Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 07:48 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not one of your claims comes even close to the hateful garbage that you post along with your juvenile attacks on Trump and conservatives. Why don't you set an example and just discuss the issues without resorting to that? You can continue to harp and claim that the good physical barriers don't work in spite of the facts before you but it only makes you look foolish.

It's not fear of an invasion from poor peasants. It's objection to these economic terrorists that are raping our country to the tune of over $100 billion a year, stealing jobs and reducing wages for Americans and overcrowding our schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods not to mention the dilution of our culture and no respect for our immigration laws! I guess ID theft is ok with you to which most are guilty of? It's not only they that are breaching our border but criminals, drug runners and those from known terrorist countries. But none of the above seems to matter to you. WTH is wrong with you? I can no longer stomach your hateful, anti-American BS! Welcome to my ignore list. Hope you grow up someday.

Wow, what BS. I had a belly laugh reading your post. You accuse me of writing hateful posts and you write one of the most hateful posts I have ever read.

"Anti-American" to you means anyone that disagrees with you apparently. A true Trumper in every respect.

This wall, that will never be built, and in the off chance it is built, will be swiss cheese shortly thereafter.

Be that as it may, your rant once again ignores the root cause of the immigration crisis. You seem incapable of thinking beyond the wall. You ignore all the problems I brought up, corruption gangs, and poverty. Perhaps, for instance, there would be less central Americans flowing here if we did not send over 250,000 guns a year to Mexico and Central America that wind up in the hands of the drug cartels.

This requires some thought and introspection.

So I don't leave much hope you will understand what I am saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 07:49 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
This crap again? Do you actually think that even if they succeeded that the Border Patrol wouldn't hear the noise and be waiting for them on the other side? The last one who tried climbing over the wall broke both legs trying! You actually think that illegal aliens are going to carry saws and ladders across the desert anyway?

"Hear the noise"? Do you think the wall is going to be a few hundred feet long? We are talking about 450 miles.

Odd thing about much of the Mexican desert bordering the river: it is very firm ground, well able to support vehicles.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:02 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
"Hear the noise"? Do you think the wall is going to be a few hundred feet long? We are talking about 450 miles.

Odd thing about much of the Mexican desert bordering the river: it is very firm ground, well able to support vehicles.
You don't think that we have Border Patrol patrolling our entire border especially the most porous areas where the wall will be built?

Old 11-15-2019, 08:08 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
You don't think that we have Border Patrol patrolling our entire border especially the most porous areas where the wall will be built?
They don't now, what makes you think that that will change?

Old 11-15-2019, 08:19 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
We must recall that the southern border of Texas is the Rio Grande. The structure will not be built in the river, but must, of necessity, be set well back (some say averaging one mile in distance). The 1000 or so ranchers that own the majority of the borderland object to their cattle being denied access to the river, as well as being possibly denied access to the water for irrigation (yes, pipes can be used, but did I note the structure will be well away from the river?).

It is, in essence, ceding the Rio Grande to Mexico. The Mexican landowners will have full access to the river, but not the Texans.
finally something worthy of discussion and additional information.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:26 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
LOL.

funny. this isn't the example of ID one should be using to say Republicans are bad. this is the actual real use of ID that is proper. Governemnt taking land needed for the security of the nation.

unlike ID acts where it is used to take land from poor people to enrich, rich people... you know like when prominent democrat Beto supported his BILLIONAIR father in laws attempt to use ID to take land from poor Hispanics to build a nice big fat real estate deal that would land him hundreds of millions of dollars.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:29 AM

446 posts, read 167,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Eminent domain is necessary evil for large infrastructure projects whether it's power lines, water, highways or a border wall. Projects like this could never get done without it..

Exactly. That's life; with winners and sometimes losers. Every time you drive your car know that you're driving on land that was at one point likely privately owned.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:31 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Well, there goes another core Republican "principle" flushed down the toilet to accommodate the short-termist worship of a populist charlatan. To make matters worse, this Administration is actually contemplating using the Declaration of Takings Act to simply take the property from Texan landowners now and then work out/litigate the compensation to be paid years or decades from now. (link) Pathetic stuff.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:34 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
for example, based on Google maps...

Big Bend Ranch State Park and Big Bend National Park. They appear to run about 150 miles along the border. Satellite view says it is desert mountain and does not appear suitable for grazing. Maybe it is, I'm no rancher for sure!

What does CBP tell us about crossings in this area? Are they frequent or not? Easy terrain or not? Wall-worthy, or increased air patrol and sensors of some type?

What about the border SE of Guadaloupe, MX (which is SE of El Paso)? That appears to be farmland on either side of the river, but the Rio Grande appears to be more like a canal, and I see a marked "Border Intercepting Drain" whatever that is.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:39 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,298,699 times
You go, Trump

First the opposition refused to build a significant wall. Then they denied you the money to build one that works. Then they established sanctuary cities. They sent their lackeys to the border to find something evil about keeping the illegals we did catch "in wire cages". Their judges ruled against you over and over, setting law breaking illegal residents back into the streets.

But you prevailed. By the end of your first term you will have built several hundred miles of wall that works. That's Moxie, Mr Trump! Pure, mean-ass, stubborn MOXIE!

MAGA.
Build The Wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies