Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 12:38 AM

4,922 posts, read 2,066,593 times

Advertisements

I use to live and work in NYC... So glad I left that place and only been back once.

No doubt that the city will slip back into the 70s and 80s with high crimes and killings... It’s sad that people can’t or don’t want to believe that NYC is on the verge of a crime explosion AND I’ll bet before Summer’s end NYC will meet or exceed Chicago’s violent crimes and killings.

The people of NYC will be getting a taste of reality once they realize that the cops they hate So much, will no longer be working there or simply set back and watch the chaos, as directed by the mayor... Also, who in the freak wants to join NYPD to replace all the cops that are now retiring?? I’m sure the people of NYC don’t want the cops to violate a murder’s rights.

The sad thing is that it will be the poor, people of color and the elderly that will end up suffering the most from this bone-headed move.

Well, I think that the smart people in the city sees the writing on the walls and moving out to other locations Across the country to get away from all this craziness.

As for the rest of the remaining people... Good luck and be prepared to protect yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 12:39 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,602,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I'm from NYC, believe me, the majority of us DO NOT. Lol
Polls suggest differently from your view.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:49 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,422,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
It won't be until the next election that you will see the 'will of the voters'.
Can they do recalls there?

Old 07-09-2020, 04:55 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,772,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
In the meantime, in the real world, Cuomo' ratings are sky high, and the majority of NY citizens approve of DeBlasio.

They don't care what the Trumpaholic Hannity says. He is irrelevant.
Only a SICK person would think DeBlasio is wonderful. Cuomo (in Dem's eyes) gets high fives for putting COVID patients in nursing homes, KILLING many of the elderly!: Keep drinking the hypnotic CNN Kewl-aid Democrats!

Old 07-09-2020, 05:01 AM

10,192 posts, read 11,174,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I'm from NYC, believe me, the majority of us DO NOT. Lol
No kidding. Unless one is from NYC or from NY - I don't know where some of these folks, know what they are talking about.

Cuomo is a murderer and you might as well say De Blasio is the same.

Both are nothing but scum of the earth.

Old 07-09-2020, 06:05 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,360,355 times
This is going to be REALLY good for tourism.

Old 07-09-2020, 06:15 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,244,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Polls suggest differently from your view.
What polls?

Heres one: https://www.cityandstateny.com/artic...de-blasio.html

Old 07-09-2020, 06:19 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,517,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I use to live and work in NYC... So glad I left that place and only been back once.

No doubt that the city will slip back into the 70s and 80s with high crimes and killings... It’s sad that people can’t or don’t want to believe that NYC is on the verge of a crime explosion AND I’ll bet before Summer’s end NYC will meet or exceed Chicago’s violent crimes and killings.

The people of NYC will be getting a taste of reality once they realize that the cops they hate So much, will no longer be working there or simply set back and watch the chaos, as directed by the mayor... Also, who in the freak wants to join NYPD to replace all the cops that are now retiring?? I’m sure the people of NYC don’t want the cops to violate a murder’s rights.

The sad thing is that it will be the poor, people of color and the elderly that will end up suffering the most from this bone-headed move.

Well, I think that the smart people in the city sees the writing on the walls and moving out to other locations Across the country to get away from all this craziness.

As for the rest of the remaining people... Good luck and be prepared to protect yourself.
I was there in the late 70s, in college. Crime was so out of control that the cops suggested that we girls never leave campus without at least $20 (worth at least $50 now) to hand over to a mugger. They said that when muggers find out you’re empty-handed, they get angry - and violent.

I was mugged twice. Had cash on me, thankfully.

7,945 posts, read 3,490,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
It won't be until the next election that you will see the 'will of the voters'.
They will both be re-elected.

68,338 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Companygreed33 View Post
I'm sitting back smiling. New york is going to crumble. It's going to be even worse than the Koch days of the 80s and crack killing people left and right. This is what liberals want, they got their wish.

New Yorkers will be smiling and the city still attracting tourists from all over the world when Hannity is known as some has been hack who used to spew irrelevant opinions on a former 'news' channel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies