Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 08:17 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,803,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting. So, legally owning a firearm, embracing our Second Amendment rights makes us crazy right wing nutjobs ? Why do you hate our Bill of Rights ?
People like the poster you relies too are frightening examples of those who will now openly call for your rights to be extinguished. There is no debate on guns. The Bill of rights is not up for negotiation. Short of the leftist winning a civil war there is no way they will be taking guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 10:58 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
Eventually fear of crazy right wingers will lead to the repeal of the second amendment, and you nutjobs will only have yourselves to blame.
If there is another civil war you are going to be on the side with large plastic sex toys and we'll be on the side with actual firearms.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:07 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
You are wrong, law enforcement will obey their orders and enforce any ban. Remember the Nuremberg defense.

I think any national ban will end up in the Supreme Court now that Heller is the law of the land. Although I think states like California will have a complete ban, mainly because the majority of people in California hate firearms and gun owners in general. Other states will ignore any gun ban. It will be a constitutional crisis eventually.
There are at least 20 million of these "scary" firearms in America now. You do realize probably every other cop owns one right? The ban in 94 didn't do diddly squat. We just kept on buying them. Just as there is no such thing as an "assault weapon" there never was a real ban on them.

CA has a "complete ban" right now and guess what, we are ignoring it too. We have good attorneys that outthink these kooks. I can buy an AR today right down the street.

Here's the deal. The reason the leftist kooks can't push it any further is because it will get fast tracked to SCOTUS. Instead they just tend to annoy actual law abiding by coming up with fringe crap like ammo back ground checks, magazine bans etc. and we just go right around em like a game. Learn to play the game and beat em at their own made up crap.

Politicians run with this garbage because city dwellers are afraid of firearms and gobble up the junk like it holds any truth. That is the only reason it's done.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:09 AM

18,563 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Really.....

Harris says she would ban AR-15 imports by executive action

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) said that if she were elected president, she would prohibit imports of AR-15-style assault weapons.

Harris said she would use executive action to ban the weapon imports if Congress did not pass the measure legislatively during her first 100 days in office while speaking at a campaign stop in New Hampshire, according to CNN.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ecutive-action
1. Stopping imports is not banning the guns.
2. She can't stop imports by an executive order.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:59 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,671,494 times
Exclamation US president can direct how its agencies enforce gun laws and dictate internal practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Didn't George H. W. Bush’s 1989 semi-auto import ban demonstrate that a president can, in fact, severely restrict imports by executive action? Basically rulemaking and playing games with the meaning of "sporting purposes":

Quote:
Under 18 U.S.C. section 925(d)(3), the Secretary shall approve applications for importation only when the firearms are generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes (the “sporting purposes test”). In 1989, ATF denied applications to import a series of semiautomatic versions of automatic-fire military assault rifles. When ATF examined these semiautomatic assault rifles, it found that the rifles, while no longer machineguns, still had a military configuration that was designed for killing and disabling the enemy and that distinguished the rifles from traditional sporting rifles. This distinctively military configuration served as the basis for ATF’s finding that the rifles were not considered sporting rifles under the statute.

Last edited by Nonesuch; 10-16-2020 at 12:08 PM..

Old 10-16-2020, 12:39 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutmark View Post
Good evening.
If Biden/Harris will win next elections, more than likely they will ban the AR15, the AK47 and all the "assault rifles"; people will be forced somehow to surrend them to the government.
If this scenario will happen, will be prohibited to own any part of an AR15, or just the whole rifle ?
I mean, in case it happens, can we surrend them just the lower (which has the serial number) and keep the rest, upper, receiver, stock, magazines, for future, or we will be forced to give them all items concerning the banned guns ?
How did it work in the previous bans ?
Thank you for your opinion.
Well, I can categorically state I will NOT surrender my semi automatic firearms. AR 15 or otherwise. Ban them, Go ahead. Turn tens of millions of American citizens into criminals. Criminals that will turn into rebels if they try to enforce a ludicrous ban the way Harris wants to.

And I dont want to hear the dumba$$ comments by the anti 2A cretins about how me and my pathetic little rifle will be dozed under by the might of the US military. How it is I think ne and my AR can stand up to Apache gunships and F 15 Strike Eagles. That isn't going to be a concern.

As if the US military is going to follow orders to do ground attack air assaults with laser guided bombs and Hellfire missiles on residential areas. As if ground units are going to roll with Bradley's and Strikers against targets in suburban neighborhoods.
I think the fact of the matter is they would not just refuse they would remove the ones giving those orders from any position of power. There might be a number of maybe DHS, FBI or some such that night be in board.

Lon Horiuchi types itching to kill someone. Maybe fleabag cops like the ones who killed Daniel Shaver. But there won't be enough if them and their compatriots would either cuff n stuff them or outright frag them.

There is NO way Harris, Buden Pelosi Feinstein and crew could hope to actually enforce such a ban. This isnt Europe, the UK or Australia. Hell New Zealand enacted such a ban and such small number of people complied as to be ludicrous. But leftist media here would have us believe New Zealanders rushed en masse ri turn in their guns.

That didn't happen. And it wont happen here. The AR us the most popular civilian firearm since the Colt SAA or the Winchester 73. Probably more so. In addition to the AR the radical left wants a LOT more. Any semiautomatic that takes a detachable box mag or has any one of a laundry list of other features.

Common rifles in 22 LR that have been around for well North of a century are considered "assault weapons." Same with shotguns and handguns as well. Just look at the ban happy cretins list. It's just amazing.

The radical left headed by the Democrats are dreaming. A narcotic induced euphoria. They are emboldened by all these violent riots and anti conservative rhetoric in the leftist media so as to feel way to big for their britches.

Ain't no way they're going to get them buttoned up and zipped. So that's my opinion. That is how I see it. Wash te!

Old 10-25-2020, 10:40 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
I don't think it would ever come to confiscation, just look to NY and CT during the last 10 years or so, both states passed laws requiring that anyone who owned an Assault Type of weapons was to register them with the state police in each of their respective states, and in each case only 10% of the people did so.

That left 90% of people that refused to comply, they still work, pay taxes and are good everyday citizens but not comply with with registration. In each state it was about 500,000 people that did not comply.

So everyone just pretends that the laws are not passed, the police are not trying to enforce it, and the legislators just pretend that everything is normal.

I don't think they were ready for civil disobedience on that kind of level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The real question is what will the feds do when half the states in the country refuse to allow these laws to be enforced? State legislatures in red states will line up to pass nullification acts against this type of ban. Governors of red states will order state officers to not enforce a ban like this. The federal government will be forced to decide whether or not to send in people to enforce this new gun ban and these federal officials could be arrested by state officials. This would then lead the feds to send in more force. States will raise home guards and lines in the sand will be drawn. This is dangerous stuff, this is the stuff of America’s now very near second civil war.

Gun control/ confiscation is just one of the issues that could trigger war. Many others are out there. Everyone in this country should be terrified for our future. Our union has not been at this level of risk since the 1860s. We are in the same place we were in the very late 1850s, on the precipice, we could fall any minute now. Our basic liberties like the right to keep and bear arms, freedom of speech and freedom of religion are all things many real Americans are willing to fight for. It is so sad that these very basic American liberties are being threatened. I can’t believe this is actually happening in the United States of America. The bill of rights are NOT flexible suggestions from the founding fathers. These rights cannot be legally taken from us.

I believe you are correct danielj72;59417185 gun confiscation is one of the issues that could spark a civil war.

Going back to my post, if 10% comply with turning their firearms in, and if even 10% of the remaining 90% of the firearm owners would be willing to fight with their guns in the face of confiscation, there would still be millions of people that would fight back. Even using the low end of firearm owners there would still be over 9 million people that would fight back using their guns. That would be a guarantee to start a civil war.

I have already done my part and voted early, and I do not want to see any kind of war on American Soil; civil or otherwise.

I have owned guns since I was 21, none of them have ever gotten up and committed mass murder, they are just a non living object's they can do nothing without a person behind them pulling the trigger.

My best friend when he was still alive believed as I do about keeping the 2nd amendment rights; but his Uncle was in favor of confiscation, here is the odd thing, my friend knew that his Uncle had several guns obtained illegally that no one knew he had. So his Uncle was in favor of the confiscation as it would not impact him.

AS we know already illegal for someone already convicted of a crime to obtain a firearm, and how many cases is a person arrested having been previously convicted of a crime and has a gun? That happen quite often. Total confiscation on any level is a pipe dream, the person who already breaking the law will not turn them in. The one who pays in this manner is the one who is not the threat in the first place.

Old 10-25-2020, 11:19 AM

29,476 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Lol...what semi auto AR's are imported ?

Oops, maybe i shouldn't have said anything...yeah, go ahead and ban imported AR's....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies