Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 05:22 PM

30,775 posts, read 18,521,144 times

Advertisements

Of course, Joe Biden used the same phrase in May of this year: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sexual-prefer/. And even Ruth Bader Ginsburg is on record as using it in 2017 (same source). The left is criminally insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2020, 06:59 PM

2,308 posts, read 1,606,971 times
Exactly what about gender fluid?
Anyone who says it is offensive is absurd because if they truly knew gays, bi's and trans they'd learn they "prefer" to have sex with one gender for a while and then prefer a different one. C'mon I grew up in L.A. and worked in Hollywood so I saw and heard things.

We all know certain celebrity women prefer men sometimes and then will date a woman.

Some women prefer women after being married to a man for a while and vice versa.

Maize, they were not just born that way. Gays yes I understand but bi-sexual experiment, Maybe I am wrong, i don't know.

Why are elected leaders in the U.S. becoming more embarrassing each year?

Old 10-15-2020, 07:47 AM

53,471 posts, read 35,179,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/...-fake-outrage/

They're considering changing their name to "Newspeak."
what obedient little toadies they are. let's just rewrite the meanings of all the words in the english language on the whim of our 'woke' overlords.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:23 AM

1,168 posts, read 789,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what obedient little toadies they are. let's just rewrite the meanings of all the words in the english language on the whim of our 'woke' overlords.
I think they're just trying not to get cancelled

Old 10-15-2020, 08:46 AM

7,142 posts, read 2,823,848 times
There is nothing offensive about the term "sexual preference". People CHOOSE who that want to be in a relationship with. Many woman CHOOSE to be in a lesbian relationship because they just don't like men. It does not mean they are actually oriented that way.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:51 AM

20,948 posts, read 5,572,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Scary, isn't it?

The libs do not even realize that they are becoming the exact entity that Orwell warned us about.

PC language (Newspeak), Burning books, "Ministry of Truth", and the constant external existential threat.

"1984" = Democrat party

Donald Trump = Emmanuel Goldstein

Old 10-15-2020, 08:55 AM

25,115 posts, read 16,329,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am a senior, so I sometimes find it difficult to keep up, but I don't seem why the phrase "sexual preference" is offensive.

I did find the following article right now, but I thought the left has maintained that sexual identity is fluid, so what is wrong with the term preference? For example, someone can say they are a vegetarian if that is what they like right now, but it doesn't mean s/he will always be a vegetarian. Or to put it another way, some people might identify as being straight and the opposite sex is what s/he prefers for sexual relations right now, but I have read literally dozens of cases in which people identified as one way and then identified another way later on and preferred a sexual relationship with someone of the same sex.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/us/se...rnd/index.html

I

there is no point in trying to make sense of it. The Advocate, a 50 year LGBTQ magazine/website, used the term preference without incident less than 90 days ago

Old 10-15-2020, 09:38 AM

18,007 posts, read 15,710,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'm glad I have an unabridged dictionary from about 20 years ago. It's huge, but it contains actual English, offensive to the left or not. Also, most of the history books I own were published long before the left decided to change and erase history. I'm in the process of buying all the books of quotes and essays by each of the founding fathers before new editions come out with re-written and altered content. Used bookstores will soon be the only place to find the truth... until the book burning party. All this sure rings a bell when it comes to history (real, un-revised history)...
My Dad had quite a bit of cool old texts. In the collection are a pair of history books from I believe, but I'll have to dig them out to check, the late 1930s. I do remember they are 8th grade level.

Two books were required for all the material covered. Reading through them was quite interesting. You won't see history presented that way today. The point of view is quite different and covers es everything.

Most of what's in them wont even be covered now. US history doesnt start till the 1960s in school today. And it only covers certain aspects from there up. The only historic conflict touched in now is the Cuvil War. But the end of line is it was fought "to free the Black slaves." Now move on to the civil rights movement. The century between never happened.

Most young people graduating high school today know nothing about WW2 or 1, very little about the Revolutionary war, and. just omit out of hand the War of 1812, Spanish American war, Korea, and all the other significant events that molded the country before Martin Luther King.
Vietnam might get touched on but only from the hippy protest angle. The teacher might play that song from that scrounge flea bitten varmint Neil Young. End of lesson. Definition of words is another area of revisionism.

Words that have been hijacked or even stricken from the record. A word meaning greedy, have a miserly personality, being a cheapskate that sounds like but is sspelled differently and has a totally different meaning from a racially based slang word comes to mind.

The meaning of "gay" has been totally revised as have a slew of other words. These words were used as slang terms for what is now written as actual meaning. And so falls "preference" now.

Words that originally had no meaning referring to race or any sort of sexual activity have been redefined. Sheesh it seems that you cant even use proper English without offending some person or group of people anymore.

No matter how careful one is with their language it can and will be twisted and let the howling begin. A cacophony that rivals 50 hungry coyotes penned up in an echo chamber.

It's truly frightening.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:43 AM

21,380 posts, read 8,019,214 times
Anyone remember hearing about a library in Alexandria that was destroyed?

Huh.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:47 AM

10,089 posts, read 5,804,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am a senior, so I sometimes find it difficult to keep up, but I don't seem why the phrase "sexual preference" is offensive.
It's "offensive" because your moral betters SAY IT IS and no other explanation is needed. This new rule is now in effect and any attempt to seek a more detailed explanation will only confirm you're a hateful bigot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies