Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 09:26 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,112,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
You never seem to get that we bash you for continually using venues like the NY Times as the sources for your 'Gotcha' moments. You continue to think that we give a s**t about what these horribly and provably biased sources have to say about anything.

It would be like me posting a huge news scoop and listing my sources as FOX, OAN news and the MRC. You liberals always scream about that. And yet you continue to use the like of WaPo, HuffPo, Vox, Politico, CNN, MSNBC, Etc as your 'credible sources' and get all upset when we call you on it.....

You in particular are guilty of this practice. I'm not saying you can't do it, just be prepared for the backlash. I, for one, rarely read any of your posts anymore because they are just annoying. You do bring up an occasional good topic, but there it is again....NY Times...!

Look, I'm just trying to help out so we can have better conversations. Idea: maybe take a topic that means a lot to you and try and find support from both sides....then present it here and watch everyone spin their wheels trying to debunk your point. Wouldn't that feel better than constantly getting bashed and ridiculed...?

There is no disputing the fact that almost all of the msm destroyed it's credibility when it knowingly pushed a Russian collusion conspiracy theory for 3 years.

Anyone that uses CNN, NYT, and WaPo as their sources, will not be taken seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2020, 09:28 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,805,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Where does your 'go to` newspaper fall in this list of the world`s great papers?
I don't have a go-to newspaper. Don't read newspapers. But if I did, it would not be a hugely liberal rag. It is not relevant where the papers are ranked by another biased ranking site. They might even actually be a 'good newspaper' by whatever standards. But you completely missed my point that they are EXTREMELY BIASED and should not be used to prove a point or back up an assertion.

You libs just cannot get a simple point.....

Old 01-21-2020, 09:30 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,943,297 times
Quote:
This differs from the rest of the human race in what way? People with a sense of decency hate Trump globally.
And there is the problem. You my friend and the others that are left with decency and values are a vanishing breed. 40% of US citizens actually admire this scummy person.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...te_139543.html

Old 01-21-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
And there is the problem. You my friend and the others that are left with decency and values are a vanishing breed. 40% of US citizens actually admire this scummy person.
So let me get this straight........if someone supports Trump and likes what he's done as President to this point, then they have no values or decency......?

And then when people whisper about a 'civil war', y'all get upset and frightened.........?

Old 01-21-2020, 09:51 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,630,631 times
Quote:
Where does your 'go to` newspaper fall in this list of the world`s great papers?

https://www.thetoptens.com/top-ten-newspapers/
useful link. i found this there.

Old 01-21-2020, 10:02 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,943,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
So let me get this straight........if someone supports Trump and likes what he's done as President to this point, then they have no values or decency......?

And then when people whisper about a 'civil war', y'all get upset and frightened.........?
You might be the exception to the rule - I hope so.

Frightened and upset about a "civil war" led by the local backwoods militia? Why in the world would anyone in their right mind be frightened by that?

Trump is someone who clearly could not care less about what or who he must destroy in order to maintain his power; he has the morals of an ape as we knew from Day 1; he detests anyone that dares to disagree with him and will do anything to get back at them - just like an overgrown child.

From experience, who you choose to admire, who you choose to hang out with, who you choose to befriend or defend says a LOT about your character. And if you hang out with someone like Trump and you don't speak up against his immorality, then as a supporter you are effectively giving a thumbs up to that behavior. This is reality, you can't have it both ways.

Old 01-21-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You might be the exception to the rule - I hope so.

Frightened and upset about a "civil war" led by the local backwoods militia? Why in the world would anyone in their right mind be frightened by that?

Trump is someone who clearly could not care less about what or who he must destroy in order to maintain his power; he has the morals of an ape as we knew from Day 1; he detests anyone that dares to disagree with him and will do anything to get back at them - just like an overgrown child.

From experience, who you choose to admire, who you choose to hang out with, who you choose to befriend or defend says a LOT about your character. And if you hang out with someone like Trump and you don't speak up against his immorality, then as a supporter you are effectively giving a thumbs up to that behavior. This is reality, you can't have it both ways.
I got it....
Your opinions are always right.
Everything you think is what we all must think.
Everyone who disagrees with you is not a good person.
I got it.

Old 01-21-2020, 10:22 AM

32,820 posts, read 19,518,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
From a new book called "A Very Stable Genius." This isn't surprising. Trump, despite his many flaws, is a shrewd guy, and the political contributions he paid all his life were the equivalent of bribes. But the more surprising thing is - with his total lack of understand about politics/democracy - that he thinks that he can just eliminate any law he doesn't like.

Trump Tried to Kill Anti-Bribery Rule He Deemed ‘Unfair,’ New Book Alleges
The president asked administration officials to help kill the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
By Jeanna Smialek

“I need you to get rid of that law,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Tillerson.

Mr. Tillerson explained to the president that he could not simply repeal the legislation, according to Mr. Rucker and Ms. Leonnig. He pointed out that Congress would need to be involved in any effort to strike it down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/15/b...ibery-law.html

why don't you name a POTUS/senator/representative, who has not used bribery/quid-pro-quo during their tenure...…
Obama was sure good at it

Old 01-21-2020, 10:45 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,677,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There is no disputing the fact that almost all of the msm destroyed it's credibility when it knowingly pushed a Russian collusion conspiracy theory for 3 years.

Anyone that uses CNN, NYT, and WaPo as their sources, will not be taken seriously.
Then what sources do you take seriously? Fox News? Breitbart? InfoWars?

Old 01-21-2020, 10:52 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,112,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then what sources do you take seriously?
Sources that provide verifiable evidence to back their claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies