the Legal immigrants that were following the law and working hard for themselves and families were not too happy when their illegal fellows moved in on their work. They would work for less not having to pay the taxes and everything else that goes along with running a business and their work was often shoddy giving a bad name to the honest hard working Brazilians.

Illegal aliens are beholding to no laws and no one. They are free to move about and if they are caught are often let go by the liberal judges.

Illegals do nothing but harm the communities they live in often preying on their fellow Legal countrymen.

Trump is against ILLEGAL Immigration. Biden and the Dems are for it and that means they don't care about the LEGAL immigrants that have worked so hard to be here in the country and part of the nations fabric.

There is nothing wrong with the Latinos supporting Trump because he is a strong figure that is Pro America and Pro working man that is wiling to work hard and smart to create a better life for his family.

John Leguizamo? Thanks for your opinion but I would rather take the opinion of a working man.
Yep. It just never ends. Thank you for posting my same thoughts, although my "UGH" would have been more like "UGGHHHHHH!!!!!!" Absolutely ridiculous.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:32 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
this appears to be the article. The female NYT author takes great pains to insert "macho/machismo" several times, but she doesn't quote any of the Hispanic men saying Trump is macho.

the clues are right there for her, but she's caught up trying to use negative terms for clicks - and Bill Maher shoutouts I suppose

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/u...HYgYpd-r8XJaH8

Old 10-17-2020, 05:39 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Yeah I had to look him up. Never heard of him.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:42 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Just someone else like Biden who thinks that all people of a race or ethnicity are "all the same". Don't they realize how loudly they are screaming "racism"?

Old 10-17-2020, 05:55 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,397,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

If Trump is for legal immigration why is seeking to reduce it.

"By next year, Donald Trump will have reduced legal immigration by 49% since becoming president. That will have significant repercussions for the nation’s economic growth, according to a new analysis. The cuts to legal immigration have come in several categories, and it appears the Trump administration is not finished restricting immigration."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuarta.../#73b8ae9b6168

Old 10-17-2020, 07:52 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
John Leguizamo slams Latino support for President Trump: 'It's self-defeating and selfish'

John Leguizamo slammed Latino support of President Trump in a new interview with Real Time’s Bill Maher.

On Friday, the Critical Thinking actor and director appeared virtually on HBO’s Real Time With Bill Maher and responded to a report suggesting that President Trump is popular among young Latino voters.

“There was an article I saw in the paper this week that talked about how ... Trump is doing rather well with with young Latino men because of the machismo factor. I see you shaking your head,” Maher told Leguizamo, likely citing an Oct. 14 New York Times article stating that nearly 30 percent of Hispanic voters say they support him, “despite his anti-immigration rhetoric and policies.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...190754268.html
The same ole liberal spin and lies. Trump is not anti-"immigration" he is anti-"illegal immigration". Why would Latinos not support the rule of law? Are they special and above our immigration laws?

Old 10-17-2020, 07:54 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
If Trump is for legal immigration why is seeking to reduce it.

"By next year, Donald Trump will have reduced legal immigration by 49% since becoming president. That will have significant repercussions for the nation’s economic growth, according to a new analysis. The cuts to legal immigration have come in several categories, and it appears the Trump administration is not finished restricting immigration."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuarta.../#73b8ae9b6168
Trump wants a merit based immigration. Isn't that sane policy? We don't need the poor and needy coming here they do not contribute to our economic growth they take more than they give and are a burden to our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies