Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:45 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,074,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You failed the first test of "know your enemy." They're much more organized, indoctrinated and better funded than you seem to give them credit for being. That's Gingrich's point.
Right those guys living in caves on the Afghan/Pakistan boarder sending messages by goat herder are cutting edge threats. Be afraid America, spend more money on defense contractors, pay no attention to that little man behind the curtain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 10:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,841,952 times
I am far more concerned with getting in an accident with a drunk driver (our favorite form of domestic terrorist) than any Islamic radical. I am also concerned with our economic addiction to funding excessive military spending with money borrowed from our major competitor and likeliest enemy. The first scares me and the second should scare everybody.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:07 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,799,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am far more concerned with getting in an accident with a drunk driver (our favorite form of domestic terrorist) than any Islamic radical. I am also concerned with our economic addiction to funding excessive military spending with money borrowed from our major competitor and likeliest enemy. The first scares me and the second should scare everybody.
You are so right, at least in this Country. In Europe things are changing and the chances of getting an accident with a drunk driver are less than here, although the drinking age is way lower. (16 years old and 18 to start to take driving lessons) The muslims issue is big since that is part of the economics on a everyday level. Many are not working, don't want to speak the language and many are illegal, so the issue is out there way more important than over here. In a small country like The Netherlands which fits 3 times Florida, there are over 400 mosques and in many there is hate preached and recently they found out that El Quada is trying to get more people to support them. Over here you don't see so many mosques.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:17 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,597,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Right those guys living in caves on the Afghan/Pakistan boarder sending messages by goat herder are cutting edge threats. Be afraid America, spend more money on defense contractors, pay no attention to that little man behind the curtain.
Which goat-herder got all of these kids out of the caves?
Attached Thumbnails
Something we all should be aware of - Muslim Terror Threat-children-jihad.jpg  

Old 04-23-2008, 11:21 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,730,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Take Time for This one.. I encourage you to take the time to watch this video....it's not politically slanted, but rather a blunt and chilling answer to a serious question posed to Newt Gingrich. It's a clearly worded warning I have yet heard from any public figure concerning the state of world affairs. This is one the most powerful and articulate summaries of the dangers of our current situation that I have ever heard, and a mystery to me why this is not painfully aware to every American and a subject of constant discussion.

YouTube - Gingrich: I'm deeply worried

Everyone will get it when we are hit with a Nuclear bomb and it's very sad.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:48 AM

31 posts, read 55,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Which goat-herder got all of these kids out of the caves?
Those kids are probably ready to war for all the family members that have been killed by our bombs. Shame on anyone who just carelessly labels any muslim a terrorist.

I dont discount the threat that something tragic can happen, but to expect it from a people who dont have a army or the ability to wage war is rediculous!

The way i see it we're fightint the enemies of Israel and the politicians are pegging it as Muslims hate America. Its all bull*****!! I wont die for them and wont send my kids or family to die for them. Those people over there have their reasons for the way they feel and for mindless Americans to just ignore their plights and use 9/11 to justify all the horrendous things we are doing over there makes me sick.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:59 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,799,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyofAgesGone View Post
Those kids are probably ready to war for all the family members that have been killed by our bombs. Shame on anyone who just carelessly labels any muslim a terrorist.

I dont discount the threat that something tragic can happen, but to expect it from a people who dont have a army or the ability to wage war is rediculous!

The way i see it we're fightint the enemies of Israel and the politicians are pegging it as Muslims hate America. Its all bull*****!! I wont die for them and wont send my kids or family to die for them. Those people over there have their reasons for the way they feel and for mindless Americans to just ignore their plights and use 9/11 to justify all the horrendous things we are doing over there makes me sick.
What an ignorance. In The Netherlands a journalist was killed during daylight riding his bike by an extremist muslim and carved the name of the next governement person in his chest to be killed. This by a muslim because the journalist said "women are not having freedom in the muslim world ( the mutulations, etc, and was coming up for the women rights). That had nothing to do with Israel. What had to do with America was that muslims in Europe were dancing in the street on 9/11! Nobody stated here that is the whole muslim society, since that isn't the case, but the extremist scared the others so much that nobosy is speaking against them!

Old 04-23-2008, 12:06 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,597,931 times
Quote:
I didn't do that. There were many madrassas and people preaching jihad long before we dropped any bombs.

Quote:
I wonder if the victims of their bombings find it ridiculous. To suggest that if you don't have what we would generally consider "an army" means that you can't wage war is naive. They seem to be doing it now. It just changes the nature of war. I would also say that the people of Great Britain found that a group without an "army" can be pretty destructive.
Quote:
Your feelings are fine; you have a right to them.

I would point out that we were targeted for many years before 9/11 happened. If you look, you will notice that the attacks became more and more bold and deadly as time went on and in the face of inaction. It's just that 9/11 was finally big enough for people to notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies