Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 04:47 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,507,749 times

Advertisements

Sorry folks, but no. Unless you voted to impeach Trump, you are in fact responsible for everything after that moment from him. Period. Thats called being responsible for your actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 04:54 PM

6,477 posts, read 3,624,249 times
I agree that Sasse still holds onto the “Republican Classic” model. I used to be a Republican, but I left the party long ago, completely fed up with Romney and refused to even cast a vote in 2012.

So Sasse, Flake, the Lincoln Project, George Will, Romney, whoever, can hope and pray that the old Republican Party will return. But I am the demographic needed in order to return Republic Classic to power, and I still 100% reject that model, along with millions of other people.

Actually, seeing all these old Republicans joining Biden proves that Bannon was right in coining the phrase “RINO”.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:01 PM

7,412 posts, read 2,738,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Gotta love all these RINOs complaining about Trump doing a bad job while they do absolutely nothing themselves......
It appears more Republicans than Senator Sasse have concluded that Trump is heading for a loss and are making moves to save themselves by re-establishing their reputations and political brand. I am not certain, on Planet Republican, who left whom or who will have control of the GOP but that RINO term you use will be fought over, it seems.

Quote:
For nearly four years, congressional Republicans have ducked and dodged an unending stream of offensive statements and norm-shattering behavior from President Trump, ignoring his caustic and scattershot Twitter feed and penchant for flouting party orthodoxy and standing by quietly as he abandoned military allies, attacked American institutions and stirred up racist and nativist fears.

But now, less than three weeks away from the election, facing grim polling numbers and a flood of Democratic money and enthusiasm that has imperiled their majority in the Senate, Republicans on Capitol Hill are beginning to publicly put distance between themselves and the president.
Fearing Losses in November, Republican Senators Begin to Edge Away From Trump
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10...way-from-trump

Old 10-16-2020, 06:40 PM

3,578 posts, read 4,443,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Gotta love all these RINOs complaining about Trump doing a bad job while they do absolutely nothing themselves.

He voted to increase our debt by trillions: https://www.sasse.senate.gov/public/...us-relief-bill
Oh my! Another RINO reared it's ugly head a few months ago! Oh! Pardon me. This is not your typical RINO. This is Highly Decorated USMC General James Mattis who tried his best to serve President Trump:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...zation/612640/

But wait! Yet another RINO breaks news 1 hour ago! Oh! Pardon me again! It's only another Highly Decorated USMC General going rogue against thin skinned ConDon, whom he also faithfully served as would Every Semper Fidelis Marine who's stepped on this Earth! Who'da thunk it?:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1084832.html

Ladies . . . shall I continue?

Old 10-16-2020, 06:47 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,777,029 times
Ben Sasse, A True Republican

This is why the GOP has become the Trump party !!!

People like Sen. Sasse want to return to the past hoping he can pick up the pieces preventing the GOP from becoming the party of the future !!!

Old 10-16-2020, 07:12 PM

18,001 posts, read 13,990,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

Actually, seeing all these old Republicans joining Biden proves that Bannon was right in coining the phrase “RINO”.
Don't give 'Ole Liverspot credit for RINO. The guy who is credited with the term RINO was a New Hampshire journalist named John Distaso in the run up to 1992.

Liverspot is the guy who enlightened all the right wingers about "The Deep State". Which certainly made the Trilateralists, the Builderbergs and the Council on Foreign Relations some happy campspirators.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:15 PM

4,528 posts, read 3,877,614 times
He was always a never-Trumper. He wrote in Pence in 2016. He's an idiot. And I'm sure you'll feel the same way when he votes to confirm Justice Barrett in a couple weeks.

Old 10-17-2020, 06:08 AM

13,874 posts, read 9,826,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
He was always a never-Trumper. He wrote in Pence in 2016. He's an idiot. And I'm sure you'll feel the same way when he votes to confirm Justice Barrett in a couple weeks.
Shouldn’t you be against Barrett if the never trumpers support her?

Old 10-17-2020, 06:17 AM

5,677 posts, read 6,287,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Yes! It's time for a fiscally conservative, socially liberal Centrist Party.
Another vote for this party from me. There was some discussion of this among folks like John Kasich at one point but it obviously didn't go very far. I could see a party like that with folks like Kasich, Mitt Romney and Jeff Flake and then on the Democratic side people like Steve Bullock and Charlie Crist.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:03 AM

3,578 posts, read 4,443,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Another vote for this party from me. There was some discussion of this among folks like John Kasich at one point but it obviously didn't go very far. I could see a party like that with folks like Kasich, Mitt Romney and Jeff Flake and then on the Democratic side people like Steve Bullock and Charlie Crist.
They'll have my vote. I'm tired of the extremism of the current Republican and Democratic parties. Tired of their unwillingness to work or compromise with "the other" side for the People's sake. There's no negotiating anymore. Now it's all about "my way, or no way." This does not serve the wellbeing of "We, The People."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies