Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 09:30 PM

30,782 posts, read 12,286,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
And, yet, many people are still more concerned about the 0.5% that MIGHT die than they are about the millions of people who could possibly end up homeless.

People need to wear masks. And wearing a mask does not mean using it as a chin diaper. We never should have shut down in the first place. But that is old news. Wear a mask and there will be no more shutdowns.

We don't need more bailout and helicopter money. We need people to get back to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 09:31 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,193,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
A large % will never recover, specifically those previously employed in hospitality.
Time to look for a different job.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
People need to wear masks. And wearing a mask does not mean using it as a chin diaper. We never should have shut down in the first place. But that is old news. Wear a mask and there will be no more shutdowns.

We don't need more bailout and helicopter money. We need people to get back to work.

How about each one of us decide if we should wear a mask or not, those that are afraid welcome to stay home with lock door and if needed blanket over their head.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:48 PM

8,271 posts, read 3,825,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
How about each one of us decide if we should wear a mask or not, those that are afraid welcome to stay home with lock door and if needed blanket over their head.
Hmmm, ok, then don't complain about the economy. So much for personal responsibility, just ridiculous.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Hmmm, ok, then don't complain about the economy. So much for personal responsibility, just ridiculous.
I do not care about personal responsibility except to my family and my friends. Each person for themselves.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:01 PM

4,353 posts, read 5,845,567 times
There is a reason why they say to have an emergency fund. Also many Americans are living beyond their means. When you live beyond your means and you don't make an extra effort to put any sort of money into an emergency fund, that is a recipe of disaster. At one point in time my husband and I brought home 3,000 a month. We did everything we could to put money into our savings.
Even now, with him gone, we live on a tight budget and still manage to put money away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It's almost like the government should take the money usually used for wars and help the people during these times... I mean we haven't had a war, so I'm sure we have war money laying around somewhere...
Our service members are still currently fighting. Still training and still going to schools to make sure they are trained for anything that may come our way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
All of this back and forth is nonsense. We need to open the country up period. This isn’t the black plague or anything close. Time to reopen with safety guidelines.
We do need Governors and mayors to open states and towns back up with safety guidelines in place. That is what is hurting so many right now. It's sad seeing businesses that have been in business for 30+ years shutting their doors permanently due to local government shutting things down.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:09 PM

32,406 posts, read 15,429,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I do not care about personal responsibility except to my family and my friends. Each person for themselves.
Well you should care about your personal responsibility. And no, not each person for themselves. We are the United States and should always look out for and take care of each other. Otherwise, we should be called the divided states. This virus is killing us and our economy. Trump has no idea what to do about it.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:22 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,598,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Probably works for the DNC.

Reality is that a lot of people are hurting. And the lower half is hurting the most. All while Putin's puppet Pelosi plays politics with people's lives. But she doesn't miss her maskless trip to the hair salon.

Ive stated my job here before. I will explain it in simple words. I write software that tests software.

There you go. Ive also been a Sr Software Engineer at Intel, and a Sr QA.

Im rarely surprised when you folks go for the personal attacks rather then discussing things like facts, or truth. Sort of fascinating seeing attempts to derail the topic and attack a politician instead. Which ironically if you worked for the GOP and were a paid troll ..... now that....That would be amazing. Cause then it would be the most messed up nonsense I have ever seen. Alas, I will never know.

Old 10-09-2020, 12:11 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,975,112 times
If my retirement act crashed. If my investments all crashed. I have about 2 years living saved. Then I go mooch off my children.

Old 10-09-2020, 05:32 AM

26,881 posts, read 13,701,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. I notice the Democrats passed stuff to help folks months ago. Republicans? Chirp....chirp. And then....OMG its the democrats fault!
The Democrats do not pass ANYTHING, without the Republican controlled Senate, & Presidency.

You do know that the people in need got only ~20% of the $3.5T, and the top 1% got the rest...right?

Have you done the simple math? I have...read my posts, and you'll learn something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies