Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 03:17 PM

18,095 posts, read 27,559,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
What kind of upside down world do we live in?!

https://youtu.be/Zoq6iO3LRaU
They take the money from the probation officer or case worker etc. for a room at a motel, then they spend the money on booze and smack instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 03:23 PM

30,202 posts, read 18,775,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
What kind of upside down world do we live in?!

https://youtu.be/Zoq6iO3LRaU
Another "benefit" of liberal loons.

As an "altruistic" move for the mentally ill, liberals campaigned to close long term mental hospitals and "mainstream" the mentally ill. It was contended with the modern anti-psychotics and anti-depressants, there was not the need for such institutions anymore.

Another liberal plan backfires (as they all do, because they do not think).

The "homeless" are the mentally ill and drug addicts, "mainstreamed".

How do you like it?

Old 10-11-2020, 03:47 PM

8,351 posts, read 3,559,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
For the most part it's the other way around. They're mentally ill and end up homeless because they cannot keep a job.

There's a high number of veterans among them who just aren't getting the help they need and deserve.
I've likely had PTSD since childhood. I grew up in an extremely abusive home. It was so bad that I fantasized suicide starting around the age of five. Then I was forced to marry a violent rapist when I was still a child. I have never had a true friend my whole life. Society allowed me to be abused right in front of them. It was never a secret. No one has ever cared about me.

I was never able to keep a job because of physical health problems.

My homeless experiences just added more trauma to it. Even my physical problems are traumatic. I have lived a life where my body literally attacks itself. I have auto immune disease. My body has been trying to kill itself. I had to be put on chemo to shut down my immune system. For most of my life I have lived afraid of my own body because I never know when I'd get another episode. During the more violent episodes I would have blood filling up the toilet because my insides were bleeding. The attitude of most of the doctors were like 'yeah, you're bleeding; who cares' and I have mostly been denied medical care, even after I was finally diagnosed. I have been completely powerless to do anything about it. I have even nearly died a few times because the doctors and hospitals would ignore my problems and deny me medical treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies