Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 03:39 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,992,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Does anyone wear skirts anymore?
In warm climates during the summer, such as in California, Oklahoma, etc, yes, lots of women wearing skirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 03:49 PM

1,943 posts, read 569,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
In warm climates during the summer, such as in California, Oklahoma, etc, yes, lots of women wearing skirts.
Guess I’m in the wrong part of the US. Little girls don’t have much exposure to them around here.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Guess I’m in the wrong part of the US. Little girls don’t have much exposure to them around here.
Wait, where in the US are you in? Alaska, PNW, somewhere cold and gloomy all the time?

Even in Idaho, during the summer, I saw plenty of women in skirts.

Are you saying you wish girls would wear skirts in your area more often and thus be exposed to more traditional gender roles?

Even at UC Davis, a left wing college campus undoubtedly with a lot of lesbian or otherwise butch women, still lots of women wearing skirts and dresses, because it gets hot there.

I don't know, just my observations as a straight man.

Old 10-26-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Wait, where in the US are you in? Alaska, PNW, somewhere cold and gloomy all the time?

Midwest. Even the women running for office are wearing slacks or jeans in their tv ads. When you see a crowd of people, seeing a skirt is rare. Summertime, it’s shorts or slacks.

Old 10-26-2020, 04:08 PM
bu2

24,150 posts, read 14,996,977 times
Quote:

Are you saying you wish girls would wear skirts in your area more often and thus be exposed to more traditional gender roles?

Even at UC Davis, a left wing college campus undoubtedly with a lot of lesbian or otherwise butch women, still lots of women wearing skirts and dresses, because it gets hot there.

I don't know, just my observations as a straight man.
Its an age specific thing. Just as people tend to keep their hairstyles from when they are younger, women tend to keep their pants/skirts style. There's a group somewhere in the 30s or 40s that almost always wears pants. That doesn't apply to those in their 20s.

Old 10-26-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Its an age specific thing. Just as people tend to keep their hairstyles from when they are younger, women tend to keep their pants/skirts style. There's a group somewhere in the 30s or 40s that almost always wears pants. That doesn't apply to those in their 20s.
So back in the 1990s, young college aged women wore pants mostly while today, young college aged women wear skirts much more often?

Old 10-26-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Midwest. Even the women running for office are wearing slacks or jeans in their tv ads. When you see a crowd of people, seeing a skirt is rare. Summertime, it’s shorts or slacks.
Any Klobuchar sometimes wears slacks but also sometimes wears skirts in public. She's from Minnesota.

But at weddings, do Midwestern women wear skirts?

I've never been to the Midwest, unless Oklahoma counts... Which part of the Midwest are you in?

Old 10-26-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Any Klobuchar sometimes wears slacks but also sometimes wears skirts in public. She's from Minnesota.

But at weddings, do Midwestern women wear skirts?

I've never been to the Midwest, unless Oklahoma counts... Which part of the Midwest are you in?
At weddings or other special occasions, most women wear dresses or skirts. It is during the daily routine skirts seem rather rare.

I am in Indiana.

Old 10-26-2020, 06:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,892,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
One question last night was from a mom with an 8 year old transgendered daughter. I'm pretty open minded with a gay son who came out to us at 14. I could see the possibility of it at an early age but highly doubt he understood at age 8 he understood who he was.

Many believe Sex change surgery should be included with Health Care. What age would be the age of consent for making these permanent changes?

Is this child abuse and at what point should authorities be involved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kboMNL-dTDA
The content of the video does not support the sensational vide title.

Transition was not discussed.

Biden said he would end discrimination by rolling backTrump EOs. Nothing more or less. .

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ds/3714732001/

Old 10-26-2020, 06:46 PM
bu2

24,150 posts, read 14,996,977 times
Quote:
So back in the 1990s, young college aged women wore pants mostly while today, young college aged women wear skirts much more often?
Yes. Not sure exactly what the time frame was, but it was around then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies