Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 01:20 PM

25,595 posts, read 17,329,689 times

Advertisements

The Trump approval hit a high for 2020 in September. He came in at 50%.
The Rasmussen total is made by using the daily tolls taken during the month. So 50% represents the views of 15,000 likely voters.

Rasmussen only measures popular vote. They got it right with Trump/Clinton and I would be surprised if they miss this one.

There will be about 15M Black voters. Trump got 1.2M votes from that group in 2016. Nowadays the polls are all over the place with 27% being about the average. That means support for Trump by Black voters will go from 1.2M to about 4M. It'll make a difference, and might even make THE difference in places like PA, WI, and MN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2020, 01:33 PM

622 posts, read 410,899 times
One of the biggest drawbacks with the polling that shows the Democrats having a commanding lead is that if Trump wins, we will see endless attempts to derail his presidency and remove him from office.

This happened after he won the 2016 election ..... it shocked the Democrats who took it for granted that Hillary would win in a landslide. It was very difficult for them to accept that Trump won and so we saw endless accusations of collusion with the Russians by the Trump campaign which the Mueller report pretty much said was unsubstantiated.

The one thing worse than losing an election is losing one that the contender believes is sure thing ...... it creates a level of disbelief that encourages baseless conspiracy theories. Right now, Democrats think the 2020 election is a foregone conclusion ...... they are going to win and the only question is the margin of victory.

Old 10-10-2020, 01:49 PM

5,184 posts, read 3,108,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
So is the shy Biden vote.

Plenty of people will be voting to restore competency to government in the voting booth.
Lol — our county recorder, a life-long “D”, is certainly encouraging votes this year. She has mailed me not one, but two postcards trying to get the lady who used to live at this address to vote by mail. Problem is the lady died ten years ago...

Yeah, nothing funny going on with the mail-in vote.

Old 10-10-2020, 02:02 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,735,357 times
I dont think their are enough shy voters that will be meaningful....especially since the pollsters are literally being proactive in their models if they see signs of that.

Here is the shy voter you need to be paying attention to. The suburban, exurban, and some rural moms that live in Trump house households and communities that act like they like Trump but are voting Biden....they usually lean Republican but there are signs that aint happening this year.....I'm paying attention to states that have turned purple...NC, Georgia, Ohio, and the big one is Texas. I dont think Texas will turn blue but if Biden keeps the national lead around 9 to 10....don't be surprised. Texas has some of the largest suburbs in the country.

Old 10-10-2020, 02:04 PM

11,148 posts, read 10,723,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
So is the shy Biden vote.

Plenty of people will be voting to restore competency to government in the voting booth.
What, by voting third party? I’d be all for that.

Old 10-10-2020, 02:06 PM

17,445 posts, read 9,283,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Poll: The Shy Trump Vote Is Bigger This Year...And Who Falls Into This Category Should Terrify Democrats

Wouldn't be surprised.

People are getting "cancelled" - that is, losing friends, missing promotions, even losing their jobs - due to fanatic Democrats not liking what they say or who they vote for. Such reaction is usually reserved for third-world countries and jungle dictatorships. But Democrats have embraced it wholeheartedly.

It's perfectly understandable that, when someone calls claiming to be a poll taker, normal people won't even talk to him any more, and just hang up.

But you can be sure that the normal people WILL vote. They won't be "shy" then.

And that's the "poll" that counts.
Not sure it’s so much a “shy vote” as it is ...
1). Trump Voters don’t get polled as much as Democrats & Leftists
2). Trump Voters are afraid of being outed in some way and then attacked in some way ... lack of Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Democrats protest in the streets. The Republicans protest in the voting booth. The polls are way off.
Election Day is the Poll that counts ... the protests, Riots and threats are just noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
One of the biggest drawbacks with the polling that shows the Democrats having a commanding lead is that if Trump wins, we will see endless attempts to derail his presidency and remove him from office.

This happened after he won the 2016 election ..... it shocked the Democrats who took it for granted that Hillary would win in a landslide. It was very difficult for them to accept that Trump won and so we saw endless accusations of collusion with the Russians by the Trump campaign which the Mueller report pretty much said was unsubstantiated.

The one thing worse than losing an election is losing one that the contender believes is sure thing ...... it creates a level of disbelief that encourages baseless conspiracy theories. Right now, Democrats think the 2020 election is a foregone conclusion ...... they are going to win and the only question is the margin of victory.
WINNER-WINNER

I would add that it’s interesting that the most accurate Polling Company in 2016 is not included in the Real Clear Politics Polling Data ..... even though Real Clear Politics said after the 2016 Election that Trafalgar was the most accurate. The L.A. Times did a Rolling Poll in 2016 that was also accurate and predicted a Trump Victory.
They are not doing that Poll in 2020.

Old 10-10-2020, 02:06 PM

1,253 posts, read 503,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Feelings - -whoa whoa Feelings.

I live in the south -- we don't have shy Trump voters, we have shy Democrats.
I live in the south too and there is no such thing as shy Democrats this time around. Everyone voting for Biden are loud and clear about it.

Old 10-10-2020, 02:11 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,735,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
I live in the south too and there is no such thing as shy Democrats this time around. Everyone voting for Biden are loud and clear about it.
I grew up in the boarder south and my Dad is from the deep south....I know when you're not going along you pretty much keep your mouth shut.

Old 10-10-2020, 02:21 PM

14,962 posts, read 12,178,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Lol — our county recorder, a life-long “D”, is certainly encouraging votes this year. She has mailed me not one, but two postcards trying to get the lady who used to live at this address to vote by mail. Problem is the lady died ten years ago...

Same here. Our daughter, who lives with us, is a registered democrat. She's received about five of those mail in voting requests.

Old 10-10-2020, 02:25 PM

1,361 posts, read 554,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Same here. Our daughter, who lives with us, is a registered democrat. She's received about five of those mail in voting requests.

Don't worry... it happens here too. I still get ballots for a roommate that moved to Missouri in 2014... from the same King County elections that was behind the biggest scam in US election history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_W...orial_election

I actually just got my voter booklet in the mail yesterday with a notice that ballots will be mailed by the 16th. I'm pretty sure I'll still get one for the ex-roommate like I always do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies