Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 09:35 AM

26,669 posts, read 28,978,873 times

Advertisements

Democrats would not do these things. What you are seeing are radical groups, the types who live for excitement and creating chaos. I don't know any Democrat who enjoys or would endorse the toppling of statues of Lincoln or Roosevelt. You've got crazies on the extreme right too--remember that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 10:51 AM

9,892 posts, read 3,463,453 times
But.....but I thought we were told they would only topple Confederate statues...........

Old 10-12-2020, 11:13 AM

1,745 posts, read 971,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Another day of allegations of political affiliation supported by nothing factual.
While some of these people might be registered Democrats, it would be more accurate to call them leftists and anarchists, because that is exactly what they are. I am disgusted and appalled at this destruction. These people have been coddled by the Democratic mayor and the Democratic city commissioners long enough. I go to the farmers market at this park. I go to church across the street from this park. The art museum is next to the park. It’s only a matter of time until they try to vandalize the churches around the park and the art museum. This is the Cultural Revolution 2.0. The mayor, the city commissioners, the district attorney, the governor ( all Democrats ) are more concerned about offending their lefty friends than they are about ending the destruction, violence, and mayhem going on in Portland.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:17 AM

20,281 posts, read 9,769,114 times
Quote:
Another day of allegations of political affiliation supported by nothing factual.
Oh, come on, man! (or woman)

Yes, I am sure that conservative/Republicans are pulling down and destroying U.S. monuments. (That was sarcasm, in case you missed it.)

Unless, that is, some extreme right-wingers are now upset, due to the BLM riots, that Lincoln did do so much to end slavery. (And, yes, he certainly was not perfect in this regard, but if he had just chosen to let the South go without a fight, then it is entirely possible that many people, and most of them probably black, would still be enslaved in the South.)

P.S. And, yes, many of those doing the destruction might not have any political affiliation, but as I said, I doubt very much of many of them are Republicans, and if they do vote, they almost certainly be voting for Biden/Harris and not Trump!

Old 10-12-2020, 11:17 AM

26,495 posts, read 19,376,912 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies